• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I hate ions for putting in the wind. it doesn't sound like these are much better.

ions aren't great in the wind. Just waiting for an MVP putter that will hold up a little better. Okay or still confused?

ions aren't great in the wind. Just waiting for an MVP putter that will hold up a little better. Okay or still confused?

I think he wanted you to say "I struggle with Ions in the wind" because Ions are very good in the wind for a traditional putter.

Anyway, the Envy is easier to throw in the wind than the Ion or Anode. It has a lower profile and square nose that cuts the wind better. I never thought I'd compare MVP to Vibram, but it's not too far off from the Ridge. It lacks the glide of MVP's other putters.

It's probably going to be a bit, but I'm curious what a soft proton Envy would be like.

thanks for the answer and I'm pretty sure he knew what I meant but who really cares...

I tried putting with the Envy a few times....didn't care for it myself. Great driving and upshot putter though. I mean, just fantastic. I'm hoping a soft Proton version is in the works. Then I'd definitely keep two in the bag...one for driving (regular Proton) and one for hit and stick upshots (soft Proton)

that's good to know

still going to order a couple for driving. I don't know if I can ever give up my ion for upshots.

mmmm. don't know if i quite agree with the whole "top high speed drivers" part, but i see what you are trying to get at.

basically, from my admittedly limited time with the envy, here's my take. the envy is in the bucket of those almost "tweener" discs. similar to the opto pure in that regard, as it straight bombs. it's distance potential is not as dependent upon height like your typical putter. definitely more of a natural driving putter. i found it very comfortable in the hand, definitely not nearly as deep as a wizard. comparable to the opto pure depth-wise. it has more HSS than the wizard, LSS about the same, maybe a bit more. it's not breaker-shallow but it's definitely easy to drive with and putt with.

Envy vs suspect? I wanna order an envy, but I'm pretty invested in the suspect. Any thoughts for those who've got time on both?? Seems like they might be too similar to carry both... Fwiw I carry suspects in several different plastics, from surprisingly neutral light opto to pretty os heavy bio. Softs for hit and stick.

Envy vs suspect? I wanna order an envy, but I'm pretty invested in the suspect. Any thoughts for those who've got time on both?? Seems like they might be too similar to carry both... Fwiw I carry suspects in several different plastics, from surprisingly neutral light opto to pretty os heavy bio. Softs for hit and stick.

I carry both, but I tend to use them for different situations. I have a tendency to OAT putters when I drive them, so I go Suspect off the tee because I know it isn't going to turn over. I'll use the Suspect more in the wind, too. Envy is great for upshots, and that is what I use it for. I am sure it depends on your power level, but I find I have room for both.

Envy is shorter than a Suspect by a noticeable margin. I found the Suspect to have more LSS than the Envy as well. I ordered two more Suspects from Infinite to see if they can fill a gap in my bag since I pulled the Tensor for awhile. Might not last,because my Envys,which are not super OS, are OS enough for me.

Envy is shorter than a Suspect by a noticeable margin. I found the Suspect to have more LSS than the Envy as well. I ordered two more Suspects from Infinite to see if they can fill a gap in my bag since I pulled the Tensor for awhile. Might not last,because my Envys,which are not super OS, are OS enough for me.

I agree with this. They are just overstable enough. One of those rare "just right" discs that seems to do many things right.

Now if they could relase a more stable envy. Ala zone. Not quite the tensor, but well a more stable envy. This envy I tell ya is sweet!

^^ The Zone is more overstable than the Tensor. Actually, a putter with the Tensor's exact stability would be incredible.

^^ The Zone is more overstable than the Tensor. Actually, a putter with the Tensor's exact stability would be incredible.

I guess my zones are well seasoned. I found the tensor to be more stable. I just hated it so it could be that as well. A putter feel with a tensor flight I'll take that.

I would prefer something with even earlier LSS. Tensor once seasoned is pretty straight.

I have a feeling with the envy being a smaller bead its not going to hold up to time stability wise like the Ion does but time will tell. IMO the envy and tensor are pretty comparable already.

IMO the envy and tensor are pretty comparable already.

I have to admit I'm struggling with this statement a little, but maybe it's my lack of 'trigger time' with the Tensor.

Surprisingly to me, the Envy has kicked the Ion out of my bag.

Me too, except I wasn't really suprised. Considering similar flight, I had a good feeling it would take over for me because of how I struggle with unintentional turnover with the rounded inner Ion rim.

I had to force angles with the Ion on drives, I felt like, whereas the Envy is much more natural for me.

Latest posts