• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

Traded for a new FB, one of the newer embossed flat lustery runs. Y'all still loving these?

Traded for a new FB, one of the newer embossed flat lustery runs. Y'all still loving these?

I like the one I got and would love another. It's not FAF OS, but it is about the same as those almost flat pearly ones from 2014ish. Which is my second favorite run.

So while not perfect, yes they are very good.

I picked up a 158gm Star Firebird
almost concave
the nose (to my eye) looked sharper/faster

thought it would be a fun disc to throw

it doesn't like to fly
damn stable (not really a surprise given the shape but still...)

I'm going to have to introduce it to some hard objects

So while not perfect, yes they are very good.

Since I don't throw a FH 450', this may be the perfect Firebird for me. Very flat with grippy, pearly champion plastic. Played in 15-20 mph winds yesterday and it earned its keep for sure. I actually prefer to throw something less OS than a FB when I can but I'm always happy to have one in my bag in the Okie springtime.

Dude at my shop says this plastic should be the norm for the foreseeable future for champion, which is awesome. I have a couple TL3s that are the same.

Since I don't throw a FH 450', this may be the perfect Firebird for me. Very flat with grippy, pearly champion plastic. Played in 15-20 mph winds yesterday and it earned its keep for sure. I actually prefer to throw something less OS than a FB when I can but I'm always happy to have one in my bag in the Okie springtime.

Dude at my shop says this plastic should be the norm for the foreseeable future for champion, which is awesome. I have a couple TL3s that are the same.

Good to hear! The plastic seems to organically change every few years and it suits some discs better than others. The super clear plastic of 2015-18 was very well suited to things like Shrykes and Terns but the Firebirds and Rocs suffered IMO.

The new pearly Champ is my favorite in years.

Innova shared that the run of pearly flat Firebirds of 2018 was a blend including "leftover" Luster. Recent shipments received by Infinite have been from a different run, with less pearls. Grab the pearlies when you see um!

Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of beauties still coming up for sale. I'm only saying that I've noticed the Champ Firebirds they receive go from 100% pearly to 50%.

The next run is another great one. They're flat, OS, molded with transparent & tacky plastic. I'm sure some will favor them over the recent pearlies.

Shop got a new shipment of FBs and they are still lustery. Had to get a backup.

Attachments

• IMG_20190513_184131.jpg
    IMG_20190513_184131.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 192
Shop got a new shipment of FBs and they are still lustery. Had to get a backup.

God bless that is pretty. I never buy a disc only because of how it looks, but I would certainly buy that over just about any other Champ Firebird. I will have to post my pearlies later.

Wow, I need to stock up on another on another two or three of these while they are still around. I am loving my flat pearly pink FB that I picked up a couple months back. Flat, grippy, firm but not too firm, monster overstablility.

Perfectly described what they are, absolutely perfect for that "utility" firebird slot. I also have an older 12x to pair with it which is quite domey and seasoned in, so they are like completely different discs haha.

Stock up on firebirds. The latest cfr run that has come through our door was a mix of regular champ and champ with a little bit of luster in them. They look like the old pearly champ plastic from years ago and it feels great.

The red Firebird's already sold out. That was fast

Latest posts