• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Atlanta, GA

JC AceHole

* Ace Member *
Hey guys,

I will be in Atlanta for a few days for work and I should have time to throw 1-2 rounds.

I will be flying in to ATL and am staying in Duluth, GA. Can anyone recommend the 1-2 must plays in this area? I don't mind driving a little bit but would rather keep it within about 30-45 minutes if possible.

Thanks!

Perkerson Park
North GA Canopy Tours
JP Mosely
Hobbs Farm
Little Mulberry Park
East Roswell Park

I can't give a definitive answer, but considering where Duluth is in relation to greater Atlanta, I'd think strongly about North Georgia Canopy Tours. You're on that side of town, and could get there with much less of the notorious Atlanta traffic.

I don't mind driving a little bit but would rather keep it within about 30-45 minutes if possible.

That'll get you about five miles from the hotel in Atlanta rush hour traffic. :doh:

If you're staying in Duluth, I would suggest hitting Little Mulberry Park and North Georgia Canopy Tours. That should keep you away from the traffic. I don't know if it's important to you or not, but I always enjoy seeing pros play courses, and if you search Ham and Hog 2016 for LMP and Hotlanta 2015 for NGCT you can see pros play these courses.

You'll also be pretty close to East Roswell Park, which I don't think is as good a course as either LMP or NGCT, but worth hitting up if you have some time.

That'll get you about five miles from the hotel in Atlanta rush hour traffic. :doh:

If you're staying in Duluth, I would suggest hitting Little Mulberry Park and North Georgia Canopy Tours. That should keep you away from the traffic. I don't know if it's important to you or not, but I always enjoy seeing pros play courses, and if you search Ham and Hog 2016 for LMP and Hotlanta 2015 for NGCT you can see pros play these courses.

You'll also be pretty close to East Roswell Park, which I don't think is as good a course as either LMP or NGCT, but worth hitting up if you have some time.

Thanks. I will be checking out the videos for sure. Ill prolly hit both of those courses up.

I know its the opposite direction but is there a shot in hell to play flyboy? or do you have to "know a guy" ?

It's a longshot, but the guy in one of those other threads (linked to above) managed it recently. I suggest you PM him, see if he can give you any guidance or contact info. Particularly, any guidance outside of this very pubic forum.

If it turns out, somehow, that you can play Flyboy, play Flyboy.

I've changed my opinion on this multiple times but I think Little Mulberry is my favorite course around here. It may not have the sheer length or challenge of Hobbs or Perkerson, but it's pretty close, and it's gorgeous with all the pines. There are a lot of tight lines but they're fair, and very makeable if you're on your game. There's good use of elevation and they change the pin placements to keep it fresh. I wish I didn't live over an hour away or I'd play here all the time.

I've changed my opinion on this multiple times but I think Little Mulberry is my favorite course around here. It may not have the sheer length or challenge of Hobbs or Perkerson, but it's pretty close, and it's gorgeous with all the pines. There are a lot of tight lines but they're fair, and very makeable if you're on your game. There's good use of elevation and they change the pin placements to keep it fresh. I wish I didn't live over an hour away or I'd play here all the time.

have you been following Frolfer Magizine 2020 Battle for Atlanta? LMP got knocked off by Redan and is now up against Hobbs for a spot in the Finals. I predict a Hobbs victory.