• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Archers and Arrows

Streets

* Ace Member *
From Lat64's Facebook
Congrats to Team ‪#‎Lat64‬ memberTim Barr for his win in Masters at The Rumble @ Ravenwood played in Nashville, TN. Tim told us, "The Lat 64 Gold Line Bolt and Gold Line Fury were amazing! The Bolt's distance allowed me to get birdies on the long par 4's and 5's. The Fury got me the birdies on the par 3's. The Dynamic Discs Fuzion Truth continues to impress, getting me a two on a downhill 510 ft hole! The Dynamic Discs Classic Blend Warden made sure I had no 3 putts! Trilogy plastic has made a huge difference in my game!"

From Innova's Facebook
Paul McBeth Repeats as KC Wide Open Champion
Congratulations to Paul McBeth on another outstanding performance at the Kansas City Wide Open. Paul grabbed the lead in Round 2 and did not look back. A bogey free, 1080-rated round of 49 in Round 3 made it smooth sailing down the stretch as McBeth went on to capture his second consecutive KCWO title by 7 strokes over Ricky Wysocki.

Found the differences to be interesting, Discuss

People win because of skill not discs.

People win because of skill not discs.

bull****. have you seen my bag its full of team trilogy. i win. if i threw something crappy like innova i would do so much worse. team trilogy fills my bag so well and those discs do things no other company offers

Do you really expect the official facebook accounts for these companies to not hype their own products? And do you not expect the employees of that company to do the same (let's face it, sponsored players are simply regional sales people)?

It'd be poor marketing for a company to subscribe to the notion of their discs are no different than another company's discs, even if it were the truth.

From Discraft FB

What a tournament!
Colorado's Colten Montgomery is your 2014 National Champion! Steady, smart and even-keeled throughout the tournament, Montgomery held fast to win by two shots over George Beno and two resurgent players in Ronald Bieberitz and Jason Sosnowski, all of whom tied for 2nd. Full details and media soon, but for now it's time to celebrate the 2014 United States Amateur Disc Golf Champion Colten Montgomery!

The Lat64 "Solider" Team is all there on a trial basis. At the end of the season they are cutting the team down to just a few (10ish) who will be permanently sponsored by Lat64. When they perform well at events, they are required to post via social media about how the plastic performed for them which does two things. 1. Promote the brand (which is also required in their sponsorship contract) and 2. Gives them a better shot at making the permanent team.

Hence why I posted the actual posts instead of links.
Thanks Streets.

Do you really expect the official facebook accounts for these companies to not hype their own products? And do you not expect the employees of that company to do the same (let's face it, sponsored players are simply regional sales people)?

It'd be poor marketing for a company to subscribe to the notion of their discs are no different than another company's discs, even if it were the truth.

I don't find it surprising that Lat's post includes quotes touting their product, for the reasons JC mentions above... but that doesn't mean I don't think it's a bit crass.

I do find it interesting that Innova's and Discraft's don't mention their product... at all.

I also find it interesting that I (an American) find the behavior of a European comany to be a bit crass (but certainly not tacky or cheap), while I find the American companies' posts to be a bit more "high road."

Maybe that says something about me. I guess that's me expecting a perpetuation of certain stereotypes - that of the loud, obnoxious American in contrast with more subdued European personalities... perhaps even moreso because (sterotyping yet again) Scandinvians seem to be less self-promoting than other European cultures.

Might as well have posted links. The actual posts were nothing of substance, much like 99% of the narcissistic whoredom posted on social media.

OKAY SCARPFISH, YOUVE MADE YOUR POINT. YOU DONT LIKE FACEBOOK.

you have more feelings on the subject than people that use the website everyday, and therefore you are more wrapped up in it than anyone else.

get over it.

Lat's post is awkward and doesn't sell me on the discs. I don't think the other 2 companies care any more about their players though, I just think they have better people managing their social media.

Might as well have posted links. The actual posts were nothing of substance, much like 99% of the narcissistic whoredom posted on social media.

I didn't post to have a commentary of the pros/cons of social media. Who cares where the posts are from? Read the words and respond on their content.

Innova's post actually sounds like the beginning to a solid sports story with actual round details and scoring. It's more focused on the actual player and their round.

Lat64's post is just pure marketing. It almost doesn't matter who the player was as long as they were slinging Trilogy.

Lat's post is awkward and doesn't sell me on the discs. I don't think the other 2 companies care any more about their players though, I just think they have better people managing their social media.

I've seen several like this and they almost all follow the same format, like they are given a pre-typed thing to fill in.