• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar Talk

Which Aviar is the best?

• DX

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Champion Edition

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Aviar-X JK

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • KC Aviar

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Other (aviars I don't know about)

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters

Noel757

So I've back into the sport hardcore. Non-aviar P&P users your input is welcome, but i'm looking for Aviar users here. I will never switch off the aviar in my life again. It is the best putter in my opinion. But what version do you use & why. I'm very interested in the Aviar-x, have considered the KC, what about the Champion edition?

I like the JK because it's soft but not floppy and more durable. It is basically a SS Wizard but a tiny bit more stable and a tiny bit more durable. It is great for short drives (up to 240' for me).

I started using an Aviar for putting and really loved it until I won a Pro Pig at a local tournament. I'm using the Pig almost exclusivley now and think it's the best put and approach disc on the market. The Pig is one hell of a putter in wind conditions too!

I voted for the dx Aviar P&A. I like the way it feels in the hand and the plastic isn't to stiff. I'm hoping that they will release it in the R Pro plastic in the future.

KC or JK. The bead makes them more stable and handle winds and drives better. They also seem much more consistent for long jump putts and very predictable in the circle.

I voted KC, but the JK is also a great putter.

KC or JK. It depends on if you like soft putter plastic or not. I don't, so I voted KC. But that is just a matter of personal preference. Both are the Big Bead mold, which makes them a bit more overstable and predictable.

The Aviar Driver is also the Big Bead in Star plastic. It's nice as an approach disc and short-range driver, but I don't like the feel of Star for putting. Again, that is just personal preference. I have not seen the new Champ Aviar, so I don't know if it is the Big Bead or Beadless mold. Again, I'm not all that hep on the feel of Champ for putting, but if it's the Big Bead I'll pick some up for approach shots and short drives and save the wear and tear on my KC's.

You forgot star (used in cold/wet/snowy weather) which I would rate second after the KC aviar. I have been using only aviar since I started almost 9 years ago. I used a wizard at one time and got my first ace with the prototype but just loved the aviars. I go back and forth between star and KC but am partial like I said to KC. All are great though.

i've been putting with the same jk for years and its great for anyhyzers. have a newer one that is still good and stable..my older one has the look and feel of a ju-ju?(you can see my personally made "thumbtrax"). i lost it once and nearly wept, but it was returned by a fellow golfer that gave it the nickname "lumpy"..

aviar

the star plastic wont give you the control over spin/rotation of the disc like the jk plastic gives you. i switched from star to the jk plastic last summer and it was a huge difference when final scores were tallied. i saved about 2-5 strokes per round using the jk plastic.

Warning: Thread Tangent

I cast my vote for Star.....it's the only one I've tried

That reminds me of a bit the WMMS Buzzard Morning Zoo did a long time back where they had Mr. Leonard reviewing the Oscar nominated movies and making his picks. IIRC, he kept picking the same one movie... because it was the only one he'd seen.

ERic

I'm hoping that they will release it in the R Pro plastic in the future.

what i've read is the aviar p&a r-pro will be one of the next discs they release...too bad i just bought a SSS wizard...

I personally love the DX Aviar P&A (175g). I love the way they break in, very consistent in my opinion. I love the grip I get when they get worn in. I've used the JK in the past. I was into the floppiness at one point but have since gone back to my old standby.

I employ the same process that many roc throwers use with my A P&A's. I get a few going at different levels of wear. I usually putt with the most worn aviar P&A in my bag and also use it for anhyzers. Straight off the shelf, I can get a lot more distance and consistent stable flight that works great for approaches and shorter dogleg left shots.

I bought a star Aviar P&A recently but stopped using it because I didn't like how it felt in my hand and coming out of my hand. I did pick up a friend's worn in star Aviar P&A recently, and liked how it felt. I think I will add my star P&A to my putting practice bag to get it worked in a bit then will use it for approaches and tight shots.

I use the JK and love it. The softer plastic just gets better as it gets more beat. They're great putters when new, but really shine when they]re thrashed.

Thanks for the input guys keep it comin, I presently use dx's I own oh about 30 of them (won thru tourny's). but they are all 10 years old or older ( I stopped playing competitively for about 5 years). My puttings been lacking presently & I feel like its the oldness of the discs. I havent invested in any newer plastic, but I just dont wanna waste my money as an aviar user. Also if your a pro mention it. I play pro even tho my putting is still a little weak, but it used to be my putting that was my savior, I guess time changes everything. but then again maybe the fact that all my putters I own are 10 years old at least (& spent years in the outside elements) have rotted away. Either way Good discin Guys!!!

I've been using the same First Run Glo Aviar since I started playing 10 years ago. I haven't found anything close. The JK Aviars are almost there. The best alternative I've found are the D Challengers. They have the perfect bead and fly very similar to my glo.