• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

Going throw my stacks, i think all my Sexton Firebirds are 2017, i might be wrong but as Firebirds go the Sexton 2017 is not that OS?
But how do all the Sextons stack up against normal Star and Champion Firebirds?

Found a C-line, S-line ( 2017 Aussie open ) PDs and even a few FD3s ( lol i have to many discs )
Strange that the PD is Speed 10 . .caliper have FD3, PD and Firebird very close to 1,9cm for all

Last edited:
Every Sexton I've thrown across the board has been less stable than Star or Champ.

Disc Golf Values have some good looking Luster Champion Firebirds "Flat top processed to remove the dome"

i´m guessing these are very OS?

Disc Golf Values have some good looking Luster Champion Firebirds "Flat top processed to remove the dome"

I bought some back in 2016 and three years later this pink one in the pictures is still my go to FAF (flat and firm) utility disc firebird. If you want an "affordable" FAF firechicken then this might be it.

granted the plastic might have changed over the years but its worth a try.

I got my flat luster champ firebird today. Its really is flat. luster champion is pearly jolly launcher plastic.

tCOtxD3l.jpg

5jRPYDxl.jpg

I have a flat top luster from a previous run and it is ridiculously OS.

PSA: Sexybirds are in stock @ InfiniteDiscs.

I know this isn't a sexton, luster, pearly, or anything fun like that, but the star firebirds I have been seeing lately have been really nice. Anyone else throw the star?

I know this isn't a sexton, luster, pearly, or anything fun like that, but the star firebirds I have been seeing lately have been really nice. Anyone else throw the star?

My doubles partner throws Star FB's. He has a mini-stamp one he uses for flex forehand drives.

I have been trying to break in a max weight mostly flat one for 3 years. Hoping to get it to slightly used Gstar state, but no luck. It is not Champ stable, but it basically has stayed the same for the past 2 years. Only time I really notice any lost stability is on forehand rollers.

Anyone else throw the star?

I got several super stiff and flat 165 and 166 stars that are the most overstable firebirds I have owned. But I dont use them because they are too os for my likes.

I have a broken in star that flies more like a thunderbird just straight for 375-400. Cant wait to break it in to fly like my champ one that flips up

After bagging 3 Destroyers for mostly forehands,thumbers, and the occasinal BH over the last 10 years, a Firebird is now bagged to share some of those duties.

I have a friend who has been backhanding a beat in DX FB for several years. I was digging through the used bin at gggt the other day and found a lightly used (10/10) dyed 12x KC 167 Champ for 8 dollars!!

I've been flicking it lately on a wooded course. It is very consistent! ! Can't wait to put some air under it with a big thumber hammer down throw...

I got several super stiff and flat 165 and 166 stars that are the most overstable firebirds I have owned. But I dont use them because they are too os for my likes.

I have a broken in star that flies more like a thunderbird just straight for 375-400. Cant wait to break it in to fly like my champ one that flips up

Whoa! I didn't know Eagle posted here! Just messin', but isn't 400' like top pro range for a Firebird?

...but about Star FB's- I bought one recently after losing a SexyBird on what looked like a great shot. Unfortunately, the basket was in a ravine and the teepad on top of said ravine, so it was super hard to follow the disc. Oh well, lesson learned: I'll never be paying $30 for a disc again. The Star flies almost identical to the SexyBird anyway, maybe just very slightly more overstable.

Last edited:
Whoa! I didn't know Eagle posted here! Just messin', but isn't 400' like top pro range for a Firebird?

I have firebirds that are beat in enough that I might be able to get to 400' but the shot required to do that is one that I would never use on the course with that disc.

...but about Star FB's- I bought one recently after losing a SexyBird on what looked like a great shot. Unfortunately, the basket was in a ravine and the teepad on top of said ravine, so it was super hard to follow the disc. Oh well, lesson learned: I'll never be paying $30 for a disc again. The Star flies almost identical to the SexyBird anyway, maybe just very slightly more overstable.

I dont practice enough to throw my firebird that far on a course any more. It can happen in a feild but I cant hit fairways well at that power at all.

Star firebirds are great, they can cover most flights with much use. I like the grip and decent stiffness. I even got some old super stiff flat ones I got at Innova that are ~165

I dont practice enough to throw my firebird that far on a course any more. It can happen in a feild but I cant hit fairways well at that power at all.

Star firebirds are great, they can cover most flights with much use. I like the grip and decent stiffness. I even got some old super stiff flat ones I got at Innova that are ~165

For truly nasty OS firebirds I think I prefer ~167g. Better for thumbers I think and I feel like I can get them moving better.

I have a star FB in the bag for that stability between a thundy and a 12x FB. I used to use a star thundy for this, but my last couple were not as OS as they used to be. It's mainly a water disc, but I also tend to prefer water discs that sit in between my main lineup of discs to give me a couple extra options on the course.

I had one star one that I loved and it got stolen. I bag one beat PFN Star, but it's mainly a BH disc for me. Flies in the 330-375 range really well and gets a good fade or fade to skip depending on the height.

Give me a good FAF for FH though. 350-400 lines like a champ(the 400 is a higher flex line, not traditional golf like).