• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Average Drive of DGCR throwers

The way I understand it, distance is proportional to your post count.:D

BigSky: 1669 posts, averages 250.

throwmorethanyoutalk (Nikko Locastro): 3 posts, can throw a country mile.

I think you're onto something! :D

My average drive depends highly on the course I am playing. There's a local pitch and putt course where my average drive is about 150'

My most common distance for my course is about 290-300. I can push it further than that, usually never have to. I prefer the accuracy over distance approach

My friend and I actually have a running joke that whenever someone has a Grip EQ bag on the course, they're probably a noob flicking Bosses about 150 feet sidearm. I see way more noobs with nice equipment than skilled players with nice equipment.

I thought about getting a grip bag but decided I would probably miss the times where I 1 shoulder the back straps lol

imo grip eq bags are less comfortable on my back than a regular bag. my revo and my voodoo mojo feel super comfy with quads, but the grip is just a huge brick resting on your whole back. that's what I experience.

imo grip eq bags are less comfortable on my back than a regular bag. my revo and my voodoo mojo feel super comfy with quads, but the grip is just a huge brick resting on your whole back. that's what I experience.

The grip has to be cinched up tight to be comfortable, then it's hard to get the arms out lol. I prefer carrying my zulu (giant bag) or my Double nutsac (small bag) instead of the Grip. The Straight Jacket straps from voodoo disc golf are WONDERful. :D

*cough* Mike C *cough*

Ok, but mike is the exception, there's always one! I got right between nikko and big sky in posts and distance. I think this theory is the real deal.

Inb4 massive post deletion happens in effort to throw farther :\

When I first started I cared about how far I could throw. Now, I only care about how far I can throw with control. I probably average about 275. On most courses, that ok. I would like to have that control around 325, but I'm just not that serious of a player.

my longest (flat field)measured throws are an honest

330 driver
265 mid
195 putter

of course I have had numerous throws on the course in the 840 foot range uphill with a headwind

We just built a driving range at the park.
it has a pole (soon to be baskets) at 200' 300' and 400'
Its been very eye opening for a lot of people.
My average is 225-275
I have only been playing 1 year, and running up about 3 months.
I am only just now, able to throw as far, running up as standing still at the front of the box!
I hope to work through my form issues and start driving past 300' for average (instead of max)

I wish this existed near me. I guess I just need to go out with some buddies and a Range Finder and see what we can measure.

i've been throwing 600, but no witnesses or video :(

We all believe you.

The best guess for me is somewhere around 400'. I've never gone out and measured, it's hard to find a place like that with all the trees here. The last hole on my home course is a flat, controlled, semi-tunnel shot at 378' which they just lazered the distance. I park it more often than not.

I throw about 325 to 350 right now cause I'm coming off a ACL knee reconstruction surgery.

Also sometime I throw 20ft in front of me right into the ground.

I played Idlewild recently with 2 people from this site. On the 1000' hole my second shot was about 40' past the 600' mark. So one of my throws was 340' and one was 300' (like the others in the group agreed) or 2 of them were 320'.

So at 55 years old I have 2 witnesses for a 340' shot on flat land. I'll take that. :D