• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

Just got my Proline Aftershock today in the mail, took it to the field and it's going straight in the bag. I've been looking for this disc for years. When given enough height it just glide and fades for days. Perfect compliment to a my Squall.

Two questions:

1) It says First Flight on the stamp, what does that mean?

2) How does the Shockwave compare?
For reference I was throwing the Aftershock about 300' with slight hyzer for flat flip and smooth fade. Squall is the same expect straight to turnover depending on wind and hyzer angle. I can only throw my Drone about 250' tops.

1)First flight = first run. Don't worry, it's not worth anything so throw with reckless abandon!

2)Try an SP Aftershock, it should be a little more overstable than your proline. I'm pretty sure Shockwave are OOP, and there is a reason they are not very popular.

Breaker has quite a bit of glide. Especially the pro line plastic. I think you will be happy

2) How does the Shockwave compare?
For reference I was throwing the Aftershock about 300' with slight hyzer for flat flip and smooth fade. Squall is the same expect straight to turnover depending on wind and hyzer angle. I can only throw my Drone about 250' tops.
Shockwave is supposed to be more overstable I think, I can't remember b/c originally these two were switched around.
Also I think the Breaker is going to make the bag. I hope it's not Zone stable. I need a slightly stable approach disc. I've been using the Envy and I like the lines I can put it on but it just doesn't hold up in the wind like I need it too. I've been looking for a premium plastic approach disc to sit between my putter and Zone and I'm hoping the Breaker is the answer.
This is the droid you're looking for. They have good HSS and LSS but really manageable, not as OS crazy as a Zone.

I have 2 Proline Shockwaves and they are super beef. I almost never throw them because they are not great in the wind for me.

I found a perfect Tsunami over the weekend its an older one. It has a high plains 2005 stamp on it. But its awesome. Throw it flat it annys for about 325-350 and then softly comes back. I have thrown many of the older ones is this common or and I SOL when this one runs away?

Tsunamis are great when they get seasoned into their sweet spot. They laser and hook up real late. I prefer the lightest Prolines, b/c they get to the sweet spot fastest. It takes a bunch of abuse to get a Tsumani to develop any turn, but I have a super used one that almost flies like an Undertow or Monarch.

I've probably owned 20, and they've all flown how they should. I even have a 1st run SP Tsunami with the old Proline stamp, and it flies just like the newest SPs.

Thanks Declarkus

I was worried that I found a rare thing. I will have to buy some more and start working them in.

2015 was a great year for DGA. The 1st run of Steadys flew off the shelves, and the Hellfire was a pleasant surprise. DGA also released the Midnight Flyer #2, the Breaker, and the Hurricane #3 with the plan to release one every year as a Memorial fundraiser. I'm happy DGA has continued to diversify their lineup, and while I'd love to see more, I prefer their slow, deliberate pace over the newly popular mold of the month strategy.

As for my bag in 2015, I dropped my Aftershocks, Rogue, Reefs and SP/Glow Undertows, and I added a SP Hurricane, Glow Squall, Glow Breaker, PL Shockwave, PL Hellfire and a PL Undertow for rollers. I've also decided not to use D Titanics anymore in favor of the more durable Prolines. For 2016, I'm gonna try dropping the Shockwave and Drone and just use my Breaker, Tsunami and Hellfire for OS shots.

I'm thinking of dropping kc aviars in favor of the titanic. I like moderately over stable putters with glide and deep dish style, the more the better, for putting. Thoughts?

The Hellfire is a great disc, I just wish the SPs were easier to come across. I had one, a 167 that was nice and gummy and just as OS as a 175 PL.

I'm thinking of dropping kc aviars in favor of the titanic. I like moderately over stable putters with glide and deep dish style, the more the better, for putting. Thoughts?

They fly very similar, and the D-Line blend feels pretty much the same as KC both in grip and stiffness. The biggest benefit of making the switch is the Proline Titanics are super durable, so you can feel comfortable using it off the tee and thru the woods, and not worry about it losing its OS as fast.

The Hellfire is a great disc, I just wish the SPs were easier to come across. I had one, a 167 that was nice and gummy and just as OS as a 175 PL.

Yeah my PL 1st run and SP Ledgestone Hellfires are the same weight and about the same OS with a slight edge going to the SP. Gold PL are supposedly the beefiest but my green one is FAF and plenty beefy for me. I'm bagging my PL to see how it seasons.

BTW MSt has them for like $10 right now.

They fly very similar, and the D-Line blend feels pretty much the same as KC both in grip and stiffness. The biggest benefit of making the switch is the Proline Titanics are super durable, so you can feel comfortable using it off the tee and thru the woods, and not worry about it losing its OS as fast.

Thank you, kind sir. That makes the decision for me. I like star aviar drivers, but if memory serves me right, the titanic is even deeper than an aviar for putts. I'm all about fingertip spring on my putts so the deeper the dish, the better. I'm sure I'll adapt to it for driving. Trying to simplify the bag a bit.

Thank you, kind sir. That makes the decision for me. I like star aviar drivers, but if memory serves me right, the titanic is even deeper than an aviar for putts. I'm all about fingertip spring on my putts so the deeper the dish, the better. I'm sure I'll adapt to it for driving. Trying to simplify the bag a bit.

Get back to us on the glide. IME, significant drop off from D Magnet and D-line Titanic to Proline Titanic. Proline is durable as hell though.

I would agree that a Magnet has more glide than a Titanic, but I've seasoned a couple D-Lines and a Proline into Magnet stability and glide, so I think it's mostly due to the added height and OS. Prolines have slightly less glide than D-Lines, but I wouldn't call it significant.

But as far as a transition from KC Aviars to Titanics, it should be pretty smooth. They're easy to power grip and they take power well. Based on my limited experience with KC Aviars, I'd say a 170g-172g KC will fly most like a 175g D-Line and a 168g-170g Proline.

Honestly it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I think I could use them to putt and drive with, seasoning one into more of a polecat flight due to that super deep dish and blunt nose.

I putt and drive 167--171 weight putters (and other discs in general) unless I'm throwing a polecat, which is always max weight.

Last edited:
The difference in glide is significant, but maybe that changes after Prolines get beat up some. On approach, the Proline Titanic consistently comes up short of Pro D Magnet and D-line Titanic. Not due to any fade either, that can easily be manipulated.

I've thrown all 3 of them together on dozens of approach shots at a field, multiple times...trying to see if I could go with the more durable Proline Titanic as a throwing putter. Nope.

It's the plastic, IMO. The fact that the Proline Titanic molds up taller could also be a factor, like you said.

Honestly it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I think I could use them to putt and drive with, seasoning one into more of a polecat flight due to that super deep dish.

I putt and drive 167--171 weight putters (and other discs in general) unless I'm throwing a polecat, which is always max weight.

Dude, the Titanic is about as un-Polecat like as it gets. This is a tall and deep putter, and not a dead straight flyer like the Polecat...a little turn, a little fade.

Latest posts