• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I have always wondered how much Ricky doesn't like doing social media vs. he is horrible at it. Of course he would get better if he did it more, but he may just hate doing it. He seems very introverted to me. I have a buddy that talks a lot and naturally with friends, but is incredibly socially awkward with people he does not know and does not go anywhere near social media.

Ricky is not one of my favorite players because of this, although I certainly don't dislike him in any way. But I definitely enjoyed watching disc golf in previous years when he and McBeth had more head to head battles. Disc golf is more fun to watch when the McBeast has someone consistently going back and forth with him.

Ricky posts on social media a lot. His insta stories are pretty hilarious usually. Nikko freestyling for example. Even my wife watches his stories.

I guess disc golf is the only sport that needs to name their equipment after animals or mythical monsters in order to be cool enough for people to buy them. Take ball golf for example, standard clubs, 3-9 iron ect, but the club names read like a model number. Taylor Made's new irons arent the "Taylor Made King Kong Irons" They are Taylor Made P760. Their model number can be compared to the plastic type of our discs, and the type of club is standard. Pretty simple IMO. Maybe not as "cool" or "creative" but its clean, simple, and professional.

Callaway had the Big Bertha. And now their runs are "Epic" & "Rogue". So... kinda?

I guess disc golf is the only sport that needs to name their equipment after animals or mythical monsters in order to be cool enough for people to buy them. Take ball golf for example, standard clubs, 3-9 iron ect, but the club names read like a model number. Taylor Made's new irons arent the "Taylor Made King Kong Irons" They are Taylor Made P760. Their model number can be compared to the plastic type of our discs, and the type of club is standard. Pretty simple IMO. Maybe not as "cool" or "creative" but its clean, simple, and professional.

Callaway had the Big Bertha. And now their runs are "Epic" & "Rogue". So... kinda?

Epic, Rogue, Big Bertha, Great Big Bertha, X, X2, X2Hot...that's just Callaway

Golf equipment sales aren't the best model to follow. TaylorMade especially is the company that many feel is responsible for the major decline.

...and also Taylormade has been bought and sold multiple times in the past few years (not in a good way), so they're not exactly a shining beacon of success right now.

My bet: Ricky to MVP

I have been wondering this as well. MVP likes keeping their deals quite. Matt Dollar and Elain King both came out of the blue.

If it was not for some on here claiming to have insider info saying he was going to Innova, I would think this more.

Should MVP do this, Michigan would become the defacto Disc Golf capital.

Last edited:
When the BBQ discussion first came up, I got super hungry so I put a big ol' pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Smoked up some bell pepper, onions, garlic cloves, and tomatoes. When the pork was finally done, I pulled it apart and sliced up the vegetables with some chipotle pepper, lime, molasses, and a bunch more I now forget. I let it all come together with the residual heat, toasted up a couple buns and had myself a nice open faced sandwich while reading this thread. I had a tone of extra, so some went in the freezer for the inevitable return of the BBQ talk. Now every time I get hungry, I just defrost a new serving in the sink. It's amazing how many ways you can eat pulled pork. Sandwich, on rice, in a quesadilla, as a side with some cornbread, etc.
What's your favorite way to eat pulled pork?

Last edited:
When the BBQ discussion first came up, I got super hungry so I put a big ol' pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Smoked up some bell pepper, onions, garlic cloves, and tomatoes. When the pork was finally done, I pulled it apart and sliced up the vegetables with some chipotle pepper, lime, molasses, and a bunch more I now forget. I let it all come together with the residual heat, toasted up a couple buns and had myself a nice open faced sandwich while reading this thread. I had a tone of extra, so some went in the freezer for the inevitable return of the BBQ talk. Now every time I get hungry, I just defrost a new serving in the sink. It's amazing how many ways you can eat pulled pork. Sandwich, on rice, in a quesadilla, as a side with some cornbread, etc.
What's your favorite way to eat pulled pork?

It sounds strange, but try it on a baked potato

Try pulled pork and pulled chicken on the same bun...:thmbup:

We've had tourneys here over the last few years where some people were selling lunch to raise money for the park. At one of those, I was late getting back from the first round and they only had one bun left, so I told them to just give me a scoop of each on one bun... Was the best BBQ sandwich I've ever had...

The best for me is a classic sandwich with some slaw. But try some cast iron skillet pulled pork nachos...assemble it all and toss it in the oven for a few minutes to get it heated through then turn on the broiler. Comes out looking like a food blog and tastes amazing, while the pan keeps it warm for a bit if you don't burn yourself grabbing it.

The best for me is a classic sandwich with some slaw. But try some cast iron skillet pulled pork nachos...assemble it all and toss it in the oven for a few minutes to get it heated through then turn on the broiler. Comes out looking like a food blog and tastes amazing, while the pan keeps it warm for a bit if you don't burn yourself grabbing it.

With or without Cilantro?

With or without Cilantro?

I haven't done cilantro on that, but if I did I'd put it on after the oven or in the gauc. I don't know if cilantro would be weird with bbq sauce.

I also forgot about pulled pork poutine, there was a chain bbq place that used to do that. Just fries, cheese, and bbq sauce covered pulled pork. Served with the restaurant style squeeze bottles for adding more bbq or hot sauce on after...it gets messy and you need a fork. Really really good, but cancel your plans for the next hour or two. DO NOT go mountain biking directly afterwards :sick:...personal advice.

My bet: Ricky to MVP

I would really like to see what affect a big name would have on the MVP molding. I have had great experience with the MVP mids, but I've heard people gripe about them so much, and I assume it's because those people are better players. So, what would a top 10 golfer think of the MVP/Axiom mid line up and how would Chad respond?

Also, I think the overmolds discs are more photgenic and would pop on lead card

I would really like to see what affect a big name would have on the MVP molding. I have had great experience with the MVP mids, but I've heard people gripe about them so much, and I assume it's because those people are better players. So, what would a top 10 golfer think of the MVP/Axiom mid line up and how would Chad respond?

Also, I think the overmolds discs are more photgenic and would pop on lead card

Ricky doesn't throw all that many mids so I doubt it would change much. He throws a straight mid occasionally and MVP has a couple that would probably work. He throws an overstable putter way more often than any mid. Not sure if MVP has a putter overstable enough for him. Maybe a Particle would work (I haven't thrown one so no idea really).

Anyway, I just can't see MVP paying the kind of money it would take to get Ricky. They seem content to mostly get more grassroots growth or cheaper 2nd tier players like Dollar. I doubt Ricky would move without some real $$$ incentives.

Ricky is signing with Innova. It is a done deal, he just isnt going to make it official until end of the year. . .

Maybe a Particle would work (I haven't thrown one so no idea really).
I can talk to this. This past season I bagged both a Tournament Harp and a Neutron Particle. The way I describe it to people is that if you know what a Harp does (oh my god it's so overstable. . .), then a Particle is basically 0.6 Harps. It does what a Harp does, but not as much so.

For a more practical example, Harps fight HARD out of anhyzer for me on RHBH. They want to fade to the left, desperately so. A Particle, on the other hand, will fight out of an anhyzer, but not so immediately, so I can shape some tasty, tasty lines through dense trees with them.

edit: I imagine if Ricky was throwing Particles, they'd flip up to flat, have a little turn, go straight for a while, then finally dump at the end, all the while covering double the distance mere mortals throw them.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I preferred the banter over initials to the BBQ talk.
The first part of your statement is correct.

I've always been of the opinion that adding slaw is one way to ruin a perfectly good BBQ sammich.
This. I don't like slaw, but understand why people would. I just don't get throwing it on the sandwich. But I also don't like adding things to other sandwiches that I do like but are normally sides. The exception I make to this is mac and cheese or a fried egg on a burger.

Last edited: