• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A top 10 course your home course?

20 minutes down a very familiar road from Lake Casitas/Coyote Point. Nothing near as good anywhere nearby. Need to get to Santa Cruz again soon.

Milo McIver is still considered one of the best courses even though it's not in the top 10 and I live ~30 minutes from it and no, it doesn't get boring. It's such an awesome course.

I live 30 minutes from Idlewild and play there 10-15 times a year for casual rounds, plus a couple of tournaments.

Took a road trip to play Deer Lakes this year - played Knob Hill, Moraine, and Deer Lakes (all from the longest tees) on the same day. Brutal, but lots of fun.

Planning a trip to Flyboy and IDGC in February - can't wait!

I live half an hour from Horning's Hideout, Meadow Ridge. I believe it's rating is inflated, however, and I would not put it in the top 10. It's a good course, probably a solid 4 stars, but not 5.

I live about an Hour and fifteen minutes away from Flip City. Try to hit it up at least 2 or 3 times a year.

Ditto, I live about an hour and fifteen minutes south of flip city too. I play there about 5 times a year and usually camp there 2-3 times every summer too. I dont think you could ever get sick of flip city.

Don't know if any of these are "top tens", but I like where I am.

1 hour or less to; Jordan, Lehigh, Nockamixon, South Mountain, Tyler, Sedgley, etc, etc

Wow I'm shocked at the first page posters... if you live near great courses that are less (or about) an hour away what is stopping you from going? I regularly drive about an hour +/- to get to 3.5-4 rated courses just about every weekend. If I had only a 45 minute drive to a top-rated course I would def get there more than >5 times a year!

I'm 5 minutes from IIT, 15-30 minutes from Summit Park, 25-45 minutes from Lombard Commons & Madison Meadows, 45-60 minutes from the Joliet area courses, 60-75 minutes from Lemon Lake and Rogers Lakewood... none of these are near top rated with the best ones at aroun 4 disc rated...

I'm so jealous of you all who posted.

Wow I'm shocked at the first page posters... if you live near great courses that are less (or about) an hour away what is stopping you from going? I regularly drive about an hour +/- to get to 3.5-4 rated courses just about every weekend. If I had only a 45 minute drive to a top-rated course I would def get there more than >5 times a year!

I'm 5 minutes from IIT, 15-30 minutes from Summit Park, 25-45 minutes from Lombard Commons & Madison Meadows, 45-60 minutes from the Joliet area courses, 60-75 minutes from Lemon Lake and Rogers Lakewood... none of these are near top rated with the best ones at aroun 4 disc rated...

I'm so jealous of you all who posted.

Let them have it, ya bunch of spoiled addicts.:mad:;)

The closest "top" course I am near is Horseshoe Canyon Ranch, but it is almost 3 hrs from me. HCR has 10 reviews and is rated at 4.4. I think that makes it around #40 in the country with that criteria. I haven't gotten to it yet, but I really want to. The courses that are about 30 min away from me are good courses, but aren't anywhere near the top rated courses, although I think one of them is underrated.

I'm a buck forty five from flip. I made the trip 6 times this year and it was well worth it every time. Shore Acres is a 3 1/2-4 so I'm lucky to have a very good home course.
Biz
Team Bert

i am 2 minutes from hawk hollow which (if it had sufficient reviews) would currently fall just outside the top 10. i only manage to play it once every few weeks.

Don't know if any of these are "top tens", but I like where I am.

1 hour or less to; Jordan, Lehigh, Nockamixon, South Mountain, Tyler, Sedgley, etc, etc

Tyler used to be in the top ten. It's a little less than an hour from me. I've only played it twice because of all the other quality disc golf around me.

Way to go HH, glad to have a VA course in the running. I know they aren't all top 10 but i'm back and forth from Richmond to DC alot and between the two greater areas(DC gets you some MD courses) and the courses inbetween there is alot of good golfing to be had.