• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Athens, GA

Sadjo

* Ace Member *
I'll be spending a couple of days in Athens in two weeks at a convention. What's the best course(s) in Athens to play? It's only an hour and half from the house but I've never played a course in Athens.

I'll be there the March 23rd. Staying over somewhere in town the the 22nd. The only event at the convention I plan or have to attend is the student job fair at UGA. So I will have the night of 22nd and probably the night of the 23rd to get a round in.

Well there is really only 2 courses near athens to play. 1st being Sandy Creek Park which is top 10 in GA and def. best around athens. The other park is Herman C. Michael Park which is a lot closer to my house so I usually play it when theres not a lot of time. It is shorter and more beginner friendly. Since your coming March, you will have to get to sandy creek around 4 so that you can get a round in. They close the gate at 6 until April 1'st it switches. That park also cost $2 to park $1 to play. Worth it though. Herman C is fun because its so short. I work the 22 and 23 and wont be off til 5 but can usually get in a round or 2 at Herman C. before it gets to dark.

its not 27 holes. It was 23 holes until they removed hole 8 by the office, 22holes now.

Athens is only a hundred miles from the IDGC if you've got the time. If you don't Sandy Creek is worth checking out, but don't take my word for it. Just the other people who have mentioned in this thread before me.

Looks like my only free time will be the evening of March 23rd. Anyone in the Athens area want to meet up?

Shoot me a pm Sadjo...
There are some good courses nearby, as previously mentioned by whalaw :clap: