• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

amount found, lost, returned. what's your record?

lost a bunch ~10

turned in a bunch...not sure how many, I just know that anything that I find with ink goes to the local lost and found

i have claimed at least 6 of my own from said lost and found

Returned two yesterday. He and my group were the only ones on the course and he was throwing multiple shots for practice. Called the number and found he was at the other end of the course so it was an easy hookup.

I've lost track of the totals over the years but I'd guess I've gotten 30-40% back and returned about 90% (no name or no answer).

Lost: Six or seven
Found: Thirty or so.
Returned to others: Twenty five or so.
Returned to me: One.
Attempted to return to me: Three.

I have gone in the water and given hundreds back when I have seen them thrown in. I have kept even more and sold some. if you throw into the water and keep going it isn't yours anymore, if I am there and get it for you to be nice and say thanks.

Found ---- 150+ so far this year (i have witnesses)
Lost ---- 4 maybe?
Returned ---- 3
Re. to me ---- 1

Lost: Six or seven
Found: Thirty or so.
Returned to others: Twenty five or so.
Returned to me: One.
Attempted to return to me: Three.

Are you honestly telling me that 84% of people in your area write their name and # on the discs? I have only found about 510-15% of people to write their info on the discs. Some write a name, but I am sorry if all you do is write a name but do not participate in leagues or tourneys I cannot hold onto that disc forever. I need a phone #, a DGCR username, or a PDGA # to track you down.

Are you honestly telling me that 84% of people in your area write their name and # on the discs? I have only found about 510-15% of people to write their info on the discs. Some write a name, but I am sorry if all you do is write a name but do not participate in leagues or tourneys I cannot hold onto that disc forever. I need a phone #, a DGCR username, or a PDGA # to track you down.

That's what I'm saying!!! I Call Shananagans!!!

Most of the plastic I find has at least 2 names on it. some discs even more. i keep most of the plastic I find for this reason. Plus i have no car and getting discs to people is an obsticle that, in most cases, is a much bigger ordeal than it's really worth.

If I'm finding so many discs, its almost obvious (depending on where the finds are -- mostly ZBoaz) that the people's discs that I'm finding, didn't really care to look hard enough to find it anyways. So it's mine now.

All-in-all you should always return a disc if it's possible.

I give discs to friends, to kids of friends, dogs, sell back to play it again, and you guys on here. I think I earn my keep.

150 + discs is evidence of good karma right?

Last edited:
Found: ~ 500
Returned: ALL Sometimes this is handing to the owner....sometimes it is dropping it off at Disc N Dat and letting Dan take care of it. Sometimes it involves posting on the local message board and making arrangements thru a third party....but since I play mostly tournaments...it's usually just dropping off said disc on the TD's table and letting the person come by and claim it.

Lost: ~12
Returned to me: All but 3

Discs I've kept eventhough they aren't mine: 0

you've returned 500 discs?

so all those 500 discs had names with phone #'s or PDGA numbers and were returned to their rightful owner?

not calling you a lier, but that's really hard to believe.

Countless lost, only one ever returned (I told him to keep it but he insisted). Countless found, none returned.

Probably found over 700 and returned about 200. 1/3 of the discs I found usually has a name/#. I dont bother returning any standard plastic or ones with names marked off and so on since it probably wasnt theres to begin with and just not worth the hassle to return.

Yeah, well, in the guy's defense, would you leave 15 bucks floating in the water and...."wait till you finished your round to retrieve it"? ...and really expect it to be sitting there when you returned?

I have lost many discs this first year. Usually to water. I've had 1 returned to me out of the water while I was still in the park. I have found plenty of discs but only successfully returned 1. All the rest seem to be unmarked. I have a buddy who refuses to call anybody. He says he loses discs and no one calls him and thats just part of the game. I say karma is a bitch. He still can't beat me either. ha

Discs in water that are visible to the naked eye and can be retrieved by, at the most, taking your shoes and socks off, rolling up your pant legs a little, and maybe costing you a little discomfort and loss of, what?...5 minutes?, is fair game in my book.

BUT!!!! if the disc is marked in such a way that it can be returned to the rightful owner, than it should be returned.

HOWEVER!!! We were at Becentenial in Crowley, TX. This dude's girlfriend pitches a disc in the creek. I see it. They look. I point. They look.

"Naw baby, I don't see, it's not there" (they walk off)

"Dude, I see it right there, RIGHT THERE" as I point one more time.

So they walk, 2 other buddies of mine have a retriever battle for it, get the disc, and well.....SCREW THE DUDE AND HIS GIRL!!! (despite the fact we knew it was there's)

I think most discs left in shallow creeks were walk offs for this reason. They didn't bother spending the time to get it, obviously in most cases, when it was so easy for someone esle to get it.

you've returned 500 discs?

so all those 500 discs had names with phone #'s or PDGA numbers and were returned to their rightful owner?

not calling you a lier, but that's really hard to believe.

It happens here. The creek that runs through our course gets very deep and murky so there's not much chance of seeing/retrieving your disc at the moment it goes in the water. When the pumps that control the flow shut down, the creek bottom is visible and discs are pulled out of the water. Most of the regular players know who's disc is who's by the names on the discs, and they are normally returned quickly. I cannot even guess how many I've fished out and returned during the 23 years of playing at this course, but 500 would be a conservative estimate. I would guess there's probably 50 or so in my back yard that nobody has claimed, and there have been many more unclaimed ones that have been loaned/given to new players who are participating in clinics, demos, and other fun activities.

Latest posts