• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

you will have trouble getting a consistent release backhand to...unfortunately comes with the territory of a riot

Contrary to what many others have said, I actually find that the tilted inner rim HELPS me get a cleaner release with my Riot backhand. Throwing it forehand it would always slip off my finger too early.

Contrary to what many others have said, I actually find that the tilted inner rim HELPS me get a cleaner release with my Riot backhand. Throwing it forehand it would always slip off my finger too early.

I actually love the tilted rim as well...but I'm a Lat64 fan boy so...I may be kind of biased.

Check out this sexy mofo!!!

I really dig the plastic as well. Tough like Star / Esp, but grippy like Pro / Elite X!!! I think I found my new Favorite plastic!!!

this thread definitely got me to buy some goldline plastic....
any one have opinions on the Riot vs. Surge?

why, oh why, do I feel the need to try yet another manufacturer? I don't throw well enough with the discs I have, this will change nothing but the size of my bank account (not the good way)

why, oh why, do I feel the need to try yet another manufacturer? I don't throw well enough with the discs I have, this will change nothing but the size of my bank account (not the good way)

It's the addiction to new plastic, I'm pretty sure everyone gets it and many can't get rid of it.

Would you guys recommend a gold-line vision in a heavier weight? I usually use 165's but was thinking of going up to 170 to get the disc a little more stable

this thread definitely got me to buy some goldline plastic....
any one have opinions on the Riot vs. Surge?

I prefer a Riot. The tilted rim is a plus as well as the better plastic.

Am more and more in love with my Goldline Core. Just locks on to a line and doesnt fade much at all. BH or FH, I was having success with it today.

now have a zero line spike and a gold line striker. absolutely in love with the spike. haven't thrown the striker much yet but my first impression is good. the only question is whether i'll like it enough to have it steal my teebirds' place in the bag (not likely).

anyone have any words about striker v. teebird?

The weather got better for a few days and melted all the tee pads here so i finally got to get out and rip my new opto Halo. I got it in 168g and it flies great! Can get a huge S out of it at full power I couldn't really get it to flip even into a strong headwind. I also like the striker a lot. It flies really similar to a Teebird. Both discs are awesome and fly very consistently.

Am more and more in love with my Goldline Core. Just locks on to a line and doesnt fade much at all. BH or FH, I was having success with it today.

Plaayed with my new GL Core Saturday for the first time, and I ditto Technohic's analysis. The Core was pretty close to the Squall in distance. Looks promising. Not to mention it really looks classy.

I have been using Lat64 discs for a while and absolutely love them. I recommend them to everyone. For anyone who hasn't tried it yet, just go to your local disc golf store and hold the Opto or Goldline plastic. You'll get hooked.

Here's what I have:

Opto Riot - Flies like a Surge only further
Opto XXX - I have actually been using this disc like a Flick for forehand shots and tomahawks
Opto Core - replaced my Buzzz
Opto Striker - replaced my TeeBird
Opto Trident - use for some forehanded shots. Haven't really found a place for it yet.
Opto Vision - I would say it is like a Valkyrie. Don't use it much anymore
Goldline Halo - Great disc. Very fast but amazingly easy to control.
Premiere Medius - Great for hyzer mid-range shots. Use the Core a lot more.
Premiere Mirus - Like it, but doesn't compare to the Riot or Halo. Don't prefer the domey top.

What I would like to try:

The putters (if any of them are like my Voodoo then I might switch)
Blitz
More discs in the new Goldline plastic (it is sweet)

Latest posts