• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

:( not even if I season up a premium one? Oh well, we'll see. At the very least it could replace my kc aviars. I haven't tried a new disc in a while and I'm jonesin'. Worst case scenario, I have fun and try new plastic.

:( not even if I season up a premium one? Oh well, we'll see. At the very least it could replace my kc aviars. I haven't tried a new disc in a while and I'm jonesin'. Worst case scenario, I have fun and try new plastic.

Give it a try, and Proline will get seasoned at some point. It could replace Aviar, sure. If you can find both D Magnet and Proline Titanic at a store, you'll see how much fatter the Titanic is. Both will be flat topped, even slightly concave, but the Titanic has a pronounced shoulder compared to the Magnet...which I think slows down flight and adversely affects glide. JMO.

The only thing close to Polecat from DC/DGA is an X Putt'r, Rattler, APX/Reef and I guess Zeppelin.

APX/Reef is pretty fun though if you've never tried one.

I'm loving my new 2016 DGA bag setup. The Breaker is getting a bunch of use, and I'm back to loving the Aftershock. I'm now bagging 5 Squalls, and I've been bombing my Glow Hurricane. My PL Hellfire has worked well as a flex approach/get out of jail option, but it's broken in to fly pretty straight at full power, so I've added a SP for super beef.

2 Questions:

- DGA is selling the Sail on their discgolf.com online store. Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere else yet?

- I just won 2 "Limited Edition Flex Line" Squalls off eBay. I'll report back about feel and flight once they arrive, but I wanted to see if anyone knew more about them. How many were made? Were they made for a fundraiser or just because? Are there other "LE Flex Line" DGA molds out there?

I have been rocking the Aftershock for a bit and I am curious about the Squall. Is there much difference in flight in the different plastics between the Squall and Aftershock?

I am wondering if I could cover my shots with one or the other.

The flex line squalls are pretty limited, but I'm seeing them pop up more and more. Even saw a couple at the memorial. They're understable and glidey. More right turn than sparkles and prolines. I'm not a big endorser of the squall mold, buuuuttt...flex lines went directly in my bag after a couple test throws. They're awesome woods discs!

I have been rocking the Aftershock for a bit and I am curious about the Squall. Is there much difference in flight in the different plastics between the Squall and Aftershock?

Squall and Aftershock are probably #1&2 on my list for one disc rounds. They both beat into straight line shapers. They both develop turn, but the Squall keeps its fade longer, which gives it more versatility powered down. Having said that, I've recently gone back to the Aftershock after a year of trying to cover my shots with the Squall.

As far as plastics,
Aftershock: SPs are the beefiest, new D-Lines are borderline understable, but the old basket stamp D-Lines start out just like PLs.
Squall: SPs take power better, but actually have less fade than PLs, and Glow Squalls have the least turn and fade. D-Line Squalls start out like PLs.

The flex line squalls are pretty limited, but I'm seeing them pop up more and more. Even saw a couple at the memorial. They're understable and glidey. More right turn than sparkles and prolines. I'm not a big endorser of the squall mold, buuuuttt...flex lines went directly in my bag after a couple test throws. They're awesome woods discs!

An all-weather seasoned PL out of the box? This is unexpected and awesome. I'm already pumped about this weekend's test flight.

I'm loving my new 2016 DGA bag setup. The Breaker is getting a bunch of use, and I'm back to loving the Aftershock. I'm now bagging 5 Squalls, and I've been bombing my Glow Hurricane. My PL Hellfire has worked well as a flex approach/get out of jail option, but it's broken in to fly pretty straight at full power, so I've added a SP for super beef.

2 Questions:

- DGA is selling the Sail on their discgolf.com online store. Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere else yet?

- I just won 2 "Limited Edition Flex Line" Squalls off eBay. I'll report back about feel and flight once they arrive, but I wanted to see if anyone knew more about them. How many were made? Were they made for a fundraiser or just because? Are there other "LE Flex Line" DGA molds out there?

I knew it was you, you stinker.

I love the

D steady, awesome big bead but low profile extra straight flying putter

proline breaker, amazing low profile overstable putter in grippy plastic.

SP squall, crazy durable very clear sparkling plastic and the most amazing "midrange". Imagine a midrange that's almost too easy to throw lazer beam straight and extra far, but still shorter than your seasoned champ teebird. One of the most overlooked easily-through-the-trees discs ever designed. Most people would prefer this disc to every straight flying midrange they have ever thrown.

SP and Proline Tsunami, basically a PD or longer, much glidier firebird which is awesome because you can get it in proline which is the perfect grippy cycling plastic. Not quite as durable as star and more grippy.

Hellfire, faster firebird OR slightly slower xcal/force. Not a useless FAF firebird, more like a usable Xcal. If you like really overstable drivers then...duh

SP Rogue, it's that perfectly beat lazer straight glidey wraith/orc every single time, in crazy durable clear sparkling plastic. Not that wraith you bought to fly straight but turns out it's basically a glideless overstable destroyer. The best power max distance roller in the game if you have a big arm.

SP and Proline hurricane, The hurricane is just a longer glidier force, but dang are they overstable when new! Not like a nasty force or Xcal, like that perfectly overstable destroyer that you can trust to throw hard even in a 15mph headwind. The SP stays overstable forever, the 1000 FLX sP out there are meathooks with -the grippiest- plastic, and the Proline is my favorite because they're the perfect cycling driver. Has a mega comfortable rim, NOT too wide or sharp. If you have a big arm you'll absolutely crush these.

SP Torrent, if you can't throw really fast this is THE glidiest, FARTHEST flying driver you can buy, literally. Easy to throw straight and as far as possible from a slight hyzer.

I just picked up a Steady putter and I love it so far. The slight puddle top feels good in hand, it's not too deep, and it's nice and stable for putting. Hopefully it works out, for some reason, I just really like the mold!

IMO the squall is a little less stable and longer out the box. both are great mold that beat well as others have said. Give the squall a try I love them.

DGA has been killing it with new runs of plastic lately! Maybe I'll post up some pics of some new stuff I've got. Btw...new proline aftershocks are flying right between wasps and buzzz's.

Any difference in shape of the new Breakers compared to the First Flights? I felt up a SP Flex Breaker and want one sorely.

I have one new stamp Hurricane that looks and flies like the First Flight.

I don't really think the profile is any different, but...stickier plastic definitely gives them a better hand feel.

Thank you! Had some pretty meh middle rounds, but never expected fountain to treat me so well my first time there!

Latest posts