• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Newly PDGA Approved Discs

Certainly the new molds from the well established & distributed brands can get their own threads and concentrate the discussion. Hard to maintain a thread just to speculate on unreleased molds that a lot of folks may not be able to get. Some of the smaller brands have a single thread to group the information for their new molds/releases (Daredevil/Mint/RDG etc..).

Weird. The Vortex was already a Discraft disc.

picture.php

Yup it's the new sig disc. I am surprised discraft gave the name up, especially after selling out of the ESP eclipse they ran

Yup it's the new sig disc. I am surprised discraft gave the name up, especially after selling out of the ESP eclipse they ran

I wonder if Discraft did give the name up? We may see the name of Catrina's disc change. Since the Discraft Vortex seems to be out of production, it could be that DGA missed it when checking on active names. Vortex fits in with DGAs naming scheme (Tsunami, Hurricane, etc), so it could just be they missed Discraft using the name.

The pdga wouldnt have approved the disc without consent from discraft, there has been some drama in the past about the PDGA denying discs due to names... Tyler Brickley mentioned that discraft gave them the ok. These are already stampe and to team members as well.

Lol Metal Warrior!

It will sell better if people clearly know it's a old discmania model, but they are trolling hard with the naming schemes..

I love it!