• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 European Open July 21-24

Nikko just lost his mind on an official on Hole 18 after being called for a time violation. JUST WOW.

OO that Nikko call looked ugly, Nikko is going to have to pay for that. . .just bad for the sport.

Haven't seen it myself yet, but based on multiple people he ordered the official to stand back yet got in his face again himself. That kind of behavior needs to result in a DQ.

Anything less than a 2022/2023 suspension from DGPT would surprise me.

Him not getting DQ'd would be an absolute shock.

It was bad and he had a camera and a mic so i think this is going to be bad for Nikko. . and it should be

That would be a no-regrets instant DQ at any C-tier which I run. That kind of aggressive confrontation and bodily intimidation has no place in our sport. Anything less from the DGPT or the PDGA will be a massive disappointment to me.

Anything less than a 2022/2023 suspension from DGPT would surprise me.

Him not getting DQ'd would be an absolute shock.

No way Nikko wont be suspended after that. . they have it on film and they did show it in the brodcast. .

I think it warrants a DQ but probably not a suspension, although I wouldn't argue against it. Does anyone know if the same official was following the card the entire round or was that official just there on 18?

Locastro was penalized for excessive time, which means he was already warned previously if things went by the book.

Sure makes the livestream a lot more exciting. I wonder if they will include the incident in the post-produced coverage.

Sure makes the livestream a lot more exciting. I wonder if they will include the incident in the post-produced coverage.

Kind of surprised that they did show it at all. . not really good for the sport-

Total db way to handle it. If you broke a rule you were in the wrong, getting confrontational because you made a mistake yourself is just silly.

The official had his phone in hand, you'd assume he was using it to time the shot. My only hang up with stuff like this is are they being fair and timing all shots by all players? By no means am I trying to downplay Nikko's pace of play, but for the sake of fair competition if you are timing one player you need to be timing others as well.

Total db way to handle it. If you broke a rule you were in the wrong, getting confrontational because you made a mistake yourself is just silly.

The official had his phone in hand, you'd assume he was using it to time the shot. My only hang up with stuff like this is are they being fair and timing all shots by all players? By no means am I trying to downplay Nikko's pace of play, but for the sake of fair competition if you are timing one player you need to be timing others as well.

I'm wondering if he had a warning already which is why he specifically was getting timed. Taking a long time is his MO.

Dude needs to face consequences. He's already been a dick but this is beyond anything he's done on camera. Dave McCormack is his uncle so Gateway won't drop him, but he needs a DQ and suspension in my mind.

d!ck move stepping within a couple of inches of the official, then aggressively telling him to step back. Nikko is thoroughly unprofessional and way out of a lne here.

Sometimes Nikko being Nikko is good for the sport. Not this time.

Meh, baseball and hockey confrontations with umps and refs are 10xs worse. Nico should have gone full on Angry baseball manager and thrown stuff everywhere. If you're gonna do it, do it right!

Nikko gonna nikko...

Moving on. Eagle is killing it. I'm wondering what exactly happened with his shoulder when he dropped out a couple of months and now he's able to throw BH it appears unaffected (no RHFH though).

Timing all shots by all players would be impossible.
Everyone player probably goes over 30 seconds on a tricky shot once in awhile, but Nikko pushes 30 seconds for every putt.

Gannon Buhr is probably on the "watch" list too.

Latest posts