• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

I don't get the better grip with Eclipse thing. I hear a lot of people say it, but I don't really understand it. Does it feel softer than Plasma? I only have older Plasmas, which feel pretty tacky to me. But mainly throw Soft N, so it's definitely grippier.

Eclipse is nice, kinda like proton with a bit more grip, not as much flex as a soft neutron. Generally a bit tackier though, the flight is usually really good out of the box.

Plasma is kind of slick but good flex, eclipse is almost the same flex but a mellower or more broken in flight dynamic. More flex than its proton sibling and the more understable flight.

I haven't thrown an eclipse proxy though.

Eclipse is nice, kinda like proton with a bit more grip, not as much flex as a soft neutron. Generally a bit tackier though, the flight is usually really good out of the box.

Plasma is kind of slick but good flex, eclipse is almost the same flex but a mellower or more broken in flight dynamic. More flex than its proton sibling and the more understable flight.

I haven't thrown an eclipse proxy though.

IDK, I'm feeling my 1.0 Eclipse Envy, 2.0 Proxy, and new run Neutron discs and the Neutron is softer/gummier/flexier than either Eclipse. The 1.0 is maybe barely softer than the 2.0, but not by a lot. I haven't thrown Proton in a long time, but the run where they introduced the Wraths and Insanities was borderline Soft N/Soft P. It's definitely tackier and softer than these Eclipses. I have a run that's the first they ran Pyros in Proton Prism that's also just as soft as current Neutron, which again, I feel is softer than the Eclipse.

Now the really old stuff, I do remember both Proton and Neutron being quite stiff and slick, I have a couple of Resistors in that really stiff Neutron plastic, but everything else I have is at least as soft as my Eclipses.

About 6" away from canning my first ace of the year at wintery dubs this weekend. Hit the number plate on a ~200 foot tunnel shot. Dropped for easy bird, but the ace woulda been slick. Plasma Proxy.

I find myself going back n forth between the Proxy/Envy combo and one or two Rekos (always bag a zone too). The Reko is a good do it all, where the gyro combo can do so much in tandem. I'll probably never settle on one or the other.

Soft Electron Proxy has been a throw-in machine lately. In my last two rounds I had four throw-ins from 70-100'. Not sure why the Proxy has been magic recently, but I'm not complaining. :D

(anything beyond 60' or so is outside jump putt range for me). :eek:

Soft Electron Proxy has been a throw-in machine lately. In my last two rounds I had four throw-ins from 70-100'. Not sure why the Proxy has been magic recently, but I'm not complaining. :D

I've been toying with an Eclipse Proxy as a replacement for my straight throwing putter slot, in an effort to replace an old Eclipse Ion (OOP). Preliminary results have been favorable. Definitely a different feel, and not as much float, but it could happen. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I've never clicked with the Envy. I also love Breakers, so perhaps I have inherent bias.

I get this totally. I am absolutely amazed at how far away I can be with a Proxy and just throw it straight at the basket and either sink it or at least hit metal and drop.

Shots I used to think, well, I'm gonna lay this up, now I'm draining them. Even a miss drops close enough to the basket that I don't miss the second if the first run happens to miss.

I carry an Entropy and it's a good sub for a Zone / Harp style shot, but I just don't use it that often. Unless the basket has a close guard of trees in front, I'm running a Proxy straight at the basket instead of trying to park under the basket from the right.

Just accidentally bought a Axiom Eclipse 2.0 Proxy - Medusa from DFX instead of an Envy. I emailed them right after asking to substitute but doesn't look like they got the message, Proxy has already shipped. Anywho, I am going to need to get a backup Eclipse Envy at some point--it might be my favorite plastic/mold ever, but after reading this thread I'm pretty stoked to try the Proxy.

Still have managed to resist pulling the trigger on a soft Neutron proxy, mostly because the eclipse proxy has been making a strong case for buying a backup for it instead! Just wonderful upshots with it yesterday, and the kid in me just loves the eclipse glow every night round I play...

That's nothing. Watch gatekeeper coverage of the first round. Simon absolutely parks it with the proxy. (Had better wind for it on the first day.)

who's bagging eclipse proxies? Put a regular in my bag that's been killer for fh upshots, and just got some softs to mess around with.

I threw the hell out of my eclipse proxy during my glow league this winter. It did so much work for me on anything inside 300', and often pushed it past that when I needed a straight shot.
I preferred my Neutron Soft for daytime golf though. It's got a little more stable finish but was as workable as my eclipse. I found my eclipse to be a little less stable overall than my regular neutron or my neutron soft.

Where are the Protons? I decided I want to own one again but couldn't find any.

:thmbup:

digging these. flight isn't wildly different than my soft neutrons, but I'm getting a cleaner release with my FH. I tend to like harder, slicker plastics for flicks and softer, grippier plastics for bh.

test 2 will be at a long 18 hole course. nevin, renny gold, hornets nest - haven't decided yet.

Buddy of mine has an eclipse he's been beating in for about a year and just getting two more neutral flight. I picked up a couple myself hoping for a little more stability, but the eclipse 2.0 seems to be really consistent in stability with my stock neutron.

Are any of their new putter releases using the same core as proxy/ envy with a stability that slots right between them?

Latest posts