• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Yah it's been brutal here lately. It got up to like 29 yesterday and you would think from people's reactions spring had come. I'm gonna be driving down to CT and mass more than once in the next month or two just for a glimpse of green grass and of course some disc. My group of friends got through the first half of the winter with plenty of disc ambition but now it's just been beat out of all of us. Lost discs, exhaustion from walking in the snow, and the wet and cold just add up.

You should have plenty of chances to try out that black envy at sims.

As for Punderson, yea if their is any snow on the ground playing playing two rounds on both tees will take a long time. The long tees are a legit 60+ par (60+ ssa as well I think) with many long holes, which on other courses would be 2-3 holes. The other thing is just by the way it's laid out, you often have to walk the full length of the long layout even if you are playing the shorts(1,2,3). Not always but sometimes. Some counter examples where the long tees are tough to find would be 5 (it's SE of 4's basket), 9 (play to the second basket), and 10 (long tee is way to the south of the short tee, you walk to the tee and then double right back after you throw). The final hole is kinda like that too where you have to hike a ways to get to the long tee.

Anyways it's a fun park, free to play, and almost always empty. Like I said prob play the shorts first but keep your eyes peeled for the long tees hidden often in very tight, far off places! :D

Got my Protons (and another Neutron because I have a serious problem with buying discs) and they feel amazing. I got a blue with pink rim and a purple with red rim, both max weights. It's been awhile since I've thrown Medium Proton, but these seem just a little bit stiffer than I remember. Another awesome thing is that they have no dome, as in none. I cannot tell a difference between the P and the N.

Hope I get out to throw them today....weather is very nice.

Tomorrow will be the first day I get to go out and throw my 173g Envy... Somewhat excited.

Tomorrow will be the first day I get to go out and throw my 173g Envy... Somewhat excited.

You should be!

Threw my Proton a few times today. Not enough to really work it out, but it flies just like my Neutrons. I didn't notice any different as far as HSS or LSS. It did come out of my hand a little faster, but I can assure you that is me and not the disc.

I thought the Neutrons were pretty, but these Protons are just straight up beautiful. Love 'em!:hfive:

You should be!

Threw my Proton a few times today. Not enough to really work it out, but it flies just like my Neutrons. I didn't notice any different as far as HSS or LSS. It did come out of my hand a little faster, but I can assure you that is me and not the disc.

I thought the Neutrons were pretty, but these Protons are just straight up beautiful. Love 'em!:hfive:

I'm really trying not to read what you're writing. I'm happy with my neutron. (Little voice in head reminding me I need a backup) Good write up Andy. :clap:

Got my Protons (and another Neutron because I have a serious problem with buying discs) and they feel amazing. Another awesome thing is that they have no dome, as in none. I cannot tell a difference between the P and the N.

Hope I get out to throw them today....weather is very nice.

i picked up a proton alias which is also flat. my white N was on the opposite end of the bubble though.

i need to go back a ways to read through some more of this thread
but i have been on a driving putter quest lately
i love my pures, both opto and hard and i also carry a zone
but i have been looking for something in between those with no luck.
mostly because i dont like deep and/or beaded discs, as i have a hard time getting a clean release
today i found the envy, so far its perfect.

It's becoming one of my most used discs. Really love at first flight. Colors are beautiful, shallow feel is super comfortable, and you can really lay into them off the tee. I already have too many neutrons in the 170's and just got a proton last week in a lighter 166. Liking the lighter proton a lot as it seems to glide forever with very little effort. I'm bagging 3 of them right now. N. 173 for driving, N. 170 for putting, P. 166 for finesse approaches. Probably could get by fine with just one, but they look so badass I can't leave them behind. So far it's my favorite disc I've thrown to date. Might need to join an AA (Axioms Annonomys) as I am still wanting more color combos!

Just picked up a 177 Envy, chartreuse rim and a creamy orange flight plate. Bought it to replace my Ion as my driving putter, because my soft proton Ion is beat and I needed something overstable. Was finishing with a slight fade today, but my form was definitely off for some reason, likely because I play shorter wooded courses more than long and open. I also am digging the shallower rim, much more comfortable drives, can't wait to get in a round with her. It's too bad that of course there are 2 tourneys on the one weekend I'm out of town...

Okay I'll admit I'm too lazy to thumb through this entire thread. Any major differences between the plastics. I'm thinking the envy will be a great approach disc and driving putter. I love neutron for putting, but for drives and up shots I have no preference between the plastics. Anyone? Thanks?!!

Okay I'll admit I'm too lazy to thumb through this entire thread. Any major differences between the plastics. I'm thinking the envy will be a great approach disc and driving putter. I love neutron for putting, but for drives and up shots I have no preference between the plastics. Anyone? Thanks?!!

For me, I noticed no difference in flight between Proton and Neutron. This is the first MVP/Axiom disc I've had where I though the Proton looked better. My Proton seemed to come out of my hand a little faster (not an early release, just snapped out of my hand quicker) but that is me, and certainly not the disc. The flight plate of the Proton seems a slight bit less scuff-resitant than the Neutron. Either way, that shouldn't be an issue. A couple of my Neutrons are pretty scuffed up with dings in the rim, and they fly just the same. No loss of HSS or LSS.

To me (and many others on here) the Envy is the flight of a fresh Ion, but fits the hand better for driving. If anything, the Envy has more HSS, but fades about the same as a fresh Ion. It's a great disc.

Anyone break one of these in? Do they ever turn? Mine is still pretty stable with a fade at the end.

Anyone break one of these in? Do they ever turn? Mine is still pretty stable with a fade at the end.

Mine is really beat up(Neutron) but no turn yet. Lost a little bit of fade, but like Aim For The Chains pointed out in my video, thats likely my form (throwing with OAT) and not the disc. Basically,mine has damage enough that it is visible, but it has not effected the flight...similiar to my beat up Volt. MVP discs last.

I really hope they keep true to the design even seasoned up after a year+. Its what makes this disc better for driving at all levels of play over the Ion with that extra sleek profile and stability. Andy-- don't get me wrong either you don't have wack form at all but when we are hitting close to 300' with them they get touchy' when you hear a lot of people comment on here we don't see any video lol.. those are some GOOD shots with the envy I was only surprised by your intial feedback. sounds like we are def. on the same page though and wish mine would show up in the mail......... (that's another story though)

Andy-- don't get me wrong either you don't have wack form at all but when we are hitting close to 300' with them they get touchy' when you hear a lot of people comment on here we don't see any video lol..

At least not compared to some people I see, LOL.

I do have some OAT in my form, and the Envy has enough HSS to hold the line, but not enough LSS to have big fade unless I use a little hyzer release. But, like I said, so far it hasn't changed (the flight path that is.) My Proton seems to be holding up a little better than my Neutron, scuffage wise. But no flight path changes. Beads be damned!

youre ALL trippin thinking that a premium plastic disc is gonna change characteristics this quickly.

especially mvp stuff... i see people saying that they have to throw new volts a half round before they 'break in' a bit and its ludicrous. everything in my bag has been mvp since before neutron, and nothing has changed how its flown to a point that i cant tune it back in 2 seconds.