• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A new shot I've learned.

hyzerburn

Bogey Member
So I don't know what the shot is called but it is pretty much a thumber grip that you pulled across your chest backhand. Works pretty good for getting out of trouble where your regular backhand doesn't have room. Anyway, I don't know what it's called or if there is even a technical term for it.

Scooby shot? That is what peeps in Texas call it.

We goof around on the course with it. I showed a young lad how to throw it and he was throwing over 400ft in just a few shots. Thrown flat, it's just a backhand. I typically use it as a roller to get out of trouble.

According to the Scott Stokely Video's that's a grenade. As soon as it leaves your hand it imediately starts going vertical and when it gets vertical it drops straight down. Good for shorter shots going over trees when you don't want any left or right action like you'd get with an overhand throw.

According to the Scott Stokely Video's that's a grenade. As soon as it leaves your hand it imediately starts going vertical and when it gets vertical it drops straight down. Good for shorter shots going over trees when you don't want any left or right action like you'd get with an overhand throw.

May have to check out the vid, but I think I get the idea here - never tried that, but I have thrown upside- down in specific circumstances to get skip.

I tried something like that a few weeks ago. Only it was semi overhand, maybe a 40-50 degree angle (arm across the body). I was in a tree, left of it's trunk. and the basket was 20-30 ft around on the opposite side...CHING!!! WTF?!?!

From what I understand if it's in the air it's a grenade if you're trying to skip it or 'scoot' it on the top of the disc it's a scooby. I think most people use them synonymously though, as I've seen a guy through a grenade and call it a scooby.

yup. scoob=grenade=that shot.:thmbup:

anyone profecient with that shot? im good with aggressive thumber shots to about 200' and tommys to about 100' for get out of trouble stuff, but have a really hard time with early release (*snicker*) when i try the scoob.:\ might try it inside of 60' for get-out-of-trouble, but its a damn hard shot to get down.

That makes me wonder if this is what he is trying to describe. Didnt he just say he taught some kid to throw 400 plus with it? seems unlikely.

We goof around on the course with it. I showed a young lad how to throw it and he was throwing over 400ft in just a few shots. Thrown flat, it's just a backhand. I typically use it as a roller to get out of trouble.

That makes me wonder if this is what he is trying to describe. Didnt he just say he taught some kid to throw 400 plus with it? seems unlikely.

yeah imma have to call bs on that one.:\

biggest arms ive seen (500-600'+ club) can only get that out about 300' tops.

i think youre high, chrishysell.:thmbdown: