• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] 4 of your favorite putters.

Levi615

What are your four favorite putters of all time they can be past or present. Mine list as gummy champion rhyno,stiff classic judge, sss wizard and last but not least RFF wizard. Pictures are encouraged on this thread.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390761237122.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390761237122.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 108
im not at my apt right now but bump for excitement to see peoples old beat 5+ year old putters

i will post once im home

Don't have a pic, but mine would be proton soft ion, classic soft judge, opto pure, and sss wizard.

I use a soft Magnet right now. I really like them.

I also like Rhynos, Mercies, and Medium VPs. But I only have the VP bagged with my Magnets.

Polecat and Omega SS get honorable mention.

The VP, and green, yellow, and orange Magnets are currently bagged, with the green just for putts.

Attachments

• 0126141359.jpg
    0126141359.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 102
I use a soft Magnet right now. I really like them.

I also like Rhynos, Mercies, and Medium VPs. But I only have the VP bagged with my Magnets.

Polecat and Omega SS get honorable mention.

The VP, and green, yellow, and orange Magnets are currently bagged, with the green just for putts.

I'm loving that golden rhyno you've got there.

Putters for putting or putters for putting, upshots, and driving?

This.
Regardless, I'll bite. SS Warlocks for putting in the circle, DX Aviar PnA's for long putts, approaches and touch shots, S Wizards for stable drives and a super duper beat Yeti Pro Aviar for max distance putter drives.

Sorry that mine don't look thrashed in pictures; I took magic eraser to them at some point and cleaned them up so they look a lot better in pictures than they do in person.

#4-Magnet (172g.) I was running an event in '95 or '96 and somebody was looking at this disc. I ended up setting it on the windowsill and forgetting about it. A couple of months later I noticed it all warped from the sunlight. I bought it out of guilt. The warp of the flight plate felt great in my hand. It was my go-to putter for several years.

Of course when I first started using it I hated it, so in the back it had this nice little picture:

#3-Wizard (medium 175g.) Still in my bag. Kinda thrashed now, but when I got picked it up it was the BEST DAMN WIZARD EVER! Stable as all get out, stiff but grippy. Great freaking disc. I wish I had bought a dozen of them.

# 2-Big Bead Aviar (DX 172g.) Still ends up in my bag from time to time; was in the bag full-time from about 1999-2012. The "Holy Mackerel" part is a completely different story.

#1-Aviar Putt and Approach (DX 172g.) Was in my bag from 1997-2009. It has some chunking off the shoulder and some cracking underneath, retired before it died a sad death. It was my Billy Baroo.

Current G9i - starting to soften a little and feels amazing.
d7ede46e-20a7-4c94-b89d-0fdf7ce17552_zpsc8f33bc8.jpg

85286b63-fdde-4a0e-9424-cdc94eb96670_zpscb83b249.jpg

Current bubblegum pink Opto Pure - over a year throwing it off the tee, and it still won't turn
c7955aa3-485c-427e-a10b-260680fdc268_zpse7ae4ce9.jpg

First Pro-D Zone - retired this year after three years of trustworthiness
d9fd3823-e06d-40f5-8d0e-3b6cd66108f3_zps6c18c9a9.jpg

First Classic Aviar - found it at Idlewild on 10 and used it until it cracked years ago. 1 of only 2 Aviars I ever bonded with
118bfd35-31fe-45af-957b-b3cbcbeb981d_zps0131e64f.jpg

Honorable mentions:
only other Classic Aviar that I enjoyed
Current Dan Howard Glo Z Zone - starting to lose a little too much LSS for my liking, but it's just so pretty
9e5b2bbf-4a5e-4f2f-86e9-9940162e248f_zps4ed3ece2.jpg

My favorite four (and the ones I carry):

ESP Zone (overstable drives, forehands, wind putts)
Opto Pure (stable driving, anhyzer and hyzers, upshots that slide/skip)
400s PA4 (understable driving, hyzerflip upshots)
Zero Medium Pure (putting, upshots that need to stick)

In reverse order:

4. My second putter, which was a gift from my wife, an Aerobie Arrow. It's still the best short-range FH putter there is.

3. Proton Soft Anode - used it for a while for upshots while my Ions beat in.

2. My very first disc. A white, worn, KC Aviar. I still have it, and for sentimental reasons, won't ever get rid of it.

1. My twin stormtrooper N Ions that I got when they were first released. They are perfectly, equally seasoned. I'll throw them until they can be thrown no more.

Beat 172 Stormtrooper neutron Anode- 2 aces with it
Floppy pink 175 4 chain magnet- was a great putter, i stupidly sold it
Black 175 SS Wizard- stamped from the first event i ever ran
Orange 167 dx avair- my first disc, given to me by a close friend and started all this :)

4. ESP Zone- I mean come on, its the best at what it does
3. E Wizard- great premo driving Wizard
2. SS Wizard- my throwing Wizard, awesome grip, great for most drives and ups
1. SS Wizard-putting Wizard, best SS plastic I've ever felt. Velvety and stiff.

Latest posts