• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

I found star firebirds much more workable then FAF champs. I agree it's between the star plastics for the least overstable premium plastic. And then I'd say it'll still take you a year of much use in a wooded course to pick up 30 extra ft in glide and any noticeable stability changes.

There is nothing better than a Firebird with a season of "experience" beneath its wings.

I found star firebirds much more workable then FAF champs. I agree it's between the star plastics for the least overstable premium plastic. And then I'd say it'll still take you a year of much use in a wooded course to pick up 30 extra ft in glide and any noticeable stability changes.

Star Firebirds are where it's at. Unless you've got 450-500+ distance, I don't see what use those beefmonster FAFs would have.

Star Firebirds are where it's at. Unless you've got 450-500+ distance, I don't see what use those beefmonster FAFs would have.

well you dont use them for distance.. you use them for utility shots.. spikes, etc

You can use Firechickens for anything! I've got a new beefy glow, a seasoned champ 12x and a G* that are all awesome in different ways.

G-Star Firebird was getting the job done for me today in the snow. Really hit the perfect lines on a few holes.

In other news, I need an overstable disc that doesn't skip for one particular hole. Flew way past the basket after a monster skip.

well you dont use them for distance.. you use them for utility shots.. spikes, etc

Well, yeah. But those faf champs are so OS I feel like most people would be better off with a Star or domey champ for those utility shots.

Just personal opinion.

Well, yeah. But those faf champs are so OS I feel like most people would be better off with a Star or domey champ for those utility shots.

Just personal opinion.

yeah most people would be, you're right.

There really is something awesome about a disc that you can throw as hard as you want and it still fades fast.

I finally found a home for "the" most OS fb imaginable in a buddy of mine with a 550' arm that I don't run into very often. Stiff, faf champ at 176g. I know that feeling when you get a hard to find disc that more than suits your game. It was the same run that he was throwing at 170g, even the same color disc and stamp.

:clap:

If anyone has a pink PFN (S-FB) Firebird in the 166g - 170g range, I'd love to talk to you.

Left mine on the course the other night. :(

They are better for thumbers at the very least. I also use mine as a chip shot disc, similar to how I see other people use a Drone or Buzz OS or something like that.

Yep, it's nothing like my Shock. You guys were right. I need to throw it a bit more to decide if it'll make it in my bag permanently.

what exactly are iso firebirds? I've heard iso in relation to a couple discs.

Latest posts