• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever drag their foot

might look into learning to throw a static drive with your feet planted. takes out the footwork element and increases accuracy. its a bit tricky to learn to snap it hard and make it go far, but start with an understable disc throwing hyzer shots and work your way to more overstable discs from there.

When my drives were exclusively LHBH, I did. Wore out a couple pair of shoes on concrete tee pads. Not really an issue anymore since I generally drive FH now.

might look into learning to throw a static drive with your feet planted. takes out the footwork element and increases accuracy. its a bit tricky to learn to snap it hard and make it go far, but start with an understable disc throwing hyzer shots and work your way to more overstable discs from there.

Or start with a fan grip on midrange discs and try for 300 feet.

I've holed out two left shoes (since I really got into the game), but recently, my newer shoes I have worn show no signs of draggage.

Yeah, I found out the hard way. I wore sandels to the course and took a chunk out of my toe.

Go out and getcherself some Keens. They invented the closed-toe sandals, and most of their shoes feature a big rubberized toe box. I've been hard on the toes of my shoes my whole life, and Keens have the most durable toe box I've worn.

I push off my back foot too hard to drag my foot. I find I don't get my weight forward enough or enough hip rotation unless I do it that way.

ok..good advice from all, so what shoes can I get that has a big rubber pad on the inside part of the shoe? no where by the toes at all the inner side

I use to drag my foot... but then i was burning through my shoes like you said, so I learned to stop. It wasn't that hard of an adjustment and it didnt really effect my drive... I do drive a little further than when i stopped dragging, but I think that comes more form the fact that I have developed other parts of my drive (snap and reach and stuff...)

RHFH, and I drag my right foot. I play in a par of hiking boots I've hiked in for 3 years that weren't worn at all from hiking. Now the big toe side in front is almost worn off in year.

When I throw forehand I always drag my right toe. I always end up with a real nice looking pair of shoes that are still perfect, except for the huge hole in the right big toe area.

Occasionally. Not enough to worry about because it doesn't seem to affect my throw.

I went through 2 pairs of shoes this summer, I also drag my left foot on a rhbh throw. I need to get a better pair of shoes for this year! I would just duct tape my shoe before every round

(someone probably mentioned this already)

I don't drag my toe, and in fact I make it a point not to do so - and here's why:

Dragging your toe really is only limiting your follow through. Attempting to slow your rotation and NOT clear your hips after you throw can be really rough on knees and hips - and in turn, really hard on your back.

It's much healthier for your body and your form if you consciously make an effort to keep your toe from dragging on your follow through.

I never thought I dragged my foot until I played barefoot one day. Yeah, I drag my foot. Ouch.

I don't think I drag my foot, but will have to check it out. I know at times, I seem to fall forward or even have to catch myself and try to balance on the end of the tee box. One time, I lost my footing and fell.

Anything for a post.

Where exactly is this hole in your shoe? I drag big time on RHFH drives. The side of my shoe around my big toe on the right foot. I haven't noticed any dragging on my RHBH throw.

Sounds exactly like me. I noticed the other day that the shoes I play in are getting a nicely shredded look.

I drag my left foot on LHFH drives. Concrete tees means at least one pair of shoes will be grated each year.

I disagree with all the stand still nonsense, that puts far more strain on by back and shoulder than throwing both FH and BH with a runup.

I also disagree with the follow through guy. The foot dragging allows me to play far more holes because it allows a far more comfortable release.
To each his own.

I'd rather be a foot dragger than a knuckle dragger.