• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am World Predictions

I will be competing this year in AM1 but have no realistic expectations to win. My goal would be the top 20.

Anyways, unlike last year I dont think there are any clearcut favorites. Its a toss up really. There are probably 25 guys at least that could get hot, have a good tourney and win. Afterall almost no one wins a tourney shooting their rating much less a major. Also its tough to make these kinds of predictions with Ams because even the best ams rarely travel to all the big events. Hard to see a track record at big tourneys. You also have pros dropping down to certain events to displace true am players like BG ams this year. . .

ADV- Cameron Colglaizer, Mobile AL
ADV Women- Paige Bjerkaas, Denver CO
ADV Masters- Stephen Harrison, Denham Springs LA
Juniors <19- Luke Morstad, Canada
Juniors <16- Luke Hambleton, Fort Walton Beach, FL

I'm rooting for Bill Griffith (From Canton, Ohio) in the Senior Grand Masters division. May the course be with you Bill-------------------------------------------------------------------------- - +

Prob some bagger from NC like every year unless they are all waiting another yr to take it at home

And the winner is...........Whiz, AKA: The third string CDGC PP (Will always be behind Polish and Philly Phil), Paul Priest.

I will be competing this year in AM1 but have no realistic expectations to win. My goal would be the top 20.

Anyways, unlike last year I dont think there are any clearcut favorites. Its a toss up really. There are probably 25 guys at least that could get hot, have a good tourney and win. Afterall almost no one wins a tourney shooting their rating much less a major. Also its tough to make these kinds of predictions with Ams because even the best ams rarely travel to all the big events. Hard to see a track record at big tourneys. You also have pros dropping down to certain events to displace true am players like BG ams this year. . .

What is a true AM? Are you one?

I'm pulling for Whiz, but I did take 5 bucks from him last week... (then he stole it back very quickly)

I agree with biscoe. Anyone who can win an advanced tournament should not be playing advanced. For instance, Chris Hysell ;)

CT's own Billy Dunne is in the books with two rounds and sitting at -10 under par ...

I agree with biscoe. Anyone who can win an advanced tournament should not be playing advanced. For instance, Chris Hysell ;)

I have not played advanced since 1994 when I said I would never bag again. I may lose a few limbs in an accident and change my mind but I couldn't imagine playing advanced and not winning. That would be more crushing than finishing last in Open.

And back on topic, I pick Carol Silverthorn to win.

Latest posts