• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Weight suggestion for a relatively noodle arm thrower? Drivers are 150 class. Most of my mids are in the ~170 range. Though I have a couple down to ~163 (couple buzzes). I tend to putt with ~172. But I don't drive with putters much, which is something I'm hoping the Envy can help me with. Probably wouldn't putt with it regularly, but might use it to play with my "one disc round" casual friends if I liked it better than what I normally use (magic, comet or meteor).

I may be overthinking it. As from what I can read, people aren't seeing a ton of difference in the flight/stability in the different Envy weights (or plastics). But spread across 148 pages, it can be hard to piece it all together. Hence, this post.

I carry 165's and 175's and the 165's fly true to the mold. They hold straight a little longer off the tee but otherwise fly the same. Full power rip with either and I see no turn.

I carry 165's and 175's and the 165's fly true to the mold. They hold straight a little longer off the tee but otherwise fly the same. Full power rip with either and I see no turn.

If your full power rip doesn't turn them, mine sure won't.

Thanks Mike.

Is the verdict still that neu and pro are pretty much the same in terms of seasoning/wear?

Got my new Watermelon Envy today. Wow. Color me impressed.

The thing I love about my Alias is that I can rip it pretty hard and it resists turning over and still has a little fade at the end. My Envy is like that on crack. Super straight, slower, and has a bigger fade. Really liking it. And the plastic feels great. It's a little softer than my older Proton stuff and I really dig that.

Do all your melon envys have the little nipple in the core? My proton is table flat and was curious if the nipple made them fly different. Maybe this is why they are more OS?

Got my new Watermelon Envy today. Wow. Color me impressed.

The thing I love about my Alias is that I can rip it pretty hard and it resists turning over and still has a little fade at the end. My Envy is like that on crack. Super straight, slower, and has a bigger fade. Really liking it. And the plastic feels great. It's a little softer than my older Proton stuff and I really dig that.

My Proton Inertias feel real soft and gummy, I love them. Just got a Crave in proton that's the same. Also have a Proton Envy with my stamp (The "eclipse" one I posted a few pages back) that feels so nice and grippy its tempting to throw it.

My Proton Inertias feel real soft and gummy, I love them. Just got a Crave in proton that's the same. Also have a Proton Envy with my stamp (The "eclipse" one I posted a few pages back) that feels so nice and grippy its tempting to throw it.

That kind of jives with the grip difference I was noticing between the Proton and Neutron Inertia.

Weight suggestion for a relatively noodle arm thrower? Drivers are 150 class. Most of my mids are in the ~170 range. Though I have a couple down to ~163 (couple buzzes). I tend to putt with ~172. But I don't drive with putters much, which is something I'm hoping the Envy can help me with.

I throw a lot of 150s, with mids/putters 168-70. My three Envies are 166(N), 167(P) and 169(N) and all fly the same. They've replaced long-standing Wizards as my driving putters, but with extended range into what would normally be a stable mid-shot for me. Very reliable and predictable.

I traded a buddy for a sea foam flightplate / red rim (like FR Ion) Envy that's *definitely* softer than my recent run. Almost gummy. Reeeeally digging it.
I have one the same color I got from HyzerFarm when they were first released and I have to say its my favorite putter. 50' and in is its only job and it does it very well. Too pretty to mash off the tee, I have other Envys for that. Wish I could score another for a backup. Mine is 170g is yours the same? Been looking and have only seen one other in that color with no stamp at MSDG but I missed it! I've got a Clash on the way in the same color though, jumped on that baby.

I throw a lot of 150s, with mids/putters 168-70. My three Envies are 166(N), 167(P) and 169(N) and all fly the same. They've replaced long-standing Wizards as my driving putters, but with extended range into what would normally be a stable mid-shot for me. Very reliable and predictable.

Thanks!

Good info from someone with a bag that sounds like mine.

Got a 168 neutron envy for birthday. Got to take it out today. My previous posts about super understable first one at 163 was def true. New one is awesome and what I was expecting. Was hyzer flipping dead straight shots at about 230 with the old one. New one held a hyzer to the ground.

Was super mad about not liking my first one but now
I like the place it can hold for approaches and drives for sure

If your 163 was soft I'd trade you for it. I'm probably going to drive a few Soft N's point blank into some trees for an hour when they release the production run, I want to get some beat to dead straight :D

Looks like all the current watermelon envys are ~175+. I see at least some of the original 300 were lighter. Any particular reason for this?

Latest posts