• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I can assure you that Discraft is ready for this and excited for this. The website is a work in progress as well as the new team pages. It will get there. Discraft has been 100% focused on McBeth the last few weeks. Discraft and their employees are SUPER pumped about this.

Great to hear.

Any thoughts on why Gregg Barsby, Eagle McMahon, and Paul Ulibarri are the names listed on McBeth's card in the Jomez reveal video?

I find this interesting as well. There is the rumor about Uli going Discraft, are the other two named making a move too? You'd think they'd name another Discraft player or two on the top card for a Discraft promo video. MJ and A. Turner are lead or second card material for sure.

Nothing against Jamie, who is a good dude, but he does not have the inside scoop here. He is obviously speculating, which most of us do on this site, but in this case...read on.

Sure, but to be fair I didn't claim to speak for Discraft. I'm just commenting on how it comes across. The onus is always on the sender to clearly convey the message, the recipient filters information through their own paradigm. This always leads to some variety of interpretation, so the sender (especially in business) has to be extra diligent to minimize the variety of interpretations as much as possible. This determines whether your message is effective or not.

Announcing on Jomez's channel added more suspense.

I'm going to disagree with you by quoting the legendary Alfred Hitchcock:

"There is a distinct difference between "suspense" and "surprise," and yet many pictures continually confuse the two. I'll explain what I mean.

We are now having a very innocent little chat. Let's suppose that there is a bomb underneath this table between us. Nothing happens, and then all of a sudden, "Boom!" There is an explosion. The public is surprised, but prior to this surprise, it has seen an absolutely ordinary scene, of no special consequence. Now, let us take a suspense situation. The bomb is underneath the table and the public knows it, probably because they have seen the anarchist place it there. The public is aware the bomb is going to explode at one o'clock and there is a clock in the decor. The public can see that it is a quarter to one. In these conditions, the same innocuous conversation becomes fascinating because the public is participating in the scene. The audience is longing to warn the characters on the screen: "You shouldn't be talking about such trivial matters. There is a bomb beneath you and it is about to explode!"

In the first case we have given the public fifteen seconds of surprise at the moment of the explosion. In the second we have provided them with fifteen minutes of suspense. The conclusion is that whenever possible the public must be informed. Except when the surprise is a twist, that is, when the unexpected ending is, in itself, the highlight of the story."

Discraft + Jomez = surprise

McBeth himself via social = suspense

I can assure you that Discraft is ready for this and excited for this. The website is a work in progress as well as the new team pages. It will get there. Discraft has been 100% focused on McBeth the last few weeks. Discraft and their employees are SUPER pumped about this.

Please don't interpret what I said as claiming Discraft isn't excited, of course you all obviously are ecstatic (and should be!!) at the biggest move in the history of the company. It's a huge moment deserving of due accolades for getting the deal done and moving McMountains to make it happen.

I'm saying communicating that sentiment has not come across. Maybe it will, I hope the higher ups heed some of this. I'm not taking shots or playing sides, it's business and I'm talking ROI using content marketing. Feed my fandom, and I'll feed your wallet. I'm more excited and moved by what Paul has done on his own, than what the official response has been.

Gotcha. I'm new here and don't really know the players. I was surprised that he was so critical of someone else's work. Maybe he can pitch his ideas to Discraft and see if they agree with his approach, could be cool to see them implement some other marketing approaches if that is what they want to do.

Hi, I'm Jamie and I'm opinionated. I sometimes ruffle feathers in the process. :D

In seriousness though, it's more tough love than criticism, and I've taken more than my fair share of it for work I've done. The overall point is that if you're about to drop $250k salary on re-vamping your team from top to bottom, it's a stumble to come out the gate without all of your ducks in a row. You leave $$$ on the table when you do that.

Last edited:
In seriousness though, it's more tough love than criticism, and I've taken more than my fair share of it for work I've done. The overall point is that if you're about to drop $250k salary on re-vamping your team from top to bottom, it's a stumble to come out the gate without all of your ducks in a row. You leave $$$ on the table when you do that.

Could you just imagine if they could have just kept quiet long enough to drop the first disc along with the announcement?!

I find this interesting as well. There is the rumor about Uli going Discraft, are the other two named making a move too? You'd think they'd name another Discraft player or two on the top card for a Discraft promo video. MJ and A. Turner are lead or second card material for sure.

I think this is about the relationship between PMB and Jomez more than anything.

Meanwhile, Trilogy's biggest MPO sponsored players are Eric Oakley, Zach Melton, and Paige Pierce. hmm not much there at all :gross::thmbdown:

Those shoes he's wearing look weird as hell though. Anyone know what they are? Golf shoes?

New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz I think (definitely New Balance, as you can see NB on the close up of his toe). He has been wearing New Balance of various style quite often lately. Nike and Adidas are way too big to care anything about our little sport, but maybe New Balance is small enough to take interest. Or McBeth could just like them.

The real question that needs to be asked is..

...will the McBeth/Innova fanboy clones start throwing DC? Or will they start wearing mismatched outfits that are a size too big for them, hats that are slightly crooked and pulled down over their ears and buy stacks of 2x Wystroyers?...

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Trilogy's biggest MPO sponsored players are Eric Oakley, Zach Melton, and Paige Pierce. hmm not much there at all :gross::thmbdown:

This is interesting to me bc in terms of volume of discs I see on the course....DD/Trilogy is in many peoples bags, second probably only to Innova. That popularity doesn't seem to transfer to top pros wanting to be there..

He comments every chance he gets on Ricky's Trilogy posts....lmao

I should have quoted him... I was actually referring to his reason for leaving Dynamic last year... Something about flippy discs not being able to handle his awesomeness...

This is interesting to me bc in terms of volume of discs I see on the course....DD/Trilogy is in many peoples bags, second probably only to Innova. That popularity doesn't seem to transfer to top pros wanting to be there..

I've seen a lot of players (mostly am) using DD/Trilogy over the last few years here in NC. They've really tapped into the wave of newer/upcoming players.

I've never had an interest in the trilogy brands. It used to be because I had a bias for US manufacturers but the Berg found it's way into my heart. :)

I should have quoted him... I was actually referring to his reason for leaving Dynamic last year... Something about flippy discs not being able to handle his awesomeness...

and what did DD immediately do? They made more stable Pro versions of many discs, announced their flight numbers were wrong and then made lucid-x plastic as more stable versions of their discs.....i would say gibson was dead on the money.

Latest posts