• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar p&a

This is a disc golf website; why don't we talk about Aviars more than we do?

People need their shiny new things?

I think at least some people who throw aviars, just buy a stack and never look back...putter talk on here, from what I've seen, is usually for the "seekers"...and not the "finders." :)

Not much to post about if you're content with your putters...

"Well, made another random putt today! Good job putter I use on every hole!"

I've been slowly migrating away from my main Wizard that's about 8 years old at this point and started bagging a Dx Classic Aviar. It's got about a year or so of part time use on it and it's a beautiful flyer and putter. It's starting to become the putter I reach for most for throwing and putting.

I cycle my dx p&as like rocs. Two in the bag at all times. One beat super straight, one fresher for off the tee.

The stack of backups all perfectly seasoned in the practice basket.

Unless the plastic degrades over time, I plan on never buying another putter...

I cycle my dx p&as like rocs. Two in the bag at all times. One beat super straight, one fresher for off the tee.

The stack of backups all perfectly seasoned in the practice basket.

Unless the plastic degrades over time, I plan on never buying another putter...
There is a funny thing with plastics. The really good durable plastic seems to degrade faster. Cheap DX seems to last longer. I think you are set. :|

I think it's already been a decade or more and I can't tell any discernible difference! :cool:

I do wonder what % of the market Aviars have anymore. There is no way of knowing, but it still seems to sell well. It can't possible have as big a share of the market as it did when Aviars and Magnets were about it so far as putters went, but it still seems to be somewhat popular despite us never talking about it.

I do wonder what % of the market Aviars have anymore. There is no way of knowing, but it still seems to sell well. It can't possible have as big a share of the market as it did when Aviars and Magnets were about it so far as putters went, but it still seems to be somewhat popular despite us never talking about it.

You still see Dx Aviars at places like Academy and Dick's so they still have a decent enough reach. They now share space with DD's putters though :sick:

I've got a nice XT in my bag and can't see it going anywhere. I love the feel of that plastic and it's perfect when I need something a little straighter with a little more glide than the Wizard.

Based on the fact that all the max weight dx factory seconds get gobbled up in like 5 minutes I'm assuming they are still popular

Needing a glow disc, I realised that I never did ever get around to buying an Aviar, and so last week I picked up a glow Aviar. I can definitely see what all of the love for this disc is about.

You still see Dx Aviars at places like Academy and Dick's so they still have a decent enough reach. They now share space with DD's putters though :sick:

I see a lot of Star Aviar P&As at Dicks. They had five beauts the last time I was there and I actually held off on buying any as I have too many backups already. I still throw DX and Star P&As, Star BB drivers, and putt with JKs. I've never had a bag without Aviars in it.

I thought if I was going to try to putt with the 'ol Billy Baroo I should go all the way and just bag Aviars for a bit. The candidates:

picture.php

167g, 6/10. This thing actually bombs with a tailwind. I liked driving with it, I never loved it for putting. I think it was the second Aviar I owned.

picture.php

173g, 7/10. '93 Huntsville World's Shuttle Putter. Still pretty stable, putts well. The stamp is pretty much intact and I'd be a dipsh*t if I messed that up. :|

picture.php

174g, 7/10. Aviar, Omega...same thing. :| Putts really well, feels really good in the hand.

picture.php

172g, 5/10. For a long time after I stopped throwing Aviars I drug this thing around and threw it at baskets where there was a high chance of losing it because I didn't care what happened to it. Then I never lost it. Now it's a nice old beat Aviar.

picture.php

173g, 5/10. I have no recollection of this putter. I was kinda surprised to see it as I don't recall it, but it's really beat. It appears to be the most beat-in Aviar I have. I remember playing a lot of glow golf and evidently this was my glow putter. Who knew?

picture.php

170g, 8/10. It was brand new and was just getting in the rotation when I got the World's Biggest Aviar; it ended up out of the bag and is very lightly used.

picture.php

164g, 8/10. It's really pretty. I didn't throw it for long. Even in my 167ish g days, it was pretty light.

I'm gonna drag them all out this weekend and see what flies.

I was witness to 3putt's throw that broke that disc, and the taker of that picture. :D
If I had known I had that other putter I would have rather broken it; the one that broke was a big bead. :(

But...this isn't a big bead Aviar thread. :|

I vote the Omega, that thing looks like pure butter.
The Omega (unless it's flippier than it looks) should be a good candidate for a seasoned putter to go with the more beat World's Biggest putter. Then I COULD go in the stash and break out an unthrown small bead like this one:

picture.php

I have A LOT of small beads that just never got thrown.

I also have a lot of yellow putters. :\ Weird.

I've recently switched from Yeti Aviars to P&A in the Nexus plastic for putting. Leave it to me fall in love with the exotic plastic. Regardless they're the most fun to throw and I feel more confident in the circle. The Nexus almost have a very slight puddle top which may explain why I transitioned easily from the Yeti. Do the Nexus still count as a P&A? I think they must. Either way there's nothing better than hyzer flipping a laser with one and having your card mate ask, "What disc is that?"

Last edited: