• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] 400s pa4 near aces wont stay in the chains....

poppyjohn

I've had 5 near aces with my 400s pa4, all have hit just about dead center chains and end up getting spit out. Could just be my luck but has anyone else had similar results with the 400s plastic not sticking on potential aces?

Last edited:
aces are a crapshoot at best. using premium plastic doesn't exactly increase your chances. other factors include angle of attack, amount of spin, etc. but yeah. it's why i started driving with base plastic putters. i had several spit-throughs with my opto pure and RGL spike. 400 plastic isn't exactly "slick" per se, it sticks to the hand well, but chains are always a different story. need a different, more matte surface to catch better and generate more friction.

I've had 5 near aces with my 400s pa4, all have hit just about dead center chains and end up getting spit out. Could just be my luck but has anyone else had similar results with the 400s plastic not sticking on potential aces?

I have a 400s PA4 Ace. Must be you....:|

But really, near aces are great shots. Just enjoy the fact that you're hitting chains. They'll stick when you quit worrying about it!

yea just the fact that you hit chains is sweet. Do those putters come in base line plastic?

If it hits the pole it will bounce out. I have had one long birdie (about 100ft) and it hit the chains only. I've had two hit dead center only to bounce out about 5 ft from the basket.

Yes, they do come in the 300 series but they nick up quite fast so I'd probably use the 400s to drive with and the 300s to putt with.

I like how you are considering changing plastic based on tee shot that ends up in the middle of the chains and don't stick... Honestly, how often can that happen to even consider that a problem? You must be really good at this point to consider that this is the next step to help your game.
Considering that the flight characteristic of a baseline plastic putter will change rather quickly (compared to a premium plastic putter), my guess is that you should stick with what you got since you seem to control its flight pretty good.

the only person at the last tourny i played at putted with prodigy (only one ive seen) and his amount of spit outs on long putts was amazing

couldnt imagine from the teepad

but yeah it depends on many things. youll hit it eventually. there is a lot of factors of why it spits out. i had an ion spit out on an ace for me.

its just edging...for an ace haha

I like how you are considering changing plastic based on tee shot that ends up in the middle of the chains and don't stick... Honestly, how often can that happen to even consider that a problem? You must be really good at this point to consider that this is the next step to help your game.
Considering that the flight characteristic of a baseline plastic putter will change rather quickly (compared to a premium plastic putter), my guess is that you should stick with what you got since you seem to control its flight pretty good.

No need to get snarky, bro. It isn't a huge step for game and nobody ever said it was. I cycle wizards in base plastic now and it works very well for all facets, from putting to driving and approach. I don't seem to get robbed nearly as much anymore if I hit chains from farther away. That was definitely part of what influenced my decision. It started as an experiment and then other benefits were realized. Take that as you will, but don't spin it to make it sound like people think so much of themselves...there are many things that need to come together for a shot like that to stick. Why not maximize your odds when it finally does happen?

Last edited:
Hey guys, my giant dick gets in the way of throwing. How can I clean up my form? Also I have like 3 girlfriends. And I drive a Mustang, it can do like 120 easy. Halp.

No need to get snarky, bro. It isn't a huge step for game and nobody ever said it was. I cycle wizards in base plastic now and it works very well for all facets, from putting to driving and approach. I don't seem to get robbed nearly as much anymore if I hit chains from farther away. That was definitely part of what influenced my decision. It started as an experiment and then other benefits were realized. Take that as you will, but don't spin it to make it sound like people think so much of themselves...there are many things that need to come together for a shot like that to stick. Why not maximize your odds when it finally does happen?

Sorry you took it that way, bro.

Hey guys, my giant dick gets in the way of throwing. How can I clean up my form? Also I have like 3 girlfriends. And I drive a Mustang, it can do like 120 easy. Halp.

Holy **** thats funny!!! Just stumbled across this thread and was reading along when I came across your post . Lolol

Well my dad can beat up your dad and im taking my ball and going home.

i'd stay away from 360 power throws, you might take out any spectators.

I just got done playing. I had a shot with my F5 400s I blasted the chains, big splash but it fell out. Same hole on Monday, M3 400s I Aced it. I had a shot for birdie with my Pa4 today in 400 plastic, hit left and popped out. Honestly, ANY DISC, ANY PLASTIC can chain out. I've actually had the best luck with sticks with 400 Plastic....when warm weather...its gummy and grips chains...this cold makes the 400 plastic (and ALL plastic) stiff and slick and moisture due to the cold adds to chain outs.

**Bottom Line Sometimes the shot stick, other times it spits out. Good shots by you. Dont worry about it...its not the plastic. It's just what happens. ;)

I have an Ace with an M1. It was a downhill shot, around 290 feet I think and hit pretty much center. So it's not the plastic blend. It's just luck. I think someone on here said something akin to chainouts are awesome shots, aces are awesome shots that got lucky.

Latest posts