• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 Disc Golf Goals

dbrodeanu

Bogey Member
Hello,

Well, I checked to see if something like this was made in the search function, but nothing did come up on my end, so I figured I'd make this thread. Though, nothing coming up on my end could also be due to my inability to ever use the search function on a website properly and get it to show me the results I want :wall:

Anyways, this thread is to write down some goals you have for the 2021 Disc Golf season and then look back and see what you have accomplished during this year with this sport. I feel like something like this will help motivate people into getting some goals out of the way in this sport, no matter how small they may be or seem.

Anyways, I suppose I should start this thread off with some of my 2021 goals.

1. Birdie all the holes at both Rockwood and Vance Park
2. Work on getting my disc golf bag organized the way I would like it to be
3. Practice at least 3 times a week
4. Sign up for PDGA and start at least one tournament later this year/next year
5. Enjoy the game

What are some of your goals for 2021?!

Cheers!

At this point my first goal is to just be able to play. I sprained the same ankle twice in January, so I missed out on winter and early spring rounds. My ankle was just getting to a point where I thought maybe I could play some rounds throwing standstill or very gentle run ups when I had unexpected gallbladder removal surgery. I am hoping to start with some field work in the next week or two and actually start playing some rounds after vacation in June.

So...

1. Play
2. Work on form enough so that I can hit 325ish BH and 250-275 FH (currently maxing at 275/225ish)
3. Maybe play my first sanctioned tournament
4. Play more rounds than last year (52)

Sanctioned event win; I got some league wins last year, and a second place so far this year.
Throw a 600ft forehand on flat ground. I got over 550 several times last year topping at 588. I think I can do it.
One goal was to get an ace, I did that in late January, so my first year with 2 aces is the next goal. Hopefully with a Stego.

Get some rounds in and enjoy them.

EUropean championship might still happen by the end of august. If not, i will not even train this year.

I am working on getting in shape overall. Lost 50 pounds last year. Now working on replacing the remaining fat with muscle mass. I ll start training for disc golf again when there are tournaments happening. In europe there are still no events. YOu can't even go outside Switzerland without two weeks quarantaine. There aint really a point in training for DG atm.

Flyguy2021 Goals.

2020 was a weird one for me. 2021 is starting off weird as well. But that being said, and with this thread be started. Thanks for that btw!

I broke my ankle in December 2019 and had surgery in June 2020. I was on the road to recovery but rebroke the same ankle in January 2021 and had surgery in March of 2021.

I am hoping to use DG as a form of PT since I have to give up my other passion, fly fishing, until 2022.

2021 Goals

1. Be able to walk at least 18 holes of DG with no pain.
2. Work on distance throws with a goal of 450 feet as a minimum.
3. Increase putting accuracy.
4. Meet other DG players in my local area (Aurora, CO)
5. Register for at least one PDGA tournament
6. Have a rockin' time hucking discs!

1) Get to 400ft consistently with backhand. Almost there already, like 380 right now and getting to 400 probably a little under half the time.

2) Get to 300ft forehand. Still quite far from this, like 250 max currently. Kind of a stretch goal, really, mostly just want to get more consistent with it.

3) Put 70% C1x in normal wind. Have been very up and down so far this year on this, but feeling really good recently. ie; played kinda bad today and still hit 65% C1x and made some circles edge putts. My bad days last year I'd be lucky to make a single putt outside of 15ft, much less hitting cage into C2.

4) Stay over 900 rated. Almost failed this on the first ratings update of the year when I dropped like 14 points, but looking good now. Rounds that I feel upset with are barely under 900 and when things are all working I can push 950 pretty easily. Last year 940ish was about my ceiling, so this one is definitely looking good. Stretch goal is to get up 920, next maybe get good enough to be kicked out intermediate. :p

5) Win an event in Intermediate. I won LVC in rec last year shooting like 35 points above my ratings and moved up after that. Won a one rounder last summer that didn't have much competition in intermediate, so hoping I can put something together at a more competitive event this year. But, I won't be upset if I don't get this as long as I'm playing good. So, the main goal, I guess, is really to just win the battle against my brain. haha.

6) Get to 100 courses played, stretch of 150, during my quest to play (almost) every course in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.

Last edited:
Same as the last two years. More casual rounds, less tournaments. I seem to be meeting that goal cause I haven't even renewed my Pdga membership yet. Can't justify the time and money spent on tournaments. Heck, we can't even get into them anymore.

Same as the last two years. More casual rounds, less tournaments. I seem to be meeting that goal cause I haven't even renewed my Pdga membership yet. Can't justify the time and money spent on tournaments. Heck, we can't even get into them anymore.

Sup Newton

My 2021 DG Goals
* Play 82 new courses to reach 400 (21 so far, up to 339)
* Play one new state (not yet)
* Two aces (got one so far; Hole #4 at Wendell Moore)
* Reach Diamond Trusted Reviewer on DGCR (need about 40 more unique voters — hint, hint — and a few more thumbs)

Oh, I just remembered one more goal I thought I added, but I must have forgot while writing this thread.

- Do a Putter Only round for the first round of 9 holes each time

I hear that really helps in the long-run, so I'd like to add that for the rest of the year in my games.

Currently gimping around with a hurt back, so my first goal is to get healthy. Then lose weight/add flexibility to reduce strain on back and legs.

DG wise:
  • Get back into a putting practice routine.
  • Help my 8 year old develop his backhand. His forehand has blown away adults for years, but I don't think it's great for his elbow.
  • Play new-to-me courses. Finally make the trip up to Highbridge.

Latest posts