• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

? about jump putt.

I'll agree that trying to force an actual jump isn't necessary. What you want to do is to maximize your weight shift while not worrying about falling forward. If that means jumping then that's fine, but many people, myself included, do worse if they force a jump. Many times just stepping through will give better results. Either way, learning to transfer your weight hard enough to force a falling putt without screwing anything else up is probably a good idea assuming you have solid putting technique to begin with.
I wanted to define a jump putt then read this and think you explained it well. I've fallen forward after a putt before, it doesn't happen often. But never saw a need or reason to jump.
Yes, yes.. if it comes naturally on long putts, use it. Don't conciously jump. That would be dumb.
Eggsactly.

I'm old, I throw about 320+ but can putt accurately with my regular putting motion at 100 ft. Never jump putt, it does no good and you don't need it.

it's just a preference, I don't feel like I can run at the chains AND have a short come back shot with my backhand throw. I can jump/loft putt and have a run at the chains and only leave a 10-15 foot come back putt.

Latest posts