• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

32nd Annual Kansas City Wide Open - June 20-22

Look at Colten Montgomery fresh off winning the USADGC sitting in 14th!!

Colorado's got alot of players in the top 25!:clap::clap:

Played on McBeth's card this morning, he was really just playing consistent. Wyandotte County Park is fairly long, with a handful of Par 4s (and a Par 5), and some of the fairways are lined with OB. I would say that there is-

- 3 Short Par 3s (under 300 feet) that you really want to get at least 2 of.
- 5 Average Par 3s (400ish feet) that you want to try to birdie one of (or more, for a guy like Paul), but definitely have to avoid bogeying.
- 3 Longer Par 3s (450-500 feet) that you just have to par, although some of the top guys getting a few 2s.
- 6 Par 4s (500-700 feet) that are mostly pretty easy 3s for top open guys. The biggest issue is staying in bounds on them, and being able to get up and down from 300 feet. Only one of them is really tough to 3.
- 1 Par 5 (800 feet, island green). It's pretty easy to play safe here and get a 4, but guys like Paul want to 3 it.

Paul birdied all of the short 3s, parred all of the middle and long 4s, birdied 4/6 of the Par 4s, and took an Eagle 3 on the long Par 5. I was surprised that he didn't birdie any of the middle/long Par 3s, but he was just super consistent everywhere else.

I think McFly was out filming, but he didn't do our card. You'll get a better feel for the course then.

Paul birdied all of the short 3s, parred all of the middle and long 4s, birdied 4/6 of the Par 4s, and took an Eagle 3 on the long Par 5. I was surprised that he didn't birdie any of the middle/long Par 3s, but he was just super consistent everywhere else.
Just realized this is wrong, missed my edit window.

Paul birdied 2 of the middle length Par 3s.

Peter, first time you've played with Paul?

Peter, first time you've played with Paul?

Yep!

He was really cool to play with. Really nice guy who was plenty happy to chat during the round. At first I didn't want to bother him too much, but everyone loosened up pretty quick and we had a fun card.

Ehh, they have hole 1 listed as a Par 5 but it really is a 4. That's even what the signs at the course say.

Still, a 3 there is really big.

Can somebody link the live scoring. Stuck at a wedding and need something better to do.

McBeth shoots -10 today to take a 2 stroke lead on McCray and a 3 stroke lead on Ricky. Should be a good final round tomorrow.

swope gold tomorrow for the big boys.
my first tourny... but thats an evil course. good luck everyone, i'll be at water works w/ the chuckers...
will be out to watch finals.

Philo finally playing lead card caliber golf this year! Really like that dude. Exciting to see him doing well. It's tough though when most of the greats are playing in the same tourney.

Round is underway with the top three separated by 3 strokes. 4 strokes between third and the 6 players tied for 4th. Looks like its a battle to get into the final 9.

Mcbeast is back. :clap: :clap:

Has anyone watched round 2 yet???

Crying-Baby-001.jpg

Latest posts