• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Worlds Prediction(s)

Not a prediction, but I wouldn't mind seeing a 1010-1030 boy take it...Emerson Keith, Garrett Gurthie, Kyle Klein, Colton Montgomery, Andrew Marwede, Ezra. :D

Not a prediction, but I wouldn't mind seeing a 1010-1030 boy take it...Emerson Keith, Garrett Gurthie, Kyle Klein, Colton Montgomery, Andrew Marwede, Ezra. :D

When Tiger Woods was big I always wanted someone to beat him while Tiger was playing his best. The reason being that would be some awesome golf to watch.

So yeah I would like to see this.

How many of the top pros are going to get to Utah a week early now that the Beaver State Fling is cancelled? I'd think that could make a big deal in who performs well during Worlds...

...but without knowing that, I think Ricky and Paul (in that order, barely) are a class above everyone right now. If I could bet Ricky/Paul vs the field, I would take that bet any day.

Calvin/Dickerson and then Eagle make up my next tier. They played well last year and have started strongly this year, but I don't think they've been as consistently clutch/great as the others.

After that, it's anyone's guess. It would take a spectacular effort from someone below these five to win the title, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I've always been partial to James Conrad, so he'll be my emotional pull outside of Ricky.

On the women's side, I'm never going to count out Paige. She's earned the right in the women's field to be the favorite in every event she plays.

However, I think Catrina is the stronger player at this moment. Her past putting yips haven't seemed to be on display this year like in years past. We'll see how Paige comes back from her Hawaii sabbatical, but I think it will be another classic Catrina/Paige battle.

Hailey King is the clear 3rd horse, and in my mind the only other person who actually has a chance to win the event.

I think Kona winds up in 4th. She has as much throwing skill as anyone above her, but her consistency (especially in Circle 1) holds her back.

How many of the top pros are going to get to Utah a week early now that the Beaver State Fling is cancelled? I'd think that could make a big deal in who performs well during Worlds...

...but without knowing that, I think Ricky and Paul (in that order, barely) are a class above everyone right now. If I could bet Ricky/Paul vs the field, I would take that bet any day.

Calvin/Dickerson and then Eagle make up my next tier. They played well last year and have started strongly this year, but I don't think they've been as consistently clutch/great as the others.

After that, it's anyone's guess. It would take a spectacular effort from someone below these five to win the title, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I've always been partial to James Conrad, so he'll be my emotional pull outside of Ricky.

Looks like a lot of them are playing that Utah Open Pro Btier at Mulligan's the former BSF weekend.

I think Kona winds up in 4th. She has as much throwing skill as anyone above her, but her consistency (especially in Circle 1) holds her back.

I haven't seen Kona play that much, but has she always putted with that ninja anny style?

Looks like a lot of them are playing that Utah Open Pro Btier at Mulligan's the former BSF weekend.

I would expect most would be like this.

Most of these players are trying to make ends meet. An extra week of practice might move them up a few spots, but not likely to make up for an extra week of money going out and none coming in.

& since I'm here:

1 Wysocki
2 Mcbeth
3 Eagle

1 Cat
2 PP
3 Hokom

Which is a safer bet... McBeth to win or Anthon to take 2nd?

McBeth to win. For Anthon to get 2nd that means he has to at least beat Ricky or Paul. Not going to happen this year, those guys have been touring and living the grind this season and I just don't see anyone, Josh included, coming off the bench and beating them. If you're not out on tour nowadays at least half time you're not beating the entire 1050 crew at Worlds, that's a nope.

McBeth to win. For Anthon to get 2nd that means he has to at least beat Ricky or Paul. Not going to happen this year, those guys have been touring and living the grind this season and I just don't see anyone, Josh included, coming off the bench and beating them. If you're not out on tour nowadays at least half time you're not beating the entire 1050 crew at Worlds, that's a nope.
Was facetious.

He's not exactly coming off the bench. He played Memorial and is playing OTB this weekend, Masters Cup and the Utah Open(which is at the World courses) between now and then

3rounds at Dela will certainly get his body in shape lol

I got to go to Utah a few years ago and if I ever win big money I will have a house there.

I'm pulling for Ricky just because.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/47784

Ricky has been playing solid all year, but Paul wants to solidify being the 10 million dollar man. Otherwise the usual suspects are always in play. My top 5....

Paul McBeth, Ricky Wysocki, Calvin Heimburg, Eagle McMahon, James Conrad.

James is a wildcard, but he also needs to prove to his sponsor he can produce. If there ever was a time for James to showcase his skills and his new sponsor, this is it.

On the FPO side it pretty much comes down to Paige and how much she wants it. If she doesn't come out strong Hailey or Cat could take it down.

Paige Pierce, Hailey King, Catrina Allen, Heather Young, Kona Panis.

:popcorn:

Way to go "out on a limb" The four 1050+ players on the mens side (4 of the top 5) and 4 of the top 6 [not counting Europeans] on the women's side.

Like chalk???

Latest posts