• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Apps for I-phone

Wildbuck

Bogey Member
I was wondering what apps some of you use to keep score. I have one i use that is ok, but i wanted to find one where i could put factors like distance for each hole etc.

I was going to add this to the above thread but it's locked so I'll post it here...

There is a new "Free" DG app that just went up in the app store called Discasaurus.

So far it's turning out to be a good app.

Easy to set up & score & you can upload your scores to their website.

"Availability - iPhone version available now. Android, and WebApp versions coming soon.

Super-efficient scoring - Big buttons and swipe-able interface allow you to enter scores quickly and get back to the game.

History and statistics - Save rounds, view trends, and compare records on the desktop and on the fairway."

sweet... i'll check it out.

have you seen DG Caddy? is it comparable to that app or better?

I got to look at an app the PDGA is going to be releasing this weekend at the DE Challenge. It looked pretty good, but I have only looked into the others and have yet to use them on the course.
Some features included course finding, score keeping on courses selected, shotgun start options, multiple player scoring, some type of email or score posting features, .....some other stuff too. It looks promising and different than other apps due to the integration of the PDGA s course database.
The guy said something about it being for certified officials when he mentioned it at the TD meeting. When I looked at it that nite at the bar, it was clearly a scoring app for players and it was not something for TDs to use for score uploads.

so far DG Caddy is the best I've played around with. If they would only fix some of my suggestions it would be much better.

the best one i found is an app called DG Caddy, you can enter in distance, par, and multipile tees. it also saves all of your scores for you

I know it sounds bad, but I'm about to buy my buddy's IPhone 3GS and ditch my BlackBerry Torch ONLY because BB doesn't have any DG apps. However, I'd like to know if any of the apps for IPhone allow you to keep track of how many putts you have on a hole in addition to total score on a hole? That is very important to me.

I know it sounds bad, but I'm about to buy my buddy's IPhone 3GS and ditch my BlackBerry Torch ONLY because BB doesn't have any DG apps. However, I'd like to know if any of the apps for IPhone allow you to keep track of how many putts you have on a hole in addition to total score on a hole? That is very important to me.

i've yet to see an app that tracks putts. i have contacted DG Caddy to make the following updates to their app and have yet to get a response.

-allow for multiple pars on each hole to compensate for multiple pin placements
-track putts and OB
-allow round scores to be put in drop down menus for each course instead of one long spread sheet of all scores (once you have a lot of rounds on DG Caddy it starts slowing down because you're scrolling through tons of rounds. if you could minimize and maximize each courses rounds that would be much cleaner and efficient)
-add a graph for your last 20 or 30 rounds on all courses, add a graph that shows your progress per hole
-add a place for notes on holes and courses to be stored
-add a place for a course map to be stored

if you have DG Caddy or think you would get DG Caddy if they made these or any suggestions you have, please email them and hopefully they will come around.

I'm liking Discasaurus - emailed the devs about a few things this weekend and had responses within minutes. Top notch service IMO.

the funny thing is that RobotNinjaZombies just emailed me back about the updates that will be coming out. recording number of putts isn't on there next update list but i was told they will consider working on it for a future update.

i should also say that RobotNinjaZombies have a separate app that locates courses called DGCF

Last edited:
^Yeah, but you don't need that since Tim added the 'courses around me' feature on DGCR mobile! Now if he would only make a way to have a mobile scorecard that downloads directly to the site....

Easy Scorecard Pro is pretty good(Android).It has Satellite course views with distances,keeps stats,add contacts from phone,other.

i've yet to see an app that tracks putts. i have contacted DG Caddy to make the following updates to their app and have yet to get a response.

-allow for multiple pars on each hole to compensate for multiple pin placements
-track putts and OB
-allow round scores to be put in drop down menus for each course instead of one long spread sheet of all scores (once you have a lot of rounds on DG Caddy it starts slowing down because you're scrolling through tons of rounds. if you could minimize and maximize each courses rounds that would be much cleaner and efficient)
-add a graph for your last 20 or 30 rounds on all courses, add a graph that shows your progress per hole
-add a place for notes on holes and courses to be stored
-add a place for a course map to be stored

if you have DG Caddy or think you would get DG Caddy if they made these or any suggestions you have, please email them and hopefully they will come around.

check out iDicsgolf scoring app. It is a course locator, you can download the courses you go to without having to wade through all the others. It can score from mulitple tee pads if the course has them. You can score putts & penatly shots.

The course locator will send the info to the map app so you can find the course.

It's a pretty good all around app.

It's not complete just yet. The developer is still working on the update that will keep track of your stats but he has a fourm to post bugs and ideas and is pretty prompt on getting back to you.

Not DG-related, but figured I'd give a heads-up to anyone interested: There's a FREE app for Kan Jam that is a great reference for some of the more questionable rule-calling scenarios (i.e. if the disc goes in the Instant Win slot but pops out of the Kan, if the disc lands perfectly balanced ON the Kan!, etc.). You can also post your team's scores online. Pretty cool looking, but I haven't gotten around to using it yet since I never have 3 willing players at my disposal whenever I want to play. :(

Latest posts