Backhand 1357

The video angle in the backhand is some what off, so foot angles look worse than they actually are. Weird how I didn't notice how late my rear foot push is. That must be the reason for tipping over?
WB brotha.

I see what you mean but even correcting for camera angle I think you're not getting ideal lateral leverage off the rear leg into the plant. Tipping might be related/compensatory.

I think noting my late rear leg drive helped me quite a bit. Obviously still some weird things going on given, that my rear knee is smashing into my front knee. Also kind of looks like my front shoulder gets kind of "jammed up", instead of continuing more forward. These two things might be related?

I think noting my late rear leg drive helped me quite a bit. Obviously still some weird things going on given, that my rear knee is smashing into my front knee. Also kind of looks like my front shoulder gets kind of "jammed up", instead of continuing more forward. These two things might be related?

What happens when you try the move at 6:17 here (use the glass)?

What happens when you try the move at 6:17 here (use the glass)?

Not sure if I've ever cursed here, but holy shit that made a difference. I knew before even trying, that I'll be spilling the beverage everywhere. I knew it was about not getting my offarm forward early, so I fixed that immediately, but still got splashing going on during and after the hit. Took my around five minutes to realize, that I've never been really countering my throwing arm with my offarm lol. Focusing on really countering and balancing that throwing arm going forward with my offarm made a huge difference in feel. It's like I'm suddenly having a trebuchet thing going on. This could be huge, but haven't tried throwing yet.

Started throwing outside again which is great, but form not so much. Still having my very hard to kill over the top issue. I was throwing some harder shots and started to feel something in my back and front knee, which might be related to my form (and lack of warming up).

Also kind of weird, but throwing hyzers is super awkward for me. Feels like I can't get any power when I tilt my spine forward to throw a hyzer. Feels like I'm going more over the top the more I try to throw hyzer. Specifically lower to mid-high hyzers. Does this make any sense?

1. Not a fan of the diagonal camera angle.

2. Looks like your spine gets kinked up in the finish. Bring your head/shoulder more forward over the front foot.

Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 3.46.25 PM.png

Just wanted to say your knee looks like it's clearly taking (bad) lateral torque North then flexing it out laterally East when you start to enter follow through, that deflects all the way back West again as you complete the Finish. Worth the time for your health bud.

Similar to my throw and in a massive power throw I have to do a hop like seen easier smaller players you see on tour where I am above ground, or I will his myself in my knees, or am spinning out on ground from trying to not hit my knees. Maybe his could help? , I see GG him or a few others do in power and works for me.

I am unlike you unable to do follow through with my arm or I am griping disc longer then needs to or releasing early because I am trying rip a disc out of my hands in way I see some pro players do and on most slower drives I am not ripping disc from hand. For me, some reason ripping never works for most discs past 12 speed or are like an average Firebird and similar discs/more overstable discs.

in end phase toes/midfoot more forward in drive when throwing becuse when I use my heel or sometimes entire foot am planting my body seems to go too vertical in throw where I am hurting.

Just I am doing a more level throw then what a pro would do because If I do a full as vertical tilt as pros do before going to flat, I would be doing a max power throw which I rarely need.

Last edited:
Might also force your rear/trailing side to fully counterbalance behind you more like Simon.

If you can't attack the feet or "ground up," maybe go right for the head.

Worth a try?

View attachment 338401
That definitely makes sense and kind of what I was thinking too. It seems counter intuitive since you would think I would just go further over the top in a bad way. But one of my main visual issues is the lack of any counter balance from the rear side and the only way to get that is to get more over the front leg.

That definitely makes sense and kind of what I was thinking too. It seems counter intuitive since you would think I would just go further over the top in a bad way. But one of my main visual issues is the lack of any counter balance from the rear side and the only way to get that is to get more over the front leg.
I was copying Kuoksa's standstill for fun last week to try and help my tilt and feel how it might be different and it had a similar effect for me. I think I would still suggest to use Simon as your posture reference for this because it's closer to your current move.