• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A top 10 course your home course?

Just happy there are 61 courses including a current and one former top 10 within 50 miles and 131 within 100 miles of home. Anyone outside MN top that? (zip code: 55077)

wow you guys are lazy. I live over four hours away from Blue Ribbon Pines and I've been there twice this year.

My home course (it's actually a two minutes away) is the top rated course in Canada.

Edit: Did I win? :hfive:

Last edited:
In the summer when I'm not up at college, I live 20 minutes from Beaver Ranch and play there at least twice a week.

Just happy there are 61 courses including a current and one former top 10 within 50 miles and 131 within 100 miles of home. Anyone outside MN top that? (zip code: 55077)

80 within 50 miles of me and 152 within 100 miles of zip code 60626, but only one within a half hour drive and that costs $10 to play on a ball golf course.

According to my search it was 76 and 129 for zip 60626 (looking at the specific mileage listed) but that still means great progress in that area since I last looked.

17 miles from Horning's Hideout (play 5-15 times a month. mostly the canyon and Highlands course, Not up to Meadow Ridge yet)
23 miles from Milo McIver (play about 10 times a year)
9 miles from Pier park (play about 25 times a year)
.25 miles from Portland lunchtime DGC only 2.5 stars but play it alot....

Hippy007

Its only 13 hours away or so to the nearest top ten course. So no.
Shoot. I have a 9 hole in town I play a ton. But I drive an hour 15 minutes out of town to play just a couple other low level courses at least a couple times a month. I want to personally slap everyone that lives so close to these great courses and doesnt go.

alright mot my home course, but I'm only a few hours from whistlers and hornings and wish I were closer. But there are quality courses around here that I am grateful of and will miss.

i used to live an hour from flyboy :(

i live about 30 from bud hill (not yet in the top 10 ;))

DON'T BE A LAZY ASS CLOWN, GET IN THE CAR WITH SOME BUDS AND DRIVE AN HOUR ONCE A WEEK!!!

I live in Wisconsin right on the boarder of Minnesota and played Blue Ribbon 10 plus times this year. This whole area has some much to offer and I feel lucky to have so many quality course near me.

I am planing on going to highbridge next summer its only 2.5 hours from me and that should be a blast.

Another great course that I got to play a few times this year is Bryant Lake it has been in the top ten in the past but isn't right now.

I haven't played many states but from the blogs I have read Minnesota & Wisconsin are the place to be, its good to be me.

Last edited:
Perhaps Bro Dave or Discjunkie will correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Castle Hayne in the top 10? ...once upon a time?

If so, then Castle Hayne is a two hour drive for me. It's 110 miles. One way. I'm due for a return trip!

Heck, I'm an hour from anything playable. (Elk Creek) An hour and a half from the new course at Liberty University. A half hour from The Monster at Fighting Green, (but I hate it), and I work 5 minutes from Lancer Park in Farmville but it's not up to par yet. I usually drive the hour to EC or Liberty U.

I think it's awesome that I even know about all of these courses. I know the PDGA has a setup but this site tells me what courses I should look into when going to a certain area. Gotta love this site!

But seriously, I'm sure they're all nice, but if we had a top 100 list, I'm sure even the courses in the 80-100 range would be just as nice. There's no need to worship the ones in the Top 10 that are spoiled and over-reviewed due to having prominent space on the home page.

I really think the top 10 list should be expanded to the top 25 or so on the home page to get attention to more excellent courses. At the bottom of the list there could even be a link to see the top 100 or something.

Less than 2 miles from Lincoln Ridge. I play it a couple times a week and it never gets old. Now that it's getting colder the traffic has died down and it's very nice to have the entire place to myself.

I also live about 15 minutes from Idlewild, but I don't go there and take a beating too often.