• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

I found an old 150g omega AP 1.3 and it seems like it has a sandy/bumpy texture to it that I really like. I got an omega AP 1.11 in trade and its wicked slick. Is the texture of the old one just a result of being old and beat or was this a molding thing?

gratefuldisc said:
I found an old 150g omega AP 1.3 and it seems like it has a sandy/bumpy texture to it that I really like. I got an omega AP 1.11 in trade and its wicked slick. Is the texture of the old one just a result of being old and beat or was this a molding thing?
No. The Omega AP 1.3's had wickedly perfect putter plastic. Not floppy soft, but soft with a great grippy textured feel. They had two problems...one was that the 1.1's and 1.2's had a two color stamp. Starting with the 1.3's they dropped the second color from the AP stamp, and they all looked like x-out misprints. Also the Aviar Putt and Approach at the time was made from the same small bead Aviar mold. An Omega AP cost $10.00, the Avair Putt and Approach cost $7.00. A putter had to feel pretty damn good in the hand to get a disc golfer to pay $3.00 extra dollars for it in 1998 when $10.00 was as expensive as a golf disc got. So, the AP never developed the following it should have had, and eventually they changed the whole concept of the disc. The current AP's are nothing like the 1.3's.

up until 2005 or so, the AP used a bumpy more DX-like plastic

the run just before 1.11 (old stamp, no number) was the first to use a straight driver blend... the same Pro/Mill plastic that the drivers are made with

i think the 1.11s are nice and grippy once you get your fingers in em, but they could seem slick in a loose grip ... i like them for upshots more than putting. the old AP plastic was golden.

Ted Damson said:
up until 2005 or so, the AP used a bumpy more DX-like plastic

the run just before 1.11 (old stamp, no number) was the first to use a straight driver blend... the same Pro/Mill plastic that the drivers are made with

i think the 1.11s are nice and grippy once you get your fingers in em, but they could seem slick in a loose grip ... i like them for upshots more than putting. the old AP plastic was golden.

If I was to try and get my hands on an AP with similar feel to the 1.3 I found, where should I draw the line? 1.9 or earlier?

gratefuldisc said:
If I was to try and get my hands on an AP with similar feel to the 1.3 I found, where should I draw the line? 1.9 or earlier?
1.9 is a great limit. in fact all the APs in Team Reserve are 1.9s.

1.9s are nice bumpy, grippy plastic. still soft, but not as soft as Omega SS.
those can still be found in weights 172g and lower, but the heavy range ran out long before. the 1.9 number is marked in the stamp. all runs 1.1-1.9 are marked, to my knowledge. if a dealer has a no-run AP, it's a 1.10 with driver plastic.

Steady 26542 said:
I use the QOLF @ 175g. I normally throw 166g. I by no means have much of an arm either. The QOLF is my main headwind disc.

Bump on that. However, Steady's got a bigger arm than I do. :wink:

I just wanted to say thanks. I just discovered this forum last night. Yes, I did sit and read all 57 pages and they were very good info! I do have a question though. I have an Omega Driver that looks like a pink and blue peppermint dye job and I took the (?)99 pro dubs stamp off of it and I was wondering if anyone knew what run it was? If it's any help, it feels almost identical to the other one I have that has a snowflake stamp on it.....

welcome to the boards Bob, unfortunately I dont know shit about your question :? just wanted to say hey :)

No prob. thanks for making me feel welcome. I did stumble across something that may be of interest to a few on here....A pair of Polaris LS's in Q plastic....

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NEW-MILLENNIUM-QUANTUM-LS-GOLF-DISCS_W0QQitemZ110320640535QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDisc_Golf?hash=item110320640535&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

those look sweet! only 20 bones starting bid too, pretty sure those are strait CE if not a blend

unrelated to the topic but jager you have an awesome pic lol.

Now onto the topic at hand. I have thrown pretty much only innova since I started playing five years ago. I know nothing about Millennium discs so some info would be great. What are your different plastic types? My friend has a qjls (i think) and it looks like champ plastic. Is Q the name of your champion type line?

*** disclaimer : i don't represent the M company, just know stuff bout frisbees ***

- There were only a few runs of Omega Driver. A Proto and another two, maybe. Working Stiff might remember more, but seems like I've seen Proto, 1.1, and 1.2 . No clue which run a '99 stamp would be. With just the light fondling I've done of those, it seemed like the runs were pretty similar in feel, like KC plastic or hard DX. A couple pros I know who throw them don't seem to prefer any run over the others.

- Those Q-Polaris are sweeties! They're "final-run" CE. My buddies use them as Teebirds or more stable QJLS.

- Quantum plastic is the exact same thing as Champion. Whatever Champ and Q were run at the same time, those blends will be identical. The blend changes from time to time so Q will be just as all over the place as Champ, except that Champ is run and sold in much greater numbers so there is more variety on the shelf. In other words, the same run of a Q model will sit around for years, which might make it look more consistent.

- MILL plastics... they are all identical to Innova's regular plastic, just renamed. Same disclaimer, the blends evolve/change often.
Pro plastic = "Millennium" plastic
Soft Pro (like softer Pro Rhynos) = SuperSoft plastic (similar to but not identical to JK Aviar plastic)
Champ = Quantum
Star = Sirius
there's no DX-level in the MILL line

Ted Damson said:
- There were only a few runs of Omega Driver. A Proto and another two, maybe. Working Stiff might remember more, but seems like I've seen Proto, 1.1, and 1.2 . No clue which run a '99 stamp would be. With just the light fondling I've done of those, it seemed like the runs were pretty similar in feel, like KC plastic or hard DX. A couple pros I know who throw them don't seem to prefer any run over the others.
There was a 1.3 run. A '99 stamp is probably a 1.3, maybe a 1.2. It kinda depends on what blanks were on the shelf when they stamped them. The only run of Omega Driver I knew that people seemed to prefer were the Proto's, but that was more of a disc snob thing than anything to do with how the discs felt or performed.

I think I'm gonna break down and put my Omega Drivers away along with my Q Polaris Ls' when they get here :D :D :D

Picked up a QMS today and really like it. Seems to glide well. I was wondering if any of you throw the Sentinel? How does it fly compared to say a Drone??

Bangrrr Bob said:
Picked up a QMS today and really like it. Seems to glide well. I was wondering if any of you throw the Sentinel? How does it fly compared to say a Drone??
its a bit more glidey than a drone but just as beefy IMO (ive only thrown the Q

The Q-Sentinel is high speed stable and low speed very overstable. When thrown flat backhand righty it will fly for about two thirds of the flight on a rope and drop off very sharp to the left. When I started throwing all Innova/Millenium...I was looking for a Wasp replacement and the Q-Sentinel fit the bill. It's a great compliment to the QMS...especially when it starts blowing.

Does anybody out there like the Millenium Sirius plastic? Whenever I come across a Millenium thrower 90% of their bag is Q plastic. Why is that? What's wrong with Sirius. I was about to get a Sirius Sentinel one day and was advised that it was less overstable than the Q...so I went with the Q. What's the deal with Sirius plastic?

I throw a Sirius Sentinel and I love it. Particularly this time of year when the wind is blowing.

I imagine the Q is a little more overstable. Nothing worng with the Sirius stuff as far as I can tell.

BIG MACK said:
Does anybody out there like the Millenium Sirius plastic? Whenever I come across a Millenium thrower 90% of their bag is Q plastic. Why is that? What's wrong with Sirius. I was about to get a Sirius Sentinel one day and was advised that it was less overstable than the Q...so I went with the Q. What's the deal with Sirius plastic?

Latest posts