• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Are you going APE?

that rim! looks wide

innova_ape.jpg

discraft is supposed be releasing something..SOON...killin me

Yes we have a couple of long range drivers to fill holes on our driver chart. The first is the Ape. This is the XCaliber equivalent to a Boss. The second will be a slightly less stable Wraith like driver that will come in weights down to 158gms in Champion, Pro, or Star plastic.

The Ape is scheduled for release in April, I believe. The other disc, which doesn't have a name yet, will be after that.

Straight from Dave dunipaces mouth

I actually like that a bit. The boss is definitely the best 13 speed disc IMO. And it could use a bit more stability, should be able to get some awesome distance out of it.

How do you think this will compare to the PD2? I was under the impression that the PD2 was like a faster Xcaliber. With the Xcal at speed 12 wouldn't more speed put it at 13, or more like 12+?

I was planning on looking into getting a PD2 and it appears the APE should fill that role as well. I may need to audition them side by side and see which one performs.

I was just thinking this would be a sick DX stamp, but I was thinking more along the lines of...

ape.gif

Yeah, I have a great imagination.

People seem to think that Avery Jenkins is a large, gorillaesque person so..

Jenkins,%20Avery%20(flex).JPG

Edit: What are his stats? Height and weight I mean.