• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

Most of them are not flat. Most of them are domey which is why no one liked them right away.

The dome is very minimal, side by side you can tell which one is the 12x, but it is a cheaper alternative to an 11x and a fantastic disc. They are flat in my opinion, I have 8-10 of them and they are all flat, not AS flat, but definitely flat.

Obviously a 12x is a 12x, not an 11x :wall: The point is the early 12x are an early run CLOSER to an 11x, unlike the crappy ones in the stores now.

I have probably around 20 of the ones in question. They are my main thrower and not a single one is anything close to being considered flat. Compared to the current run they have pretty much the same dome but the ones out now are just stiffer.

I have probably around 20 of the ones in question. They are my main thrower and not a single one is anything close to being considered flat. Compared to the current run they have pretty much the same dome but the ones out now are just stiffer.

Okay Mr. Horsman, looks like you are superior in all disc knowledge, AND you have more discs than me.....good job my friend. :thmbup:

I still disagree, my experience has been different. The new ones I have bought, have been nowhere close to the pre#12x. I would say the pre#12x are definitely closer to the 11x than the fresh flight numbered 12x.

It is what it is. One thing we can agree on is firebirds are the bomb-diggity, no matter how much dome or lack of dome we think they have. LOL

Threw my new Champ Firebird for the first time today and lost it after a few holes. :/

Ordered a new one, I'll give it another go.

Agree. Do you have any of the "no time" stamped ones w/ flight numbers and pat #s? I think they are from the same run as the PFN 12x ones. Both great discs, but definitely not flat.

Found my ideal max o/s Firebird at the shop yesterday. 166g FAF swirly blue Star Firebird. Dual color stamp, which have always seemed domey. New run? Pretty much rock hard Star plastic. This guy is not passing any flex tests!

I took out my domey Star FB and put this one in as well as one of the gummy/pearly old 12x's that have a mild dome/lower PLH. Still more o/s than a CPD while giving some distance on BH headwind drives.

I want one of those Des Redding FBs from the proshop, anyone have one? Pretty much te standard champ run?

I want one of those Des Redding FBs from the proshop, anyone have one? Pretty much te standard champ run?

Love mine. Minimal dome and great plastic. This is the new run of the Jolly launcher plastic which is reminiscent of some 11x I have felt.

Plus it is overstable but has good control.

I found an eleven time FB for $13. Somebody stuck an led through the middle of the disc for glow golf.

How will the light change the way it throws? Do you guys think I should buy it?

Found my ideal max o/s Firebird at the shop yesterday. 166g FAF swirly blue Star Firebird. Dual color stamp, which have always seemed domey. New run? Pretty much rock hard Star plastic. This guy is not passing any flex tests!

I took out my domey Star FB and put this one in as well as one of the gummy/pearly old 12x's that have a mild dome/lower PLH. Still more o/s than a CPD while giving some distance on BH headwind drives.

I went to Innova East earlier in the year and Got the Hook up on those super light around 165 FAF Star Firebirds. They are Perfect for big overhands and any sort of gale force head winds. I they had BOXES of them so yeah they bomb.

So is anyone liking the flat G*'s? I've been using one for great placement sidearm spikes.

I cycle three star firebirds in my bag with all in different stages of wear and stiffness. I have one u forehand with a slight anhyzer and let it perform overstable duties and have two softer ones that I throw flat or with a slight hyzer and get the lovely left to right play and big distance. My question is: where do gstar firebirds fit in? Does the natural added glide of the plastic make it more suitable for that left to right distance shot? Or more so overstable duties?

I am thinking of cycling one of my firebirds out for the winter and try a gstar for cold weather play.

Just found a FAF, SAS champion Firebird used at PIAS, I had a semi domey one, that wasn't satisfying. Pretty new to the FB realm. On my tomahawks the disc doesn't turn over at all. It's just straight up and down. Same with thumbers. I'm used to a disc doing a big flip on an overhand. Is this normal or is it my technique?
Really digging this disc for spike hyzers, forehand bombs, scoobies and windy drives.

Just found a FAF, SAS champion Firebird used at PIAS, I had a semi domey one, that wasn't satisfying. Pretty new to the FB realm. On my tomahawks the disc doesn't turn over at all. It's just straight up and down. Same with thumbers. I'm used to a disc doing a big flip on an overhand. Is this normal or is it my technique?
Really digging this disc for spike hyzers, forehand bombs, scoobies and windy drives.

thumbers you should have a nice slow pan if i remember right. like a panning barrel roll

Mine will stay that way if I throw it too low or at too low of an angle, snap it off at the top of your motion and it should roll, but slower than most discs.

Very flat Firebirds will flip over very slowly when compared to just about anything. I get max distance with a Firebird and a pretty much straight finish on thumbers. Heck, for me a Firebird barely even flips over for a tommy (I prefer a more flippy disc, a Leopard, for tomahawks).

Latest posts