• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] As of 2017, which putters most resemble the ZONE?

tu-f-o

Double Eagle Member
In terms of speed and stability.

I'm looking at any other companies.

From what I know, some include the sinus, suspect, and maybe verdict? (mid)

anything else as of late?

I've only owned 1 (Fuzion) Suspect, but it wasn't as overstable as a Zone. The Verdict is significantly faster/longer than a Zone. Premium plastic Harps might be comparable although I've never owned one so others might chime in there.

Prodigy A series is a good call. I've heard that the A1 and A2 are extremely overstable so maybe one of those would be similar.

The new DD Slammer is pretty close in flight. Very different in feel though.

Premium harps go nowhere. Start fading out halfway through the flight, I couldn't throw mine past 275 on a flat toss (I throw proxy/envy ~325) so I traded it. If you're looking fir something that goes way way way left and doesn't get very far doing it a harp is a good place to start.

Premium harps go nowhere. Start fading out halfway through the flight, I couldn't throw mine past 275 on a flat toss (I throw proxy/envy ~325) so I traded it. If you're looking fir something that goes way way way left and doesn't get very far doing it a harp is a good place to start.

must say i was shocked to not see the harp as the first answer. its the ONLY disc golf disc to compare to a zone, period. personally though i dont bag mine because it makes my games dull. too easy.

The closest are the VIP Harp and the 750?(whatever the clear Prodigy plastic is) A1.

I like the way Harps feel better and they taught me how to flick discs that aren't the most overstable in their categories.

Not as OS as the Zone, but the A1 isn't either.

Justice is the same stability I think, but a lot faster.

The Zone is definitely the closest... It's an oldie but a goody.

I was also surprised that Harp wasn't the first answer.

must say i was shocked to not see the harp as the first answer. its the ONLY disc golf disc to compare to a zone, period. personally though i dont bag mine because it makes my games dull. too easy.

BT Harp is where its at. I sold my ESP puddle top Zone that was money and got a couple BT hard Harps and they picked up right where the Zone left off. Zone still feels a bit better in hand but thats a personal thing

Before I threw Zones I was looking for the slowest beefy disc I could find for flick upshots. I had thrown the Pig but they were t available in premium plastic. The Rhyno is a big fave around here, but I haven't thrown that as much. Suspect is definitely comparable to the Zone. Also the DGA Breaker and Westside Harp.

yea suspect wasn't quite like a zone, but it was close back then.
A3 and A1? interesting.

harp, i've heard good things. doesn't Wysocki love those?

i like the pro d zone, so a beat in zone is the flight i'm looking for

is that the harp out the box? is the baseline harp good?

yea suspect wasn't quite like a zone, but it was close back then.
A3 and A1? interesting.

harp, i've heard good things. doesn't Wysocki love those?

i like the pro d zone, so a beat in zone is the flight i'm looking for

is that the harp out the box? is the baseline harp good?

The Harp is a Ricky favorite and it's like a beat premium Zone to start. The BT soft scuffs badly and the top will clover a bit of you hit trees but they somehow don't lose much stability no matter how bad they look. The BT Medium is similar, but the Hards actually lose some stability eventually. I have 5 Harps and the VIP and BT Soft are the most OS, then TP then BT Hard, and the Hard is the one I've used the least.

It's not flippy by any means, just not really OS anymore.

The Harp is a Ricky favorite and it's like a beat premium Zone to start. The BT soft scuffs badly and the top will clover a bit of you hit trees but they somehow don't lose much stability no matter how bad they look. The BT Medium is similar, but the Hards actually lose some stability eventually. I have 5 Harps and the VIP and BT Soft are the most OS, then TP then BT Hard, and the Hard is the one I've used the least.
It's not flippy by any means, just not really OS anymore.

This.

I have a BT Hard Harp and a TP Harp. Basically the only difference while they're fresh is the TP skips more than the BT Hard. Both very OS and little to no glide.

My Champ Rhynos had surprising glide, and are OS but not like the Harp.

Unfortunately, I haven't thrown a Zone.