• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Average Drive of DGCR throwers

275' - 300' on average. Longest throw ever may have clipped 350'. If I could consistently hit 350' I would die a happy man. If you can drive 350' on average, have a good short game and can putt you will own just about any course.

I'd say I average around 300-325 feet.
I would go with that. I measured one throw in a baseball field at around 380 +/- 10' but it was one those let rip without any worries type throw. I have reached some 350' holes on local courses but that is the exception and not the rule for sure.

I think most people are reluctant to mention their max/golf distances separate. My wide open longest max distance is probably around 320-340. However, my average golf distance is more around 260-275.

(Of course, this is all for on flat ground. I've thrown 400-450 on a downhill.)

350 is pretty easy D for me. 400 or so is my max golf D right now(not every throw for sure). Might could hit some bigger lines out in the wide open but I really don't try that too much. Also just started flirting with the power grip again and my distance game is getting better. I had only been using a fan grip for a very long time and about 370-390 was all I could get out of my PDs. Now that I've finnally found a high speed driver that I like in the GL Halo we might be getting somewhere.

Last edited:
People just don't measure, that's the real problem. I'm a runner and people used to say that running 7 minute miles for a half marathon was easy when most of them were tubsters and couldn't do a 10 minute mile.

I don't think it's as much malice as it is a denial of reality. I don't think many people are throwing on football fields and just deciding..."well, I'll say 450". I think they see a disc go really far and assume it has to be 450'.

To be honest, if I get a clean rip on a sword on an open hole, I've hit 400 a few times. Average I'd say is 350-375. For FH I'd say 375-400. This is based off of a 380' hole that I don't have an open line on and I can park pretty consistently with a Cannon, sword, or hysteria with a FH.

This is the internet so 800' on a straight line, or 1200' on a nice gentle S curve.

Or 250-300'. I think my max ever was about 350 on flat land with an Ape into a huge headwind that just held it up there forever.

Gonna be trying hard to improve that number before BG ams.

I practice on a football field(marked) and what I notice most is that my form and the distance I get from said form is two weeks ahead of my form and distance on the course, if not a month ahead. This goes for putting as well. I can consistently make putts from the edge of the circle at my home basket, but put me 20' away from a birdie on any given course and I'm lucky to make 80% of them.

Thread has devolved into everyone posting how far they can throw.

Yeah. I could throw only throw 300' until I found this site. Suddenly I was closing in on 400'. Then I went back outside, and was back under 300'.

Reading these comments has bolstered my confidence! I'm around 275-290 on average, makes me feel better knowing not everyone on here is throwing 375+.

Everytime I read someone with average of 400 without problem I'm always skeptical. But seriously yes you may be able to throw 450 with a giant flip but can you keep it straight and level for 250 through the trees and then birdie putt from 25?

I only use football goal posts to estimate D. Soccer fields vary too much, so I only estimate those Ds when practicing.

In a classic case of great timing, I've improved form and added D slowly since last summer, AND my AJ *Destroyer has recently moved into the sweet spot for me.

I'm averaging about 350-375 with it, and I might just tickle 400-415, maxed out. On a flat, hard, late fade throw, I can easily get it to about 385. I can maybe 1 out of 10 get my *Katana out to maybe 425 max, but I'm real inconsistent with that thing right now.

The short answer is, far enough. I don't really feel that I need any more D than I have, rather I need to put it where I want it more often, and of course learn to putt.

400 ft of D is great and all, but it's the last 30 ft that get you.

yeah i tend to say i can throw 450 but that is more of a stars lining up kinda thing. i think i can throw 375 without a crazy distance line throw.

i've seen two guys throw 600 and it was amazing sadly i don't think i will ever throw that far!

May as well post your average Hammer. What are you at, honestly. 400 average?

I try not to get into these discussions anymore. To find the average I would have to average the length of all the holes I play. I can't think of any holes locally that I can't reach. I don't go out at try to throw max distance shots in fields and measure them. I can say with certainty that I am well over 400'.

Latest posts