• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

That was fast. Just got the two '18 seabirds I ordered in today. Haven't thrown it, but the stiffness and flatness remind feel very similar to the '17s.

Played a couple rounds yesterday in sustained 20 mph winds. Been digging the L 64 Spark as an OS fairway wind fighter and decided to take my champ glow FB out of the bag.

The FB is now back in the bag. The Spark is staying too.

Currently in a heated debate between the Firebird and Ahti in my bag. Too similar for both, both are great...

What I've been reading is that they're slightly less stable than the 16's. Lean beef. The 17s were kind of that way, too.

18 Sexton left, 15 Sexton right

Attachments

• C76B014E-870C-46A7-8652-087EC754D930.jpg
    C76B014E-870C-46A7-8652-087EC754D930.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 140
I got two 18s earlier this week and finally got to throw one of them (the other is so pretty, I don't know if can throw it). The only other Firebirds I own and have thrown are a few 17 Sextons I have (I was a Predator thrower for many years). I got some good throws in with the 18 side by side with 2 slightly beat 17s, and the 18 is definitely straighter. When thrown hard I get a slight turn out of it and it doesn't dump as hard as the 17s. From my understanding, this 17 is somewhat understable and glidey for a Firebird, reminds me of a newish z Predator, which I like.

I got two 18s earlier this week and finally got to throw one of them (the other is so pretty, I don't know if can throw it). The only other Firebirds I own and have thrown are a few 17 Sextons I have (I was a Predator thrower for many years). I got some good throws in with the 18 side by side with 2 slightly beat 17s, and the 18 is definitely straighter. When thrown hard I get a slight turn out of it and it doesn't dump as hard as the 17s. From my understanding, this 17 is somewhat understable and glidey for a Firebird, reminds me of a newish z Predator, which I like.

Straighter than the 17's!? Wow, that's surprising. I've thrown Thunderbirds that are more overstable than the 17's.

Straighter than the 17's!? Wow, that's surprising. I've thrown Thunderbirds that are more overstable than the 17's.

Yes, I got to throw my 18 against my slightly beat 17s some more this past weekend and the 18 I have is easily longer and straighter than my 17s. I actually like it quite a bit, but if you're looking for something beefy, this definitely isn't the disc for you.

I bag 2 firebirds a fairly beat in PFN star firebird and '15 Sexton which I have bagged for several years but is still pretty stable for me although it is starting to turn some into 20+mph headwinds. I have thrown one of my '17 Sexton and this weekend I threw one of my '18 Sextons. Like most people I found the '17 Sexton to be less OS than my '15 Sexton. The '18 Sexton I threw was defnitely more stable than the the '17 Sexton, but I haven't been able to throw it into 20+ headwinds yet. It seems comparable to my '15 right now, but I can't remember how it would compare to new one side-by-side. It seems very similar. I was able to throw the '18 into a 10-15 mph headwind and it was very stable. I did find the '18 Sexton to be a little longer 20-30 ft than I am getting with my other firebirds, which is really nice. I am planning to bag the '18 Sexton for the time being.

My 17 is very flat and very beef.
I have a few that are very flat as well, but I would not say they are beefy by any means. Not to say yours isn't, but every one I've thrown has been pretty mellow for a firebird. I don't have a big arm either. Not to say I don't like them. They are amazing, and I've used them way more than I expected because of the more mellow flight.

Yes, I got to throw my 18 against my slightly beat 17s some more this past weekend and the 18 I have is easily longer and straighter than my 17s. I actually like it quite a bit, but if you're looking for something beefy, this definitely isn't the disc for you.

I bag 2 firebirds a fairly beat in PFN star firebird and '15 Sexton which I have bagged for several years but is still pretty stable for me although it is starting to turn some into 20+mph headwinds. I have thrown one of my '17 Sexton and this weekend I threw one of my '18 Sextons. Like most people I found the '17 Sexton to be less OS than my '15 Sexton. The '18 Sexton I threw was defnitely more stable than the the '17 Sexton, but I haven't been able to throw it into 20+ headwinds yet. It seems comparable to my '15 right now, but I can't remember how it would compare to new one side-by-side. It seems very similar. I was able to throw the '18 into a 10-15 mph headwind and it was very stable. I did find the '18 Sexton to be a little longer 20-30 ft than I am getting with my other firebirds, which is really nice. I am planning to bag the '18 Sexton for the time being.

Hmm, seems like it's just gonna depend on the particular disc you get. Either way, I'l probably grab a few when the rush dies down. Have these been in stock recently? I haven't really been looking lately.

Innova Factory Store has lots of Sexton Firebirds up. I always want forum members to get them before/as opposed to flippers.

XXL dx stamp firebird

How many of these were produced? I just saw 2 of these posted recently on ebay after looking for over a year. I started with 2 but left one behind at LaMirada and never got a call back. So far it's the only 2 ive seen in California, or even in person. (2nd photo) is the one I'm missing. Just in case anyone sees it in their friends bag or online PLEASE contact me

Attachments

• _20180320_022153.JPG
    _20180320_022153.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 49
  • _20180320_022656.JPG
    _20180320_022656.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 39
How many of these were produced? I just saw 2 of these posted recently on ebay after looking for over a year. I started with 2 but left one behind at LaMirada and never got a call back. So far it's the only 2 ive seen in California, or even in person. (2nd photo) is the one I'm missing. Just in case anyone sees it in their friends bag or online PLEASE contact me

Idk how many were made

I got two of them pretty easy. Picked one up last year.

The value at the time wasn't too high but who knows right now.