• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Auzcar's ITB

I'm really really liking the FX-3 so far (only two rounds and some field work so far though...). I feel like it's a do it all disc that can take a good deal of power. I can hyzer flip it to dead straight, throw deep pushing hyzers, turnovers that pan forever, powered down S-shots or even straighter rollers. For my arm speed this is the most neutral driver I've thrown I think. Now I'm really intrigued by the FX-4....

The QOLF is doing well also, it's not blowing my mind but I like it better than the Anax so far. It's also performing really well on my FH, which I didn't expect.

I'm feeling good about my bag atm, there's a couple slots where I feel I have a couple or even a few options that I really like and need to pick one, but that's a luxury problem.

There's one spot though that I feel I'm missing, and always have to be honest, and that's the less stable hyzer flip bomber disc to complement my Destroyers. I've had a couple of Destroyer that have almost been beat in enough for this but sadly I lost them both, need something to fill this slot out of the box. I've traditionally thrown Wraiths and Trespasses in this slot and even though some of them have been the right stability they simply don't go as far as my Destroyers and not much further than my 9 speeds. I'm looking around for new molds to try right now, right now these are looking interesting:

Tern
Shryke
D3
Pharaoh

Bag atm:

Keystone

Gold Pure
Eclipse Envy
Zone

Fuse
Hex
Eclipse Reactor

Crave
FX-3
QOLF
Firebird x2
Flare

Wraith x2 (one money roller)
Destroyer x4

I have a MOLF and a FX-4 on order, will be fun to try. I also feel like I should stop buying discs, I have enough haha.

Feeling like cutting some molds in the bag again and just focusing on my game, this season have been very focused on trying discs and building the bag. I've learned things about my strengths and weaknesses and now it's time to lean on them (not the weaknesses obviously... although that's what seems to happen most of the time haha).

I think it's time to actually analyze my experiment and narrow down my bag for a while based on what discs and shots I tend to lean on since I really think my game would benefit from some simplicity. Maybe I will find myself in situations where I don't have the perfect disc for the job, but I think throwing a disc I throw a ton and know in and out instead of a disc that's right for the job but I throw once every other round will be beneficial. Based on what I've learned about my game so far these are my thoughts.

THROWING PUTTERS:
I basically have two main shots I lean on; the overstable FH approach and the dead straight BH drive. I think I can accomplish this with my Zones and my Envies and it's a nice bonus that the Eclipse Envy is so overstable. I don't really need an US/turnover putter, 99% of the time I'm choosing a FH.

MIDS:
I basically only use my mids to throw straight, but I use that shot a lot. Mostly it's a Hex/Buzzz but sometimes I want something that finishes a bit more, or for a straight shot in the wind. For that I've been liking the Eclipse Reactor. Anything more overstable ornunderstable than that seems to not get used a lot.

DRIVERS:
I find fairway and distance drivers the hardest part to settle on and I've sort of started to look at all the drivers as a group and not divide them. These are the shots I lean on and need in my bag.

- I want something very overstable and glideless as this is my most used slot in the bag (except putting). Atm I bag both the Flare and a couple of Firebirds, I will be looking to cut this down to one mold.

- A neutral hyzer flip disc that I can thread the woods with, 7-10 speed. It's a toss up between the FX-3, Era and Undertaker atm, I just need some more time with them. The Crave, although I love it, is too understable for this slot and the slightly wider rims of the others sits better in my hand.

- A moderately overstable distance driver that goes straight a fades reliably. I get most power when throwing flat or on a slight anny and thus like flexing when throwing distance, I also like to trust and play the fade since this is most consistent for me. The Destroyers works super well for me and I lean on them a lot, recently I have even found them great to power down on in some situations.

This is where I feel I could stop, but maybe still would benefit from a couple more discs.

- A straight to fade, moderately overstable 8-10 speed fairway driver. I can cover a lot of these shots with the Reactor and the Destroyer, but there's a pretty significant distance gap between them. And between the Firebird/Flare and the FX-3/Era/Undertaker there's a pretty significant gap in stability. Basically if I want a straight to fade BH, straight in the wind, a straighter FH etc but can't reach it with the Reactor and the Destroyer would have too much movement. This is a slot that still seem to get used quite a bit for me and this is where I would lean towards either the QOLF (a bit glidier and longer) or the Volt (a bit shorter but more predictable).

- A roller disc. Only used for rollers basically. Haven't explored this too much, atm it would be an Essence. Would prefer something faster though.

I played a competition this weekend and shot one really bad round and one decent. The star of the bag was definitely the Flare, I didn't throw one bad shot with it and parked a lot of upshots and drives, all FH. I need to throw it some more for my BH to see if I can maybe remove the Firebirds, or simply just remove the Firebirds and see what happens. Right now the Flare is used 90% for FH and the Firebird is 100% for BH.

Threw some good shots with the Electron Envy as well, the new one is starting to show some more flip up already which is nice. Threw some great Destroyer drives and the putting was okay.

I shanked six drives OB in the first round though, most in the whole field... It's hard to score well when you do that.

2x Keystone
2x Envy
2x Zone

2x Hex
1x Reactor

1x FX-3
1x QOLF
2x Flare

4x Destroyer

2x Keystone
2x Envy
2x Zone

1x Buzzz
1x Reactor

1x Crave
1x Undertaker
1x Era
1x FX-3
2x OLF
2x Flare

4x Destroyer

Trying to decide what I want to bag in the neutral/slightly understable fairway slot.

I'm having a hard time deciding on what to bag in the neutral/slightly understable fairway slot, there's a lot of options and ways of doing it. I like them all and can see bagging any of them or maybe two of them. I think the Crave and the Era could be a great pairing and the Undertaker or FX-3 could handle it better if I'm only going one mold in this slot. I might bag them all for a while and see what I tend to grab more, as well as doing some field work.

Thought it would be fun but ended up shooting my best round in 3 months at my home course.

Keystone (putting only)
Justice
Flare
Destroyer (beefiest one I own)

Long live the flex!

Recently acquired a Star Tern to compliment my Destroyers, mainly for right finishing shots, hyzer flips and rollers. The first few throws were promising, but need to test it some more, it might be too flippy.

I think I'm gonna go all in on the OLF. My MOLF have already seasoned a bit to where it's very straight, it flips up from a small hyzer and rides dead straight with a small fade in the end. I can quite easily thrown big panning annies as well, it's very shapeable. The QOLF compliments this nicely and is much more trustable in the open.

This is pretty much removing the need for an Undertaker/FX-3/Era disc. This would make my fairway lineup look like this:

Crave
OLF's
Firebird's
Flare's

I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep both the Firebird and the Flare in the bag yet, they are of course very similar but I also throw them both a lot. The Flare is just straight up insane glideless beef, I can put it on a roller angle into a headwind and it will still finish with a spike, but I can't throw it further than 100m. The Firebird is a bit more workable and longer and I can get it out to around 115m on a slight flex.

I think I'm gonna go all in on the OLF…

This would make my fairway lineup look like this:

Crave
OLF's
Firebird's

This is my exact fairway lineup and it's felt great since I switched from Undertakers. I like to also have something 9 speed and more understable than my MOLF in the bag but it's not super necessary with a flippy Crave- I just like the option available when I'm not throwing well since it's a comfort shot for me.

This is my exact fairway lineup and it's felt great since I switched from Undertakers. I like to also have something 9 speed and more understable than my MOLF in the bag but it's not super necessary with a flippy Crave- I just like the option available when I'm not throwing well since it's a comfort shot for me.

Great minds think alike! Yeah my hopes is that my MOLF will pretty soon be about the same stability as the Era/FX-3/Undertaker and then I feel I'm all set. If I want to shape a shot to the right from a flat or hyzer release I'm reaching for the Crave most of the time. If I do end up bagging another fairway it will most likely be the Era since it's a bit longer than the OLF's and Craves.

2x Keystone
2x Envy
1x Pig
2x Zone
1x Uplink
2x Reactor
1x Crave
3x OLF
1x Firebird
1x Flare
1x Tern
3x Destroyer

Haven't played too much lately due to moving to a new appartment, among other things.

Attachments

• flight ratings (2).jpg
    flight ratings (2).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 17
Trying out the Anax vs the QOLF atm. The Anax is flatter and a bit more overstable, which I like. I really do prefer flat discs, they sit so much better in my hand.

I keep losing my beat in Destroyers... The Tern have been absolute money for the flippy slot and I've actually been using it a lot, it's great for distance rollers or hyzer flips in a tailwind. I'd like something inbetween the Tern and my least overstable Destroyers, basically something that flips up and rides straight in tunnels. I've lost at least four beat in Destroyers that filled this slot only this season and I need a backup that works out of the box, as of roght now I don't have a disc that fills this rather important slot. I liked the Enigma and might just go with a new one of those, or I might shop around.

Bag right now:

Attachments

• flight ratings (3).jpg
    flight ratings (3).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 14
I think the Envy's are coming out of the bag. I really like the flight of them but I'd rather reach for a mid for most of the Envy shots and I feel like I'm missing a glidier putter for touchier finesse shots. Will probably put the Rekos in for a couple rounds and see how it goes.

I think the Envy's are coming out of the bag. I really like the flight of them but I'd rather reach for a mid for most of the Envy shots and I feel like I'm missing a glidier putter for touchier finesse shots. Will probably put the Rekos in for a couple rounds and see how it goes.

This is the exact reason I took them out of my bag. Loved them for driving putters but I would consistently blow by the basket on up shots. Didn't have the distance control with them I wanted.

This is the exact reason I took them out of my bag. Loved them for driving putters but I would consistently blow by the basket on up shots. Didn't have the distance control with them I wanted.

It's a great driving putter but it's not the greatest at what I mostly use putters for...

Latest posts