• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Any Shark 3 love?

ajcloutier

Par Member
I have been working on the midrange portion of my bag, which up until recently has consisted of Vibram mids, and at least one heavy Z Buzzz. Not that I was unsatisfied, I took in on trade a proto Shark 3 from a local for an MVP Vector that I had in a stack I had "he wanted something more stable"

Just for novelty I wanted to toss it down a near 300ft hole , which requires a very straight flight with either a very late turn or a slow fade towards the end to traverse a tree in front of the pin. As soon as I threw it I felt somewhat warm inside "or possibly could have been the taco I just ate"!

It had such a wonderful flight, and an awesome release. I feel like it offered a good amount of stability without having to have a bead "wasp, roc, ghost". I ran to the local disc shop and literally bought what proto Shark 3's they had left! The heavy Buzzz has been gone, and now Im not throwing my Obex nearly as much.

I feel like there has been much discussion on the Roc and Mako 3's but not much attention given to the Shark 3. Is it the black sheep of the lineup? Does it not fill a void or offer something different that other Innova mids don't?

I really enjoyed the Shark3 when I threw it. I thought it flew very straight with just the teeniest of fades on the end. But it still held hyzers very well.

Huh. I bought a stock stamped Shark 3 at Marshall Street. I think it's 176-177 and it's really beefy. I've only thrown it a handful of times. Some of the stamp flaked off from stuffing my bag after MSt. I thought it was similar to the Roc3 just a different feel in the hand. I'll have to give it another try.

Last edited:
It's on my list of discs to try someday, being a Shark fan in gneral. Sounds like a good disc by your description.

McBeth put out a new in the bag vid, he apparently carries one.

Watch the Shark3 love magically increase now.

In McBeths new "in the bag" he mentions that the Shark3 is more overstable than the Roc3. I thought this was weird.

This has been my experience as well. My shark3 is more overstable than both of the roc3s i've thrown.

This has been my experience as well. My shark3 is more overstable than both of the roc3s i've thrown.

Interesting.... is the flashing still sharp on yours? The Roc 3 that I got rid of was too overstable... between that of a kc and a gator! It was kind domey though.

Interesting.... is the flashing still sharp on yours? The Roc 3 that I got rid of was too overstable... between that of a kc and a gator! It was kind domey though.

I've had both a flat and domey Roc3. The domey was quite a bit more OS than the flat one.

Well sharks, in general,have always been more stable than rocs,with the few exceptions ,so its no real surprise that they would be beefier than the roc3.

I've still got some sweet Sparkle Shark3's from the US Masters if anybody needs one. $18 shipped