• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Average Drive of DGCR throwers

There is a local guy here that loves to post videos online and tell everyone that he throws 500' easy, and a few times he has said he is throwing 650'+. We had a distance competition at a tournament recently and I think he came in around 440' with his fancy 360 drive. It was hilarious. Even after that he is still blowing up Facebook telling everyone that he throws well over 500', yet it seems no one has ever seen it.

I'm a noodle arm, with my longest being about 400 and my average being about 300-330 golf distance. I don't really care enough about internet people's opinions to lie about my distance, I know it's probably my biggest weakness on the course. I'm still one of the top players in my city even though I'm barely in the top 5 as far as Max D goes. My approach to the game and accuracy putting saves me far more strokes than an extra 50 feet will give me.

People just don't measure, .....

I don't think it's as much malice as it is a denial of reality. I don't think many people are throwing on football fields and just deciding..."well, I'll say 450". I think they see a disc go really far and assume it has to be 450'.

Measuring is the hardest part for sure. Even most holes are poorly measured on the course. I keep meaning to buy a measuring wheel to re-measure courses around me, and see what they are compared to what's on the signs.

I try to base all my "distances" as based off the hole. So if i say 400' its because i was about 25' long on a 375' marked hole, etc. Or whatever the shot is.

Currently, my distance is down right now, about 50' off my normal full power golf distance. And only 2 months until BG Ams. Gotta get both golf distance and Max D distance up to personal bests for that.

About 350' hyzers, that's how I measure my distance cuz it's most consistent. I still reach holes near 400' quite a bit but have to let my disc play quite a bit and am not very accurate that way. But this year I'm moving to speed 2 disc so we'll see how that goes:)

I'm at an average of 350 and have flirted with 400 - 415 a few times now. I've given up on trying to drive farther and work on putting. I think it's more impressive to hit every putt at 75' than someone who can drive 600'.

Pushing toward 350....Nice and controllable 300 to 325...Trying to get the distance through form improvements.

Uhg, talk about dissapointment. I played over the weekend and brought my hand-held Garmin hiking GPS with topo to measure the "short" holes at Bud Pell. Hole #3 is a pretty long flat, and wide open field. I've always estimated it to be right around 375-400. Closest I've ever got to it was about 20' to the pin with a 159 Air Bolt on a huge S line. God I was stoke thinking I maxed out around 350'! GPS distance box to pin? 342'. Looks like my average is right around 300' and max 320'. Soo hoping my GPS was off. No matter what, goal for the year is 400' and on a great note I parked my new GL Pain on a difficult tunnel shot (#6 271' downhill hard dogleg left). Thanks for the advice on that pickup guys!

you chumps are still measuring in ft? hahaha. Step up to the big leagues and start throwing miles.....still 3 putt inside the circle though....

I don't even think about breaking out the Buzzz til 400', and the TB til 500'! Everything else is well within range of my Polecat. Jokes aside my best drives weren't much longer than 350' last year lol.

330ft average. I've gotten out to 360 on a few occasions from my imaginary tee pad in my back yard to my field. My goal is to hit my barn this summer, 400ft. I hit a horse this past summer but that only got me yelled at by the wife.