• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

Who gives a crap about the name? I'd throw the "Monkey Poo" if it flew 500'! If we want to discuss bad names how about these: Yikun DaE, Jun, or Claws, DKG Hail Mary, Crosslap Lucky, or anything by Prodiscus where they take a word and stick a random vowel on the end of it? I'll admit Crave isn't the worlds best name but it's nowhere near the worst name of all time.

I would LOVE to have a Monkey Poo. How awesome would it be to chain the winning putt and look at your friends and say "Yeah I just kicked your a** with Monkey Poo". :p

Btw, the last "weird" vocals in Prodiscus discs' names have a logic and make them finnish words. Joker in finnish is Jokeri, Legend in finnish is Legenda, and so on.

What is slaidi?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/slaidi

this offers the only explanation i find feasible, though it apparently is latvian. i suppose a lot of european countries share commonalities in their languages, so it's possible? sorta like all the slavic countries having different official languages yet sounding strikingly similar . . .

Adjective

slaidi
nominative plural masculine form of slaids

Adverb
slaidi
slim, straight,slimly, straightly; adverbial form of slaids

back on target, i think crave is lame, but it's cool. it just reminds me of the wannabe high-class restaurant. they're fairly mediocre.

Last edited:
Who gives a crap about the name? I'd throw the "Monkey Poo" if it flew 500'! If we want to discuss bad names how about these: Yikun DaE, Jun, or Claws, DKG Hail Mary, Crosslap Lucky, or anything by Prodiscus where they take a word and stick a random vowel on the end of it? I'll admit Crave isn't the worlds best name but it's nowhere near the worst name of all time.

Previously i've never cared about the name of a disc, but like I said...this is the worst name i've ever heard. When someone asks me what i threw on that shot, i would feel like a complete tool saying.."oh that was my new crave." "your what??" "....crave..":|

Previously i've never cared about the name of a disc, but like I said...this is the worst name i've ever heard. When someone asks me what i threw on that shot, i would feel like a complete tool saying.."oh that was my new crave." "your what??" "....crave..":|

I think you need to research some truly bad named discs.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=817944
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97046

Your last line can have any disc inserted and sound dumb. we play disc golf!

Last edited:
If you don't like the name, get a no-stamped version. It'll still have the name on the overmold for easy ID purposes, but save you any potential ridicule from your shallow and trivial disc golfing friends. ;-)

Judge a disc on it's performance in YOUR hands, rather than name.
Don't knock it till ya try it!

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/slaidi

this offers the only explanation i find feasible, though it apparently is latvian. i suppose a lot of european countries share commonalities in their languages, so it's possible? sorta like all the slavic countries having different official languages yet sounding strikingly similar . . .

Adjective

slaidi
nominative plural masculine form of slaids

Adverb
slaidi
slim, straight,slimly, straightly; adverbial form of slaids

back on target, i think crave is lame, but it's cool. it just reminds me of the wannabe high-class restaurant. they're fairly mediocre.

"Slaidi" is a finnish slang word from the english word "Slide". Slide is pronounced slaid and we have just put the i to the end.

When finnish people talk about mid-range discs we rarely call them "mid-range" discs, we rather use a shorter word "midari". So that's where the MIDARi's name comes from.

LASERi and RESPECTi have the same logic as LEGENDa.

Lol, this went a little off-topic but I couldn't resist to make things clear.

I'll never understand people that worry about the name of a disc or how other people who like the disc talk about it when deciding what plastic to fill their DG bags with.

Wonder what the stability and rim width on the Crave will be. Maybe we'll be looking at an MVP Teebird style disc? They haven't gone that route yet.

I'll never understand people that worry about the name of a disc or how other people who like the disc talk about it when deciding what plastic to fill their DG bags with.

Wonder what the stability and rim width on the Crave will be. Maybe we'll be looking at an MVP Teebird style disc? They haven't gone that route yet.

so then its confirmed that the finns just add random vowels at the end of words.

Lol not random, it's just the weird finnish language. :D

I personally don't care what name a disc has. But back to the topic.. maybe Crave will be something uber OS or US? Now they have pretty well the "middle" section covered.

I feel like if MVP was going to pump out a Teebird-esque disc, they would do it under the MVP banner, just because the Teebird is a classic disc and they would want that style under the flagship brand.

At the same time, MVP has taken a lot of effort to make their molds unique, so there could be some logic that says "Put the Teebird clone out via the side brand."

I just convinced myself of nothing. :doh:

I feel like if MVP was going to pump out a Teebird-esque disc, they would do it under the MVP banner, just because the Teebird is a classic disc and they would want that style under the flagship brand.

At the same time, MVP has taken a lot of effort to make their molds unique, so there could be some logic that says "Put the Teebird clone out via the side brand."

I just convinced myself of nothing. :doh:

Well, I agree with the first paragraph. The two discs that have come out for Axiom are very pleasant but nothing drastic. I feel like something between the servo and switch is coming at around a speed 7. Someone mentioned starter set, and that would be it.

Spend months and months perfecting an MVP teebird and just come right out and call it the MVPbird.

See if that rustles some feathers. (you see what I did there? DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!!?!!??!)

What if the disc was called the sex offender or dandruff shampoo or something else terrible?

I can already see this stamp on a white core/blue rimmed Crave
th

you people obsess over disc and stamp colors, and now youre gonna pretend its ALLLL about how the disc flies? puh lease k bye