• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever get whacked by a disc?

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Or whack somebody with your shot?

The closest comparable I can think of would a hockey puck, which hurts like mad and can cut, knock out teeth etc.

I saw a guy sail one over a baby stroller today, got me thinking....

i got hit in the mouth with a roc.... the hole in my lip was nearly all the way through. ive never hit anyone myself.

Last weekend I fired a full tilt Ti Buzzz that took off "shall we say a little off target" and was heading straight for my buddies head.

Just before it would have plowed in the side of the head I yelled "FOUR" and in almost mid collision he just tilted his head back and it missed him by know more then a 1/8" of an inch.

If it had actually made contact I have no idea what would have happened it was heading straight for his temple and with out a doubt it would have knocked him out cold.

Shortly after I apology's and he told me he felt the wind and sound of it..

Holy ****....

I hit my ex gf with a dx shark in my back yard. she went out for her disc and i threw and caught her right in the side of the head. Luckily i wasnt throwing hard, but it did bruise and have a little cut

my girlfriend's friend threw a thumber and hit me square in the chest. funny thing is i saw her throw it i was juking left and right but the thing was like a heat seeking missile. it plowed into my chest thankfully it missed my head and crotch so i guess it could have been worse.

I had my lip split open after some guy missed his putt and threw another putt(with his driver). I was next to the basket and after he missed his 10-15 footer I was reaching in for my putter and his frustration shot sliced my lip. My lip bled instantly. Luckily no teeth were hit. I was treated to lunch and beers after the round.

I've been hit in the back of the head, side of the head, back, and side on different occasions

I taught my daughter ow to play and she wound up smacking me in the neck off the tee. Only 12 years old at the time but she's got quite an arm.

I was playing my first round in advanced at the ND State Tournament this year. One person on my card had a friend playing in pro later that day, so the friend was tagging along watching. On one infamous hole, pictured below, the person on my card tossed his disc onto the beach below. The straggler friend of his offered to get it while the rest of us left the tee box to find our drives.

The instant after I left go of my next shot, I see a flash of color and feel the impact. My hat and glasses go to the ground as I drop to my knees. Apparently, the straggler friend decided to throw his buddy's disc back to him, despite the fact that the shot was completely blind. He assumed it was safe, since at least 2 people were at the cliff's edge above him, watching him do it. Regardless, those spectators/players watched the shot soar from start to finish, without yelling a fore. I was pissed.

The next few holes sucked. It really rocked my concentration getting smoked by a disc and feeling raging pissed. At least it was, from what I can assume, a big arcing shot and definitely not a line drive.

Needless to say, I told the guy to take a hike, don't throw blindly into people, and learn to call fore. Later, I saw a photo of him in DiscGolfer magazine #14, pg 14, for winning Collegiate. It's too bad common sense isn't a requirement for playing great golf, apparently.

a3c05ebe_m.jpg

Left side of my head with a putter. Buddy of mine was putting from woods and didnt see I saw goin to get mine out before his putt. Hurt like HELL!

I've never hit, or been hit, but I have seen people get hit. The old New Lenox course was brutal. They came and put a pavilion, vollyball, etc right in the middle of the DG course!

I've never hit, or been hit, but I have seen people get hit. The old New Lenox course was brutal. They came and put a pavilion, vollyball, etc right in the middle of the DG course!

You talking about Haines? I took a drive to my right forearm there a few years back. hands down the most dangerous course I've ever played.

I was standing about 12' behind a guy who was getting ready to throw.
(not exactly straight behind, a bit more to the right)
Since he was throwing in another direction I wasn't really paying attention. Bad idea!

Hos throw went almost 180° off target and hit me in the neck. I dropped to the ground and was out for a minute or so. It just got dark real fast.

He had been playing for ten years or so.
But only for fun a couple of times a year.
Saddest thing in this story is that he has never played again since that incident.

He said it was now clear to him that he should retire from DG.

Guy I was playing with thought I threw already and started walking towards the basket. I was behind a tree and didn't see him walking, threw my champ Shark, and smacked him in the side of the head. Luckily it was a soft hyzer so didn't do anything but knock his sunglasses off his face... but I still felt bad.

You talking about Haines? I took a drive to my right forearm there a few years back. hands down the most dangerous course I've ever played.

That's the one!

Last edited:
i was playing with a group of friends and there was a group of kids running (i think it was a grade school track team) the kids were running on the side walk by the basket 325 ft away they were moving pretty fast and my friend threw cuz they woulda been long gone by the time the disc got close to the basket. my friend starts his run up and as he is about to throw, one chubby kid just stopps running and starts to walk to catch his breath. my friend doesnt really notice and throws his drive. his drive gets right behind the kid, skips up and hits him right in the butt. the kid immediately starts running again and catches up to the group. we all thought it was so funny. the disc wasnt moving fast at all and im sure the kid wasnt hurt. but it was pretty funny that the kid immediately started running after he got hit.

I got nailed in the foot last week in a tournament and it hurt like hell. Thanks for yelling fore when it was ten feet away, jack hole! It hit the bone where my big toe meets the foot.

another time. one of my friends was trying to learn lefty backhand. we were on a downhill hole with a path at the bottom about 40 ft from the basket. my friend throws his shot and it gets caught up in the wind and starts to stall out. 2 bikers come around the blind corner outta no where. they didnt seem to know there was a disc golf course there, because we said 4!!! and they didnt look or react to it. the disc goes right across the womans face and hits her in the right forearm. it knocks her straight off the bike and onto the ground and she gave a super loud yelp/scream. we didnt know what to do and we just stood at the top of the hill and they didnt look at us at all. it was weird, they acted like the disc just fell out of the sky. after about 2 min the lady got back on the bike and kept on riding down the path

Latest posts