• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Anyone else miss regular release plastic?

medic5888

Par Member
Am I the only one that is so tired of special release plastic? Jesus its so hard to find normal z plastic anymore. I dont need another ledgestone drop of their ts swirl plastic with stupid stamps. Why have we gone away from regular production? Is it a money thing and they are making more money off the limited release? I just need normal plastic and normal stamps please.

Answered your own question, yes.

Da monies.

Why stock stamp a buzzz and sell for $15....when for the same amount of foil, can specialty stamp it and sell it for $25

Innova seems to be slightly better than the other manufacturers currently, lots of stock Wraiths and Destroyers on the shelves. New star Wraith run is nice, I got a couple with very mild dome that have a little turn off the shelf and kinda bomb.

Discraft is feeding their new fans with nothing but high price specialty runs, MVP is taking a long, slow pull off the JC teat and who knows if Discmania will ever get to full production.

Full disclosure - I've purchased several DC/DGA specialty discs myself so I'm part of the problem....

I'll pay more for a disc if it is actually different. For instance getting a Halo Destroyer or Color Glow TB3. Same for DC like the Rubber Blend Glow Ringers that came out and Big Z Zones.

If it's just a stock plastic with a pro's name on it I generally pass.

Every Discraft and Dga mold I throw right now has a "stock" version available to purchase.

Not sure what molds you're talking about but this thread feels like it's a year and a half old. Discraft hasn't fully caught up but stock plastic is readily available if you shop around.

This is why I switched to Innova classics. They are always going to have stock stamp Aviars, Rocs and Teebirds in available

Every Discraft and Dga mold I throw right now has a "stock" version available to purchase.

Not sure what molds you're talking about but this thread feels like it's a year and a half old. Discraft hasn't fully caught up but stock plastic is readily available if you shop around.

I'm looking for a standard run Goldline or Opto Fuse and a standard run ESP or Z Hades. Can't find them anywhere- only signature series.

I'll pay more for a disc if it is actually different. For instance getting a Halo Destroyer or Color Glow TB3. Same for DC like the Rubber Blend Glow Ringers that came out and Big Z Zones.

If it's just a stock plastic with a pro's name on it I generally pass.

Yeah, that's why I bought a SexyBird, but in reality I found that a Star Firebird is pretty much the same thing.

Always a fan of irony, there was a pop-up ad in the middle of your post featuring TiSwirl and some other Ledgestone discs. :clap:

I'm looking for a standard run Goldline or Opto Fuse and a standard run ESP or Z Hades. Can't find them anywhere- only signature series.

Fuse is available at Latitude64.se online store, they deliver to USA.
Hades is a Paul McBeth line disc, thus those are all going to have his signature on them. The Z plastic, to my knowledge, was a limited DGLO run.

Plenty of esp Hades around. The Paul mcbeth sig are as stock as they are gonna get. It's his lineup and they are 20$ for stock...

Z versions haven't been mass produced yet. But they will be $20 when they are

Plenty of esp Hades around. The Paul mcbeth sig are as stock as they are gonna get. It's his lineup and they are 20$ for stock...

Z versions haven't been mass produced yet. But they will be $20 when they are

So just an instant 5 dollar increase to put his name on a disc that he doesn't even throw...excellent.

Fuse is available at Latitude64.se online store, they deliver to USA.
Hades is a Paul McBeth line disc, thus those are all going to have his signature on them. The Z plastic, to my knowledge, was a limited DGLO run.

I might as well buy a tour series disc from a "local" internet retailer considering the cost of shipping is almost equal to the cost of the disc itself. It'd cost $33 to buy an Opto Fuse from that site.

Sure, but then you miss that super sweet CG plastic.

Not sure what CG plastic is, but my SexyBird felt/looked the same as Champion. I'm sure it can differ from year to year, but it was basically a $30 Champion Firebird that flew like a normal $18 Star Firebird.

Not sure what CG plastic is, but my SexyBird felt/looked the same as Champion. I'm sure it can differ from year to year, but it was basically a $30 Champion Firebird that flew like a normal $18 Star Firebird.

Color Glow. :)

I do miss regular solid color ESP plastic, the swirls are cool but I'd like to be able to buy a solid blue or pink disc.