• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Well, I gave the proton atom and n soft proxy a fair chance to take over as my upshot putter and after today I'm really digging the proxy. Proton atom is still a great disc, but it's a better comparison to an envy than a proxy. At least for my game. I was hitting some nice little upshots with the proxy today. Not my favorite off the tee on holes over 200, but that's what I have an envy for. I like my upshot disc to handle touch shots and the proxy does it very well for me. P atom just doesnt feel good on those short touch shots.

Hit my first #GyroAce today. Orange/orange Neutron Proxy on a slight hyzer, only 135 feet at a little pitch and putt.. But man it was puuurrty. It's been my first dip back into gyro discs since I've actually learned to throw. Really loving it for short drives and ups. Started putting the electron atom as well. Might have to keep trying these gyro discs.

The Proxy is money. I hit chains on a homemade basket about 200 feet straight in front of me.

Oh that reminds me, I needed an electron proxy yesterday. Guess I'll putt with the Atom till then.

I failed to mention that detail about it being a homemade basket was to highlight that the basket had a smaller catching area than a normal basket . It made the shot even sweeter.

I've been focusing on making myself pull the Proxy out more often, on a wider variety of shots, and it's killing it. I swear I think going with a "if not a Proxy, then..." game plan is saving me like 3 throws/round. It's deadly.

Hah, have you tried any Proxy only rounds? Its annoying how many holes I've thrown better during those rounds than my full bag rounds. These days I use mine on holes I wouldn't have ever thought to when they came out.

Hah, have you tried any Proxy only rounds? Its annoying how many holes I've thrown better during those rounds than my full bag rounds. These days I use mine on holes I wouldn't have ever thought to when they came out.

No I haven't tried Proxy only, but I'm experiencing some of what you're talking about on holes I never would've thought about at first. The whole "why have I waited so long to throw Proxy off this tee" etc.

would you consider the proxy a true driving putter. like it is almost between a mid and what we call a putter.

Agreed.

Plus though, the Proxy is cool because it flies basically the same for me from like 150 ft out to as hard as I can throw.

Thanks. I'm an envy fan and have thought about adding this mold to my mvp only bag. so it seems this is basically an envy tooled less stable.

Also, I like the michgander note on your description. cool stuff. I thought i was only one that used that term and i'm not even from the great lake state.

Honestly, the Proxy is just about the same HSS as the Envy. It's just got the fade knocked off. It's a stellar driving putter.

^This. You know right where it's going every time.

Is there a fairway driver that's Proxy-ish? Good HSS but zero fade?

Agreed.

Plus though, the Proxy is cool because it flies basically the same for me from like 150 ft out to as hard as I can throw.

This! I love that it is so straight over a such a range of power. There are a number of straight discs with just the right amount of juice but going straight over a wide range of juice is what makes this disc special in my opinion.

Seasoned Craves and Volts are your best bet. Volts have better HSS but take longer to lose their fade. Seasoned Crave is my #1 driver these days.

Latest posts