• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for New York state residents

I was thinking primarily of propery taxes. But State income tax, gasoline taxes, fees and a bunch of other painful punishments are there for the taking. Every State has its issues, but it is sad when my brother in rural NY pays more (double) property taxes for his small log cabin the woods than I do for my big house in a nice suburb. Sucks for him.

I went to SUNY Cortland too. Many years ago. Can you still get .25 pitchers downtown?? Probably not.

Where should I play in No. VA next weeK? I am going to MD for biz and think I may hit a course or two on the way back. Isn't there something good near Fredericksburg?

i wasnt sure about .25 pitchers, i only spent 1 semester at cortland for night grad classes and then drove home. cortland was closest place for me to go or i would not have gone their, im a Brockport man and they are our rivals

It's been about 20 years since I last drank beers in Cortland so my guess is everything is different. Brockport and Cortland rivals?? At what? Who can have the lowest SAT scores or who can chug the most brews?? Not much of a rivlary there.

rivals in sports.... only PE major state schools in ny

Aw don't feel bad - Australia only has 14 courses for the whole continent!

I want to see one at Letchworth State Park.

Also I agree about Parma. With signage and cement tee pads that course would be stellar. right now it is a hidden gem that you have to know to appreciate.

it is by far my favorite rochester course..good test and lotsa variation

I was thinking primarily of propery taxes. But State income tax, gasoline taxes, fees and a bunch of other painful punishments are there for the taking. Every State has its issues, but it is sad when my brother in rural NY pays more (double) property taxes for his small log cabin the woods than I do for my big house in a nice suburb. Sucks for him.

I went to SUNY Cortland too. Many years ago. Can you still get .25 pitchers downtown?? Probably not.

Where should I play in No. VA next weeK? I am going to MD for biz and think I may hit a course or two on the way back. Isn't there something good near Fredericksburg?

spotsylvania, va...the grange/loriella..give mike trepasso a call..or..there are some sweet ones in maryland...patapsco and seneca creek are worth seeing..

giles run in nova (10 minutes from interstate at most)
the grange or loriella in spotsylvania near fredericksburg (both about 10 from interstate)
hawk hollow further off the interstate in spotsylvania (about 35 minutes)
bryan park in richmond right off the interstate

So what us NY DGers are saying is this...Go buy your 2010 travel tags, and we'll see you in the new year to throw some plastic. First one to bitch about the cold buys the beers :)

\/\/

VA

Yeah, I have heard of the Grange. Thanks for the info. I have hit Seneca Creek and Patapasco before too, but I think I will be closer to Rockburn during the week so I think I will hit that if I have time. It's a cool course anyway. Plus I am better now than last time I played it, and want to see how much better I can shoot. Hopefully Spotsylvania on the way home.

I can definitely get to Rochester in 2010. Maybe Buffalo if I mix in some Lake Erie fishing and make it a long weekend. Fishing, discs, wings and beer. That sounds like a good trip in the making.

ok, true rent is generally lower, what about adding in cost of living (gas prices, heating cost, etc.) i lived near rochester (suny Brockport) and my rent was 400$ for a 1 bdrm now i live 5 blocks from the ocean and have a 2 bdrm for 750$. i take what i got now.

my 400 was at SUNY Brockport too, now we both live in the D.M.V.

Depends where in MD you re going to be. Rockburn is my wife's favorite. I like Bluemont VA eventhough it's only a 9. Giles run VA is a beast. Druid is 27 holes and is not bad.

Latest posts