• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AHHHH LEAGUE PLAYERS!

Look, it's first come first serve.

You get there after a group of other folks who have every right to enjoy the park then just wait your damn turn or go somewhere else.

Look, it's first come first serve.

You get there after a group of other folks who have every right to enjoy the park then just wait your damn turn or go somewhere else.

^ That sounds kinda b!tchy

What if your group is playing slower that me (solo) or my smaller group, especially when there are open holes directly in front of your group?

Do I still have to wait my "damn turn or go somewhere else"?

Isn't there a bit of etiquette that comes into play?

Is that bit of etiquette dropped for the evening because a group decides to take over the course under the guise of league play?

Sure, if there is an open hole in front and maybe you're playing solo, perhaps you get to jump.

But if I've got 4 guys in my group and you've got a few your group, just the fact that we are playing a bit slower does not grant you the right, etiquette my ass, to play ahead.

Sure, if there is an open hole in front and maybe you're playing solo, perhaps you get to jump.

But if I've got 4 guys in my group and you've got a few your group, just the fact that we are playing a bit slower does not grant you the right, etiquette my ass, to play ahead.

It depends. If they look just slightly faster or the same then probably not. Depends if holes are open in front of course. If they clearly are waiting on your group for a few holes let them through.

We usually play as a 3 some and play pretty quick. 54 holes takes 3 1/2 hours. I've seen some groups take that long for one round before!

:doh:

You seem to be the type that gives both DG and leagues in particular a very bad reputation.

I can't believe leagues are getting so much hate. We run 2 weekly handicapped am leagues which are specifically for new players. We also have a couple normal pro/am club monthly's for the traditional player. Someone said that casual golfers do more course work than leagues (assuming this includes the club too)...that's crazy!! I recommend any new player or casual golfer try participating with an open mind. There are DBags in every organization but there are also a lot of great and motivated disc golfers in organized disc golf functions.

I can't believe leagues are getting so much hate.
I don't think they are, I think it's just haters hating on leagues. :D

I like leagues but unless they are drawing 72 players, or close to it, a week then they need to be aware of the casual players. That doesn't mean casual players can play thru without proper manners or be a dbag about it.

I don't think they are, I think it's just haters hating on leagues. :D

I like leagues but unless they are drawing 72 players, or close to it, a week then they need to be aware of the casual players. That doesn't mean casual players can play thru without proper manners or be a dbag about it.
We had casuals yesterday on our course during an Ace Race. I told them I was sorry but people were going to throw at them from all over and it wasn't safe to be out there until we were done. I got the whole "this is a public park I can do what I want" attitude, but I didn't back down and they eventually went away. I'm sure they have told somebody about the dbag at the disc golf course by now.

It depends on your perspective, I guess.

We had casuals yesterday on our course during an Ace Race. I told them I was sorry but people were going to throw at them from all over and it wasn't safe to be out there until we were done. I got the whole "this is a public park I can do what I want" attitude, but I didn't back down and they eventually went away. I'm sure they have told somebody about the dbag at the disc golf course by now.

This is different than a random draw, best throw, doubles league.

Really, the only time there is a problem is when we all forget to treat others well.

Last edited:
If there is an event going on, or league, I avoid it like the plague. Nothing messes with my mind as much as being rushed, or feeling like I'm in the way of something more important than my casual round. I tried to play during league one night (the guys said I could throw through) and I ended up feeling so nervous and rushed that I quit after two holes. :|

Not hating on leagues at all, just those that feel a sense of entitlement because they are playing in a league.

In reality, like everything else in life...it's a two-way street. Casuals and leaguers both need to be respectful and mindful.

This is different than a random draw, best throw, doubles league.

Really, the only time there is a problem is when we all forget to treat others well.

Correct, for an ace race the course should be closed just like a PDGA tournament but that's not always possible.

This summer at Mt Airy casuals were showing up while a PDGA event was going on. There's a pro shop there and they do not want to alienate casual players. The tourney was only about 45 people so there were open holes.
The way we handled that was to explain to all the casuals what was going on, that the people playing in the tourney paid $50 a piece to play and were serious about it so please don't expect to play thru or play fast. But that we couldn't stop them from playing.
Maybe we were lucky but every casual that came along that day understood, most left and the rest played a slow round of golf.

It sounds wrong but there is a lot of reality to it. Im not implying that only the party can have fun. It takes effort by both the party and the outsider to get along.

Exactly, it is just ruined by minority of people in both groups.

This can't be the norm. I've never played in league, just casual rounds. One of the courses I frequent has a Wed night league, and one night when I was getting some rounds in before softball, I was asked by a total stranger if I'd like to stay and play in league. Maybe they just wanted to take my cash, but nobody was giving me the squirrely eye or treating me like some random idiot.

Is it a regional thing? Maybe a course specific thing? Or is it just insecure asswipes assuming anybody that throws better than them must be pricks? I've never seen it personally.

This can't be the norm. I've never played in league, just casual rounds. One of the courses I frequent has a Wed night league, and one night when I was getting some rounds in before softball, I was asked by a total stranger if I'd like to stay and play in league. Maybe they just wanted to take my cash, but nobody was giving me the squirrely eye or treating me like some random idiot.

Is it a regional thing? Maybe a course specific thing? Or is it just insecure asswipes assuming anybody that throws better than them must be pricks? I've never seen it personally.

I've yet to encounter these sort of situations either. I don't play leagues or tourneys but whenever i play through guys during leagues or tags they've always been considerate and usually ask me to play along.

Well when you are a legend they let you play through. :D

Most of the time though they will ask me to play with them. Usually because I am always giving pointers on what routes to take,what would be the best thing to throw at this hole,etc.

Or it could be because I am just nutz. :gross: