• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

Love: Opto Vision (first ace), Opto Striker
Liked: Sinus AP & Core

They have a good disc line up. If you have never tried them you don't knwo what you are missing. The Opto plastic is grippy, clear, and very sturdy.

My main issue with the Preds are the inner rim. It really sticks out to the point that it hurts my thumb when I release thumbers with it, and it's my main thumber disc. The Firebird had a much smoother rim, which I have heard the XXX is even smoother upon release.
I heard that too (on DGR), and so I bought an XXX. I haven't thrown it yet, but in my hand it doesn't seem any more (or less) comfortable than a Firebird. In fact, it really looks like an indestructible large-diameter Firebird.

I heard that too (on DGR), and so I bought an XXX. I haven't thrown it yet, but in my hand it doesn't seem any more (or less) comfortable than a Firebird. In fact, it really looks like an indestructible large-diameter Firebird.

I just got my XXX in the mail today, and I really like the look and feel of it! Unfortunately it's been snowing all day, and I had to work at 5pm so I wasn't able to give it a test run. It's really beefy looking, and the rim feels a lot like the Firebird. If this baby flies like it should, it's gonna kick those Predators right outta my bag!

I'd try a Buzzz before you try a Core.

eh I have a mako...I may buy a glo buzzz, but I'll wait till spring for that or until I've seen how long my stalker stays glowing. If I don't like how long the thing stays glowing and how visible it is over time I probably will skimp on a buzzz, unless I get one in a misprint pack if I ever get around to buying one.

Along with my recommendation of the XXX from earlier I've started throwing my Riot backhand, I always through it forehand before and now I backhand it and I like it a lot more.

Along with my recommendation of the XXX from earlier I've started throwing my Riot backhand, I always through it forehand before and now I backhand it and I like it a lot more.

What kind of results were you getting throwing the Riot forehand? I always had trouble getting a consistent release with it forehand.

What kind of results were you getting throwing the Riot forehand? I always had trouble getting a consistent release with it forehand.

you will have trouble getting a consistent release backhand to...unfortunately comes with the territory of a riot

I just pre-ordered by Goldline Core and in a moment of weakness, I also ordered the Halo, which I know nothing about.

Has anyone out there thrown a Halo yet? I wasn't sure if any had hit the market yet.

I just pre-ordered by Goldline Core and in a moment of weakness, I also ordered the Halo, which I know nothing about.

Has anyone out there thrown a Halo yet? I wasn't sure if any had hit the market yet.

Unless you are someone in the know nobody has thrown a Halo stateside yet. However according to an employee with Latitude its going to be Boss like. With the inner rim being tilted slightly more than the striker but much less than the Riot.

Sounds like a good disc as latitude tends to put out some good molds.

I was getting pretty good results. I was getting a lot of distance for my RHFH's with it but it would turn way more than I wanted to and wouldn't always fade as much so my accuracy forehanding the Riot wasn't great but I was getting some great distance. Seems a lot easier to get the hyzer flip throwing it forehand than backhand but for BH it seems to have less turn and fade, essentially flying straighter. As far as FH is concerned I like more overstable discs, more predictable and allows for more power.

I just tried mine some today and was curious enough to leave it in the bag for now.

Trident is a slower, slightly more overstable Max (in my opinion). Flight between Banshee & Max.

If you get in trouble and had no out except to punch through some small limbs this thing will do it. It has a seriously thick/blunt nose and is probably the disc(of many) I'd least like to get hit by.

So how does the Trident compare to the XXX? Similar speed control drivers, but the XXX is even more overstable than the Trident?

Got my new discs in the mail today, including two Goldline Halo and one Goldline Core. In the sunligt (what little we have here in the winter) the Core really looks like its made from liquid gold. Great feel and nice flight, have had a chance to throw the Halos yes because its snowing and they are pearl white..

Sorry for the ****ty pics

picture.php

picture.php

Soon, very soon I will own a few of those Cores. Once X-Mas is gone and my wife can't yell at me.

So now I have thrown the Gold Line Core for about 4 or 5 rounds. To me it seems less stable than my Opto. Has anyone else had the same experience? It is a nice disc, but I can get my Opto to hyzer more and handle more of a headwind.

Mine doesnt really hyzer or have fade at all, but thats why I have a Warrior. It is perfect for what I want it for which is, I put what I want or dont want on it, it hits a line and stays there with little to no fade, and doesnt really turn over on me at all.

Latest posts